Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When And Where Did Queenslie Go?, Beam Me Up Scottie When
barr
post 16th Dec 2012, 08:03pm
Post #61

Unpacking
Member No.: 14,705
QUOTE (Bill Logan @ 12th Jan 2012, 07:29pm) *
Hi just found this seen a lot of old names I remember used to live a 4 Horndean mum was Winnie Logan now live in England got lots of memories of Queenslie grew up there from 1964 to 1991 went to both Queenslie Primary and Garthamlock Secondry

hi billy i remember you my names kenny barrett can you remember me?
where about's in england do you live now billy. i still see you're sisters now and then
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Tabby*
post 10th Jan 2013, 12:21am
Post #62

QUOTE (lindamac @ 1st Jun 2009, 03:46am) *
biggrin.gif Same as my husband Neil who lived in Cranhill Heather his dad always took him for wee lessons through the Queenslie estate,he has many a good memory of the place.

Hi I loved queenslie my dad had the off licence grocers there from 1984 till
1989 most folk knew him as Mohammed or Jamil, Isobel Hamilton - Andy Hamiltons wife - worked in the shop with is too , I made a few friends there and we used to play pool in the wee community place couple of doors up from the shop, drive through it was sad to see it all gone sad.gif

+Quote Post
*sharron ruddy*
post 13th Jan 2014, 01:11am
Post #63

I came from Queenslie my granny was Mrs Broon stayed in Penston Rd.

+Quote Post
*david mcgowan*
post 10th Sep 2014, 12:58pm
Post #64

Hi,

Thanks for all the memories....i lived at 59 Horndean Crescent Queenslie from 1966 to 1975, lived there with my mum May, dad David & brother Stephen.... we looked over the canal as it was then(now M8) onto the piggery at Garthamloch ...i remember seeing a little boat going along the canal, memories of falling in & walking along the path to Easterhouse when the shows/carnival was on.

Used to walk through the industrial estate to Cranhill to go to St Modans little annex,before being moved to another annex near Gartcraig bus garage - I remember the Toi robbing me of my halloween bag !!! bandits.... and the gang fights with everyone using their home made crossbows chasing each other across the canal.

+Quote Post
Tennscot
post 15th Nov 2014, 01:39am
Post #65

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,796
I don't know when the estate was built But My Mother Worked in the raincoat factory(I think Co op) Before I left Scotland and that was 1956

+Quote Post
dizzybint
post 2nd Jan 2015, 08:49pm
Post #66

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,116
my wee mammy lived over the bridge in Coxton place Garthamlock facing Queenslie..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queenslie

+Quote Post
*sharon mcbride*
post 10th Mar 2015, 11:04pm
Post #67

QUOTE (Eddie McGeough @ 28th Apr 2009, 10:35pm) *
hi.....i lived in horndean crescent,queenslie all my childhood and left when i was 18....i think it was demolished in the early nineties(cant remember exact time though).....anyone else from queenslie?

hi am Sharon , I was born in queenslie , my gran lived in lonmay road , and my mum and dad , horndean cres
my 2 older sisters went to queenslie high .

+Quote Post
*sharon mcbride*
post 10th Mar 2015, 11:09pm
Post #68

was just a baby when left queenslie , but my gran still lived here , horndean crescent. my grans name was mamie mcclymont.

+Quote Post
*sharon mcbride*
post 10th Mar 2015, 11:14pm
Post #69

QUOTE (jason montgomery @ 22nd Jul 2010, 09:00pm) *
hi eddie do you remeber mr jason montgomery.

does anyone remember the dookits , the pigeon huts . I do as my granddad tam mcclymont had one

+Quote Post
*Cath Burns*
post 18th Jun 2015, 10:18pm
Post #70

Hi, we used to live at 26 Lonmay Road in Queenslie in early 60s then we moved to Fort William (overspill as they called it). My mum,dad and sister worked in the Canada. I can only remember one name from the street Catherine Johnstone. She will be 55 or 56 now, my maiden name was Catherine Burns.

+Quote Post
*James McGhee*
post 2nd Dec 2015, 10:39pm
Post #71

QUOTE (david mcgowan @ 10th Sep 2014, 01:06pm) *
Hi,

Thanks for all the memories....i lived at 59 Horndean Crescent Queenslie from 1966 to 1975, lived there with my mum May, dad David & brother Stephen.... we looked over the canal as it was then(now M8) onto the piggery at Garthamloch ...i remember seeing a little boat going along the canal, memories of falling in & walking along the path to Easterhouse when the shows/carnival was on.

Used to walk through the industrial estate to Cranhill to go to St Modans little annex,before being moved to another annex near Gartcraig bus garage - I remember the Toi robbing me of my halloween bag !!! bandits.... and the gang fights with everyone using their home made crossbows chasing each other across the canal.

Davy I remember you from Queenslie. We were very good friends at St Modan's. My twin John and me would walk to school with you most days, and we played in the industrial estate all the time. It's surprising we survived our childhood with such a dangerous playground. I remember the crossbow fights well.

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 28th Jan 2016, 11:32am
Post #72

Great place, Frank Cusack needs a big mention here. Queenslie through and through, great man.

+Quote Post
*Charlie Robertson*
post 19th Jun 2016, 10:07pm
Post #73

QUOTE (Tabby @ 10th Jan 2013, 12:21am) *
Hi I loved queenslie my dad had the off licence grocers there from 1984 till
1989 most folk knew him as Mohammed or Jamil, Isobel Hamilton - Andy Hamiltons wife - worked in the shop with is too , I made a few friends there and we used to play pool in the wee community place couple of doors up from the shop, drive through it was sad to see it all gone sad.gif

Hi Tabby

Does your Jamil drive a taxi now?

I was in a taxi yesterday and the driver told me he had the shop in Queenslie. We chatted about the old days as I was brought up across the Monkland Canal in Garthamloch.

+Quote Post
*James Gallagher*
post 27th Jun 2016, 10:05am
Post #74

Hiya I used to live at 5 Pension Road between 1968 to 1972 my best pal was John Ferguson who lived at 2 Lonmay road, used to go to St Modan's.

+Quote Post
dizzybint
post 29th Jul 2016, 07:36am
Post #75

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,116
QUOTE (Dexter St. Clair @ 15th May 2005, 10:03pm) *

The Old Olivetti building that gave many people jobs...

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th Aug 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.