Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Join Glasgow Born Author Murdo Morrison In An Online Q&a Session, Murdo Morrison answers questions about his novel Roses of Winter, set
Murdo
post 26th Nov 2011, 05:48pm
Post #1

Visitor
Member No.: 4,669
My novel Roses of Winter is set in World War 2 Glasgow. I will taking part in a Meet the Author Q&A session at Goodreads.com on December 2nd and 3rd. You can find it at http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/58815...._Murdo_Morrison. I will be answering questions posted online over the two days. I hope you will stop by.

A little bit about me: I was born in Glasgow and spent my early years in a room and kitchen in a tenement in Scotstoun similar to the one inhabited by the McIntyre family in Roses of Winter. My family has many links to shipyards, shipbuilding and the Merchant Navy. The adventures of Donald McIntyre and Charlie Burns in Roses of Winter are based to some extent on the real-life wartime service of his father and maternal grandfather. My paternal grandfather served in World War 1 and later worked for Glasgow Corporation Transport. My father Donald worked at Yarrow's shipyard in Scotstoun for over 30 years after the war.

For more information about Roses of Winter go to http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12009839-roses-of-winter.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.