Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Braehead In Anti-terror Photo Row, Police cite terror laws over family photo
*Irene*
post 10th Oct 2011, 11:42pm
Post #16

I saw this on the news also and really wanted to just find somewhere where I could leave my own feelings on this as this is something I feel very strongly about. I think it is disgusting that an ordinary father should have been subjected to tactics by a state which you would associate with East German Stasi thugs. What world are we living in now? The whole place has went completely mad and now we have the heavy hand of the police on our shoulders telling us how we should behave with our own children who we are trying to bring up to respect the law.

Absolutely disgraceful! And to think that we should be expected to actually report our suspicions to clowns who just abuse their powers?

The only people to benefit from this are real criminals!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex MacPhee
post 10th Oct 2011, 11:44pm
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,183
QUOTE (*Kenny* @ 10th Oct 2011, 10:30pm) *
I would however have the ability to go to the police and/or to request that this picture be deleted.

What authority would the police have? The rules for photography in private places are not within the compass of criminal law(*), and the police have no powers whatever in civil law.

--------------------
Alex

+Quote Post
**duinemor**
post 10th Oct 2011, 11:45pm
Post #18

I've seen this outlet with the gimmicky motor scotter seats - I won't be patronising it if this is how they behave.

+Quote Post
Alex MacPhee
post 10th Oct 2011, 11:45pm
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,183
(*) Save where the photography itself is a criminal offence, as in obscene photographs of a minor, but that is a special case, and not applicable here.

--------------------
Alex

+Quote Post
GG
post 10th Oct 2011, 11:47pm
Post #20

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
Here is Mr White in his own words:

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post
*Brian Miller *
post 11th Oct 2011, 01:49am
Post #21

Well Braehead is now one destination that is now off of our list of places to take the kids at the weekend. It just would not feel right giving money to a place that has treated this man so nastily. I think we should congratulate a loving dad for taking a stand like he has. Well done sir!

+Quote Post
droschke7
post 11th Oct 2011, 01:56am
Post #22

Lord Provost
Member No.: 128
This whole thing is ludicrous, I've even seen a sign at the Clydebank Shoping Centre banning all Photography but they also still have CCTV Cameras all over. One thing that I can't understand is, what does any of this have to do with terrorism?

+Quote Post
tamhickey
post 11th Oct 2011, 04:07am
Post #23

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,833
It seems to me that the police invoke the terrorism laws as a means to curtail our rights. It allows them carte blanche to stop and search without any obvious reason, as used to happen in Northern Ireland. I would have thought the police and security guards would have more to do making sure shoplifting wasn't taking place rather than harrassing a man taking innocent pics of his daughter.
I agree with the point that others have raised about CCTV cameras being used without asking shoppers for permission, yet for the rest of us, it seems it's not allowed. This makes you wonder why staff complained about one man taking photographs when they are being filmed constantly in whichever stores they work in. Also, I have been involved in filmmaking where people have to sign a release form in order to use their image in film, and you have to apply to the various authorities involved for permission to shoot. I wonder if the staff at Braehead are given the same courtesy. It certainly doesn't apply to customers, does it?

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 11th Oct 2011, 05:08am
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
I think the father Chris should be applauded for his stance and for making the whole incident public.
I think,but Ive no facts figures or data,that many individuals,members of the public would have rolled over and accepted what the no brainer security guard and Police officer said.Chris,by his actions has done a great deal in restoring rights of the individual to go about their business without fear of harrassment from petty trumped up chimps.
Give me my camera,Im going to Braehead!

+Quote Post
littlealison
post 11th Oct 2011, 05:27am
Post #25

Unpacking
Member No.: 8,583
Seems like no-one is allowed to be innocent these days.

My daughter yesterday was hauled in by security in Wilkinson's in Oxford, the man insisted she had been on their camera before and been banned from the shop. Of course it wasn't her, when they checked, and she will probably get an apology, but she feels humiliated - in front of neighbours - and I told her to ask for compensation.

I hadn't been aware of a camera there before this.....

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 11th Oct 2011, 06:13am
Post #26

These 'security guards' are nothing more than bored underpaid jobsworths. Why don't they spend their time sorting out the violent drunks instead of picking on dads trying to have a bit of quality time with their daughters. Sad.

+Quote Post
irrie
post 11th Oct 2011, 07:33am
Post #27

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,735
Morning all. Braehead has now changed this policy pics are allowed. Cheers

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 11th Oct 2011, 07:50am
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (littlealison @ 11th Oct 2011, 06:13am) *
... I told her to ask for compensation.

I was leaving a store over here when all the bells started ringing and everyone turned to see who was making off with a stolen item. I just raised my hands, laughing, in a "DONT SHOOT" pose.
The cashier had missed a tag. rolleyes.gif
I was given a voucher for 5 (90 cents short of a packet of fags rolleyes.gif )

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
chas1937
post 11th Oct 2011, 08:06am
Post #29

Special Visitor
Member No.: 10,795
It happens everywhere as 2 weeks ago I was at a Dog Agility Show in a centre in Bishopton and was stopped by Security.They wanted to know had I permission but when I told them it was just my friends dogs I was photographing it was OK.So it would appear that security is on a HIGH just now as that has never happened to me before.

+Quote Post
thepaperboy
post 11th Oct 2011, 08:58am
Post #30

Unpacking
Member No.: 8,134
is it no aboot time the polis went oot and did there reel job,a would like tae know wit the polis really dae noo

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.