Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Councillor Plans To Axe Children's Fruit, Blow to health and wellbeing in Glasgow
irrie
post 17th Sep 2010, 07:57am
Post #136

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,735
QUOTE (davidhendry @ 13th Sep 2010, 11:23am) *
I remember when the salaries of police and army were improved by that woman. Lots of ORDINARY people said this was solely to control civil instability which was sure to come, due to her policies. There should have been a revolution,but the people then, as now, were divided. Exactly as the politicos want it.

A question....... If an MP serves only one term, does he/she qualify for a pension?

Another.....Any action against the Westminster thieves? ( The ones who were caught )

I have always held the Brit. parliament in the highest esteem. Not any more. I am thoroughly, totally disenchanted with our rulers. Robin Hood in reverse. I wonder how many young people would volunteer should there ever be a big conflict.

lvie.snippet from a bbc news report the other day ministers are looking at ways to cut pensioners heating allowance/free travel without breaking DCs election pledge to safeguard them.enough said i think
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zorro
post 21st Sep 2010, 01:46pm
Post #137

Resident
Member No.: 8,458
I am neither for or against these cuts but I think some of you should know some of the facts in relation to school meals in Glasgow. The Scottish Parliament have introduced numerous 'healthy eating' ideas in recent years and sadly the vast majority have failed in Glasgow and West Scotland.

They have taken away fizzy drink machines which in turn means that the kids have an option to either eat their food in the school dining hall and then go outside for their fizzy drinks. The vast majority go outside and get whatever is on offer from the local Chinese, Chippy or Indian with their special offers of stodge and chips with free fizzy drinks thrown in. It also creates a great loss to the school revenue. Eastbank Academy in the east end is a perfect example of schoolkids rejecting what is on offer from the school canteen and they have deserted the dining hall in droves in recent terms. And believe you me we have enough bad health issues in the Shettleston area without our children rejecting healthy eating options because of a can of Coke or Irn Bru. The vast majority of Secondary School kids do not want to work at eating fruit i.e. peeling an apple , orange or a banana. This means that valuable staff time is spent cutting up fruit and mixing it up in small plastic bags. The truth be told the vast majority of MSP's never attended school dining halls in their schooldays and those who did usually have bad memories of pink custard and rhubarb so they have literally no idea of what a modern day school dining hall and kitchen is capable of serving without ramming all sorts of rabbit food down our children's throats. Leave school dinners to the people who know best the School Dinner wummen who know their weans better than anyone else. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Zorro...the Riddrie Fox

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 1st Oct 2010, 11:38am
Post #138

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
Free fruit is to be retained in nurseries and Nurture classes only in an effort to save public money.Annnounced today.

+Quote Post
Jimmuck
post 1st Oct 2010, 02:53pm
Post #139

Resident
Member No.: 546
What the hell happened tae 'looking efter yurr ain bairns' if ye cannie afford fresh fruit furr yurr wains?? don't huvv bliddy wains .... ah'm sick tae death aboot hearing that WE huftae help oot oor 'fellows' WHY?? that's why the world's population is getting ootta haun .... ma mother an' faither worked aw thurr days, if therr wiss fresh fruit oan the table?? ... mebbe a banana, mebbe some apples Ohhhh! ye want Mangos or mair exotic fare etc??
OOR diet hudd canned pears, oranges an' ma mammy used tae 'treat hursell' tae a wee poke of grapes noo an again an' we never suffered fae 'deprivation' ah'm 6'3" an' aw ma bothers an' sisters (6) wurr aw big strappin people in fact ma sister Jacqueline cuid 'belt' maist o' the fellas oan oor street, LoL!

Ah detest politicians as much as the next wan, bit turn yurr wrath at the lazy bazzas thit 'smoke an' drink' thurr money away or STERILIZE WELFARE COUPLES THAT CHURN OOT WAINS BIT WON'T DAE A DAY'S WORK!
an' dae like France has jist dunn, throw oot refugees who are a financial burden tae the country NOW!
Spend your Tax money on your children, check out the Charities you do donate too and make folk responsible for themselves! Temporary assistance is a virtue, permanent assistance is FRAUD!

--------------------
"Watch Yurr Mooth!"

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.