Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Andy Murray Bow To The Queen?, Tennis star may defy royal convention
Ruchazie Rat
post 6th Aug 2013, 03:21pm
Post #121

City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,702
Since he`s just delivered the silver upon the SW1 crowd`s bare mantlepiece of achievement, (thus breaking their somewhat prolonged famine) shouldn`t SHE be the one kissing HIS ass? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Doug1
post 6th Aug 2013, 07:41pm
Post #122

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12,899
I may well be wrong but do people still actually bow, as per the old fashioned type of bow, to the Queen any more? I thought in this modern day and age it was more or less a nod of the head, which reminds me of the Mr Bean sketch where he is in a line up to be presented to the Queen and ends up heid butting her laugh.gif

--------------------
ave got my opinion as well

+Quote Post
wombat
post 6th Aug 2013, 07:53pm
Post #123

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (weelew @ 24th Oct 2010, 11:49pm) *
Of course he should ,he would only be showing himself up if he did not .As the Queen she is entitled to be shown respect .

thumbup.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
Gallusbisom
post 6th Aug 2013, 09:51pm
Post #124

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 856
Just a thought here, Lizzie became a monarch at a very young age, she also KNEW that was going to be her life, no options, hubby was going to have a good time, after all he was not king.She made a very moving pledge as a young woman to devote her life to the Commonwealth. She has maintained her pledge. Chuck, I am not his biggest fan, William and Kate, they seem so be willing to take on the mantle of Britain's Ambassadors, ( I so hope my cousins are not reading this, lol) It IS a job, and who better to interface with the rest of the world's community than (in Britain's fading days) people who have many, many, many years of experience and inside knowledge. The days of Britannia are over but more to the point, the Queen has, at all times done her very best to represent what the whole British thing was about. So yes, Andy give her respect but not observience. She would expect no less.

+Quote Post
kenb
post 7th Aug 2013, 12:00am
Post #125

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
i think HMQ got the respectful bow so he made his mind up and done what he considered the right thing END OFF (poss not)

--------------------
WEY HEY

+Quote Post
carmella
post 7th Aug 2013, 01:24pm
Post #126

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
People do still bow and ourtsey to the Queen, normally not so much out of respect but because they are told to do so. This is deemed to be Royal Etiquette.

I personally, think quite regardless of the times we are living in, that this is archaic.

People these days, don't hold the same feelings about Royalty as they did in the 19th and 20th Centuries.

Should Andy or anyone else do it. My opinion is that if they want to it's fine, if they don't, it's also fine. Queenie may see it differently of course.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 7th Aug 2013, 08:38pm
Post #127

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
Murray will do the right thing.

Manners maketh the man. !!

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 7th Aug 2013, 09:03pm
Post #128

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
I wonder if anyone's ever asked the Queen what she thinks about it????

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.