Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Half A Million Posts Coming Soon!
RonD
post 24th Jun 2016, 01:37pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,783
Congratulations on the 1/2 millionth post Ash and your prize of a one way ticket to Saltcoats! cool.gif (redeemable on any Saturday in January!) unsure.gif t

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 24th Jun 2016, 02:33pm
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (RonD @ 24th Jun 2016, 02:37pm) *
Congratulations on the 1/2 millionth post Ash and your prize of a one way ticket to Saltcoats! cool.gif (redeemable on any Saturday in January!) unsure.gif t

Thanks Ron, I'll wear it with pride........I mean it will look great on the mantlepiece...........sorry, I should have said I will treasure it all my days..........err, think I'm busy that day huh.gif

Anyway, I'd like to thank my mother and father (without them I would never have been here), my agent, my dug, and anybody else who knows me (which is not very many). Here's to the next millstone milestone, 600000, hope I'm still here to see it tongue.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
Samjohn
post 26th Jun 2016, 01:11pm
Post #33

Visitor
Member No.: 26,755
I thank you Martin, for your two pieces of news… a good piece and a bad piece to be sure; but hey, that’s what made your board such a success over all these years.

I congratulate you on being the host to 500,000 postings…bravo! I don’t post these days, but I always read what’s going on. I’m well aware too, of the wealth of entertainment readily available at the touch of a key: I can go and read all the arguments I’ve been a part as well as the countless debates of which I was not a part. There is no shortage of good posting on this forum and by and large debates have been carried out with mannerly consideration. Reading these old and current debates brings to mind the many great posters, from the past as well as those currently posting, who have been a part of your forum’s success.

That’s the good news part, then there’s the other part…

Hearty congratulations Martin, and long may your success continue!

Cheers, Dugald.

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 27th Jun 2016, 09:38am
Post #34

QUOTE (dannyball @ 18th Jun 2016, 12:06pm) *
To be honest Ron I haven't been there for years although I hear it's went down hill faster than a roller coaster! My older brother actually met his wife there in the early sixty's and they are still together. Don't know if they have gone back though. Maybe something they would rather forget!!

Aw' the best

Danny B

Apart from Salcoats (goin doon hill; that's a long streach) reminds me of a Billy Connolly:

A Glasgow newspaper offered as a prize for a competition, a weeks holiday in Largs.

The second prize was two week in Largs.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Aug 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.