Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glasgow Noir Fiction, crime novels set in Glasgow
0141black
post 30th Sep 2011, 12:18pm
Post #1

Visitor
Member No.: 11,825
I don't know if the tag "Glasgow Memories" is entirely appropriate, but readers might like to check out my own crime fiction novels (website, etc. in the signature below).

The books certainly feature a good deal of reflection on the city, its people and what has been lost, but they are definitely light on nostalgia and sentiment...

all the best,

John

--------------------
website - facebook - (please "like) - twitter - @glasgownoir
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Alasdair*
post 8th May 2013, 06:57pm
Post #2

This seemed an appropriate place to share news of the publication of my first novel, The Unfaithful Seven, a comedy crime caper set in Glasgow.

Available as an e-book for Kindle on Amazon, The Unfaithful Seven’s plot mixes bribery and corruption, crooked councillors, dodgy property developers and shady underworld club owners with the biggest pub crawl ever put on page.

An unashamedly entertaining piece of escapism, The Unfaithful Seven focuses on half a million pounds of bribe money that club owner and property developer Louis Cameron has paid to corrupt planning chief Steve McDonald at a fixed game of poker match in the city.

When Steve McDonald is found dead, hanging from a railing in his plush city centre apartment, and when Louis discovers his latest proposal was passed on merit alone he challenges the fellow game of poker players in that last final fixed game to retrieve his money.

I wanted to write something that I would enjoy taking on holiday, and I liked the idea of an ensemble piece with a cast of different characters all clashing over a common goal.

Led by hapless Quinnie, his best friend Ratner and journalist Ashley they find themselves on a collision course with demolitions expert Bannie and River Clyde development chief Jack. When Louis’ once trusted henchman Malkie swings into the frame things take an unexpected turn.
What’s readers might also enjoy is picking out the local Glasgow settings which are all based on real places, especially the city’s less salubrious watering holes.

The pub stories in the book are all genuine, even the more outlandish one about the snake, but to say any more would be to give away the punchline.

The Unfaithful Seven is on a free promotion until 12 May 2013; after that it’s still a bargain at only 99p.

Buy it here: http://amzn.to/YVmOTa
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.