Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weather, raging fires
tottie ann
post 16th Feb 2017, 12:07am
Post #1

Visitor
Member No.: 1,953

I hope all is ok with kiwi lass as christchurch is having such a terrible time with fires out of control and several homes have been burnt to the ground It's so ironicle as Auckland has non stop rain for the last 24 hours and thunder storms expected later my heart goes out to all who have lost their home and all their belongings
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 16th Feb 2017, 02:06am
Post #2

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,097
My house is only a few kilometres from the hills and yesterday smoke filled the air above for many hours. The planes have been ferrying monsoon buckets over and over, leaving at regular intervals. Today the easterly wind has changed the direction of the flames, away from hillside homes. However, strong gusty wind changes are forecast, so the situation can change dramatically.

We are hoping for the best. National State of Emergency now declared, with the armed forces helping with the fight.

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga
.............. Hold fast to your culture
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.