Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1454 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
Dave Grieve
post 6th May 2013, 02:49pm
Post #211

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
Reading about the threat to stop us using the Pound after independence, why not preempt this by changing the currency to the Scots Dollar, that would really get up their noses in london thumbup.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 6th May 2013, 05:06pm
Post #212

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 6th May 2013, 03:06pm) *
Reading about the threat to stop us using the Pound after independence, why not preempt this by changing the currency to the Scots Dollar, that would really get up their noses in london thumbup.gif

That's all it is Dave, a threat, nothing more, the Pound Sterling is as much our currency as it is England's, the same goes for the Bank of England despite the name.

Although i'm with Denis Canavan on the currency issue (our own currency) i don't mind us using Sterling in the short term until we establish our own currency.

+Quote Post
farrochie
post 6th May 2013, 09:33pm
Post #213

Super Resident
Member No.: 13,201
Thanks for providing wee davy wi the info, JAGZ.

I think there will be a lot of negotiations needed. Jobs galore for constitutional and contract lawyers by the looks of it.

Rockall already belongs to Scotland too and is assigned to Invernesshire smile.gif

[Rockall Act 1972]

+Quote Post
wombat
post 6th May 2013, 10:01pm
Post #214

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
smile.gif thx fer that info farrochie,

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th May 2013, 08:54am
Post #215

Mega City Key Holder
The unacceptable face of British Nationalism.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...race-storm.html

To accuse your opponents of what you are guilty of yourself really is the lowest of the low.

Don't give this smug racist weasel his dream of 100 years of Tory rule.

Vote YES next year thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 8th May 2013, 09:37am
Post #216

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

I hate it that anyone who uses the 'P' is smeared as a racist, it is an abbreviation as much as Scot. Brit or Aussie. Actions should be criminal not words.

As to that twitter post, it pisses me off more that that idiot is somehow linking an Independant country to pogroms or expulsions of peoples. These cretins that populate the 'No' campaign are given free reign to brand independence supporters everything from pol pot to mugabe to Mussolini, yet if a 'Cybernat' misplaces a comma all hell breaks loose on their ranks...

There should be T-shirts available then i could wear it with pride, some though would probably be offended and complain to the the police.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th May 2013, 10:15am
Post #217

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 8th May 2013, 09:54am) *
I hate it that anyone who uses the 'P' is smeared as a racist, it is an abbreviation as much as Scot. Brit or Aussie. Actions should be criminal not words.

I don't disagree on that point John, but this moron is trying to imply that after independence the people of Scotland will become racist and turn on Pakistani's and Pole's etc, and to compare supporters of the YES campaign to members of the KKK is ignorance of the highest order, from a supporter of a regime who want more and more to remove and isolate the UK from the rest of Europe.

How ironic.

+Quote Post
DavidT
post 8th May 2013, 10:48am
Post #218

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,194
laugh.gif Jack McConnell (52 laugh.gif ) thinks cyber "jocks" should "get a life" and "grow up".
Ya big lassie McConnell laugh.gif

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 8th May 2013, 10:55am
Post #219

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
here´s an interesting article:-

http://www.businessforscotland.co.uk/how-s...omy-went-south/

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 8th May 2013, 11:38am
Post #220

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
A wee bit of light relief:-

https://www.facebook.com/TheUllapoolNews?hc_location=stream

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 8th May 2013, 11:39am
Post #221

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 8th May 2013, 10:32am) *
I don't disagree on that point John, but this moron is trying to imply that after independence the people of Scotland will become racist and turn on Pakistani's and Pole's etc, and to compare supporters of the YES campaign to members of the KKK is ignorance of the highest order, from a supporter of a regime who want more and more to remove and isolate the UK from the rest of Europe.

How ironic.

I dont think it's ignorance at all, i think this 'labeling' is done on purpose because they know that if a lie is repeated enough people accept it as the truth, mmm wonder where they got that idea from wink.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
farrochie
post 8th May 2013, 03:18pm
Post #222

Super Resident
Member No.: 13,201
Smart won't apologise, blames the SNP, claims that if we become independent and economy does not work well, we, the people of Scotland, will "turn on" minorities. This clown is playing a race card in the independence debate.

"There is a worry" he says. Well I have never heard this "worry". Who are "these people" that he refers to that are going to turn on others.

Watch him defend himself here (after the grey hair advert).

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/224429-ian-sma...alist-comments/

+Quote Post
wee davy
post 8th May 2013, 05:45pm
Post #223

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,956
This little pearler were snuck in halfway through the queen's speech today, but it does'nt appear in any of the 'FULL' written reports (I've only checked the BBC/Telegraph/Guardian or anywhere in the Scottish media - yet.

Queens Speech "my government will continue to make the case for Scotland to remain part of the United Kingdom"

Will somebody tell the NO campaign?
Then will someone have the decency to tell the people who matter? The Scottish People. Who can then finally engage in some meaningful dialogue?

I had to listen to it over again on video, to make sure of my facts. Its exactly six minutes in - for those of you who may be interested.

(continue to make the case??? shouldn't it be 'my governments will to do everything to explore the question of Independence for Scotland??)

--------------------
adversus solem ne loquitor

+Quote Post
wee davy
post 8th May 2013, 05:58pm
Post #224

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,956
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 8th May 2013, 09:54am) *

If anybody's making these, put me down for 2 XXL's

--------------------
adversus solem ne loquitor

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th May 2013, 06:56pm
Post #225

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (wee davy @ 8th May 2013, 06:02pm) *
This little pearler were snuck in halfway through the queen's speech today, but it does'nt appear in any of the 'FULL' written reports (I've only checked the BBC/Telegraph/Guardian or anywhere in the Scottish media - yet.

(continue to make the case??? shouldn't it be 'my governments will to do everything to explore the question of Independence for Scotland??)

Yes WD the tea time BBC in Scotland Misreporting Scotland had a 5 minute report on it (even though it only took a couple of seconds for Liz to announce it) but credit to the English BEEB Westminster reporter who repeatedly tried to quell Jackie Birds hysteria by reminding her that the speech was written by the UK government themselves.

As most of us in the YES campaign expected no mention whatsoever on the Ian Smart story, after a week of wall to wall coverage of the Susan Calman (someone who is pro independence may have sent her a death threat that no one has actually seen) circus they must be all tired out.

+Quote Post

1454 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th Jan 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.