Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jiving In Glasgow 1950s 1960s, Dalglish Jiving School 1950s 1960s
tomias
post 18th Oct 2016, 04:56pm
Post #16

Unpacking
Member No.: 31,035
QUOTE (jimad @ 28th Aug 2016, 12:33pm) *
Hi Tom just noticed your post...I've been off GG for ages and have just started looking again.
Thanks very much for your reply and I have let my mum know. Her maiden name was Betty Clark...maybe your wife new her ??

Regards,
Iain Dunn

Hi Iain - like yourself, I have not been on GG for a while. But yes - both my wife and I knew your mum. I for much longer because as a kid your mum lived just round the corner from me. She lived in Ruchill Street and I lived in Maryhill Road at the corner of Ruchill street. Tell your Mum that a few years ago - through an article in the Evening Times - an old "dance partner" of hers contacted us out of the blue - Jamie Campbell who was a dance partner of your Mums - then later of my wife Ann. Jamie lives in London but has visited us every year for the past 12 years when he comes up to visit hid brother. Is your Dad Pat still around? Does your mum still live in Acre Road?
Regards Tommy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 19th Oct 2016, 03:19am
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,377
Tomias, yes Dalglish's was in in Burnbank gardens, number 18 I recall.
It was in the basement, and got very crowded indeed.
It was open from 6 til 10 on a Sunday.
Later on in years ( about 1964) just around the corner, go up Burbank terrace, turn right and just about parallel with Dalglish's on great western road there was another dance place.
Not jiving though, it was called Stewart's.
It had a local regular band called the Mustangs.
They were well above average.
Good memories going to those places?

+Quote Post
tomias
post 25th Oct 2016, 01:19pm
Post #18

Unpacking
Member No.: 31,035
QUOTE (mitchell @ 19th Oct 2016, 04:19am) *
Tomias, yes Dalglish's was in in Burnbank gardens, number 18 I recall.
It was in the basement, and got very crowded indeed.
It was open from 6 til 10 on a Sunday.
Later on in years ( about 1964) just around the corner, go up Burbank terrace, turn right and just about parallel with Dalglish's on great western road there was another dance place.
Not jiving though, it was called Stewart's.
It had a local regular band called the Mustangs.
They were well above average.
Good memories going to those places?

Hi Mitchell (which I assume is a Ref. to the library) Did you frequent Dalglish's yourself? If so what years and what is your name?
Cheers Tommy

+Quote Post
**Andy**
post 10th Nov 2016, 10:45pm
Post #19

QUOTE (wombat @ 5th Oct 2013, 10:00pm) *
wink.gif all bullies are troublemakers heather but I've never met any I would call tough (when yie get them by themselves yes.gif }

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.