Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

73 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where In Glasgow Are You From?, Tell us about your home
Rating 5 V
jannymac
post 29th Jul 2003, 10:18am
Post #16

City Key Holder
Member No.: 48
I too spent some time growing up in Shawlands, and yes I remember the Ice Rink very well, Leons cafe, Waverley cinema and going there on a Saturday morning to the "minors", Im sure it cost 6d to get in, also the Queens Park, and the Embassy and Elephant cinemas.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
james.tc
post 29th Jul 2003, 10:21am
Post #17

Special Visitor
Member No.: 95
born in southern lived drumoyne and paisley road west you dont know any thomsons from preisthill a james thomson? any info would be great thanks james

--------------------
todays gonna be a good day

+Quote Post
dougie777
post 29th Jul 2003, 10:35am
Post #18

Unpacking
Member No.: 102
Grew up in Pollokshaws 1951-1962 moved to Govanhill emigrated to Canada 1969 went to Sir John Maxwells(Wee Pollok) then Shawlands Academy Worked for Shinwells Curzon Shirts in Torrisdale st then the Merchant Navy before moving to Cobourg Ontario Canada smile.gif

+Quote Post
ewanmac
post 29th Jul 2003, 10:40am
Post #19

Visitor
Member No.: 94
Born 50, Golspie Street Govan, moved to corpy house in Cardonald. Married childhood sweetheart 1954 and emigrated to the Land of Oz 1969 with the wife and five bairns.

+Quote Post
jannymac
post 29th Jul 2003, 10:56am
Post #20

City Key Holder
Member No.: 48
born in Pollokshaws, 1953, moved to Shawlands in 1957 and stayed there until 1964, moved to Thornliebank in 1964 and still live near the area.

+Quote Post
Gloria
post 29th Jul 2003, 11:43am
Post #21

Unpacking
Member No.: 89
Born in Kinning Park - Paisley Road West - 1946. Actually I was born in the Southern General. Went to Lambhill St. School both Primary and Secondary. Worked in R.A. Peacock & Sons, Ibrox '61 - '64.
Got married in 1964, moved to England in 1967 - four of my children live in Suffolk, one in London and I moved to Saudi Arabia for work in 1991 - still here. Just bought a flat in Glasgow for my retirement in 2006. Looking forward to coming back to my roots!!
Gloria

+Quote Post
Peter Kelly
post 29th Jul 2003, 11:47am
Post #22

Unpacking
Member No.: 111
Born in Oakbank Hospital and from then on, "lived?" at 23 Airdrie St, Cowcaddens until 1961 when, my life was changed forever.

And to day, I still regret never having had the thrill of experiencing "High tea at La Scala" and, still live in hope that some day, somewhere around this ever shrinking globe, someone reading this note, will have had experienced the exicitment of munching little cakes and scones and sipping tea while sitting at a small round table with a tiny light on it and smugly, watching Qua Vadis on the movie screen. And, when remembering the muffled sound of a tea spoon politely stirring the two lumps of sugar in the tea in a bone china teacup, be willing to share their treasured moment with us.

Let Glasgow Flourish

See ya,

Peter Kelly

+Quote Post
Tumchie
post 29th Jul 2003, 11:55am
Post #23

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 11
Born in the Southern General in 1949. Lived on Burghead Drive until I was four when I moved to Gauldry Avenue in Cardonald. Attended Mosspark Primary and Bellahouston Academy. I remember playing in the cemetry just behind Lourdes convent, also having so much fun running around in the big field. The field is all gone as years ago they built a college there. Also used to play down by the River Cart with ma big brother. Left Glasgow in 1972 for Andalucia where I taught in a bilingual school. Later, moved to Virginia, then back to Spain, then once again moved to the U.S. where I still reside.

+Quote Post
pollok lass
post 29th Jul 2003, 12:02pm
Post #24

Unpacking
Member No.: 110
Hello I am from lyoncross Rd in Pollokcame to Canada 1966.I lived near the 50 bus terminal just down from the shops i worked in Hawkhead Hospital,Ella Harris

+Quote Post
Steak Lorne
post 29th Jul 2003, 12:19pm
Post #25

Visitor
Member No.: 118
>This is your life theme tune<

" Steak Lorne, this is youuuur life !! "

" You where born at an early age .... " laugh.gif

Born in Howat street Govan 1970, moved to Govanhill when i was 6, moved to Toryglen when i was 11, stayed there, left Glasgow at around 27, travelled the world, now living just outside Bristol, in a small coastal town called Weston super Mare

last time i was back "hame" was in April, for my wee girl's 8th Birthday. I do miss the place

--------------------
" Huv you had some 'o that cheecky water ?? some of the bad man juice ? "

+Quote Post
oor mery
post 29th Jul 2003, 02:35pm
Post #26

Unpacking
Member No.: 132
G'day all smile.gif I was born in Castlemilk, Bogany Terrace...lived there until ah was 6. Ah can still remember the bluebell woods at the end of the street...magical smile.gif Moved to Possil (Stoneyhurst Street) in 1963 and left for Australia in '69 when ah was 12. Ah reckon ah'll be in Marvellous Melbourne for eternity noo....and loving it. Have great childhood memories though.... and one day ah'll get off this big island and go back for a visit!!

+Quote Post
betty2
post 29th Jul 2003, 02:49pm
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 56
biggrin.gif An a g'day to you Mary welcome on board I still live in the dear green place (eastend) an luv it tae bits . You'll enjoy on here their the best o tartan
cheers fae glesca betty2

--------------------
still here in glesca

+Quote Post
Archie Millar
post 29th Jul 2003, 06:36pm
Post #28

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 3
Born in the workmans dwellings in Bridgeton--moved to Cowglen Rd Househillwood in 1938-lived next close to Old Coot (Duncan Gibson)-moved to Carnwadric in 1948,then to Colinslie Rd old Pollok when we got married then to Hereford with my firm in 1961

--------------------
am still standin'

--
GG Update:

Sadly Archie passed away in March 2007:

http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8646

GG.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post 29th Jul 2003, 07:39pm
Post #29

Super Resident
Member No.: 27
Born and brought up in Gilshockhill/Maryhill went to a school up there then went toEastpark secondary. Finished my apprentiseship as a electrician got married lived at Kirkland st Maryhill. Went to the army for my national service got demmod, moved to Carradale st in Partick then moved to Ontario/Canada smile.gif

+Quote Post
Shamus
post 29th Jul 2003, 11:00pm
Post #30

Super Visitor
Member No.: 16
Born Penilee 1947,...moved tae Elderpark St Govan in 67 ...on to Priesthill (Muirshiel Cres)...about 1970 ..(but don't quote me)..then moved to my wife's home town Hartlepool,shortly afterwards, hung the monkey and moved to lancashire in 1978..where we are today,our four daughters and eleven grandchildren all live in the same area .... Life is what you make it ..I've had a great time.. wink.gif

+Quote Post

73 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.