Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Beautiful Game, Made In Scotland
Isobel
post 14th Jun 2004, 12:17pm
Post #61

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 33
Well Ian I guess your right .It was just wishful thinking on my part.

--------------------
From Glasgow now in Canada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hubert
post 15th Jun 2004, 12:39am
Post #62

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 31
I just came across a warning bulletin on the internet, it said that there is a flood warning alert last night in Scotland, they said this morning that the Scottish people would be pishing themselves after hearing the England/France football score? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 15th Jun 2004, 10:50pm
Post #63

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 22
See the hooligan element in the English fan base are living up to expectations,causing trouble again.

--------------------
" If during a lifetime ,you bring happiness and pleasure to just one person ,then your time on earth has been worthwhile indeed ! " Jimmyd

+Quote Post
whyteinch
post 16th Jun 2004, 07:03am
Post #64

Special Visitor
Member No.: 43
A trendy customer visiting Asda's Govan branch this week impressed all with his T-shirt bearing the proud legend: "Scotland Unbeaten in Euro 2004."

--------------------
whyteinch

+Quote Post
big al
post 16th Jun 2004, 01:03pm
Post #65

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 42
I think I'd rather that we were in Portugal taking part in Euro 2004 than wearing funny t- shirts because we weren't .....

When you look at some of the stuff we've seen so far Scotland could not have done worse than some of the much vaunted favourites

What about Larsen though - still the tops isn't he?

--------------------
That'll be the day........

+Quote Post
hubert
post 18th Jun 2004, 04:12pm
Post #66

Mega City Key Holder
I tried to post in the Old Firm thread, but apparently you cant post twice in a row in a thread, so be it?
Anyhoo I watched the Croatia 2 France 2 game on TV yesterday, and saw Rangers new signing Prso score Croatias second goal, it was a gift by a French defender who tried to clear the ball and missed it, I believe Prso was probably more surprised than those watching the game, although he certainly took advantage and thumped it home.
I watched Prso closely during the game and he is a bit clumsy, certainly not fleet of foot, noo am no saying he stumbles aboot, and is fitless, however he is good enough for the SPL, but how he manages to get a game in the Croatian national team, and is playing in the 2004 Euro Nations Cup is beyond me? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
leeninaus
post 20th Jun 2004, 11:08am
Post #67

City Key Holder
Member No.: 191
OK, so I may sound like the air head bimbo here ( & I am a rugger person anyway) BUT, what I can't understand is, like years gone by, a lot of the best ENGLISH league players were Scots !! AND there are still a few of them about these days !!!!
Is it that these young soccer players have it too easy ? are they too namby pamby to go the full hog ???
The South American youngsters play with full gusto, as do the African & Eastern European countries... the third world countries though may not enter World Class status, to me, provide an exciting game !! I would love to see, like these countries, Scotland providing kids from impoferished backgrounds, with a true love of Soccer as in days gone by, getting out there and playing not for monitary gains BUT to win for SCOTLAND !!!

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 20th Jun 2004, 03:55pm
Post #68

Mega City Key Holder
Oh very well said Leeninaus. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Melody
post 24th Jun 2004, 06:35pm
Post #69

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
With apologies to Leen....the English have just scored against Portugal......ho hum.....come on the Portugese!!!

+Quote Post
carmella
post 24th Jun 2004, 09:50pm
Post #70

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
Well the England -v- Portugal game is now over with England out of Euro 2004.

First half England scored very early on, the goal by Owen just after 2 minutes, then in the second half the second goal was delivered by Lampard.

2-1 lead until Portugal equalized. However, it had to go to extra time, then again it had go to penalties England got 5 Portugal got 6.
After 26 minutes teenage striker Wayne Rooney had to be taken off after he broke a bone in his foot.

I thought it was a good game I enjoyed it, have to say. And, well at the end of the day the best team won.

That's footie for you - ya never can tell! ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by carmella: 25th Jun 2004, 12:17am

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 25th Jun 2004, 01:38am
Post #71

Mega City Key Holder
Well I thought it was a great game ,quite exciting to watch. To bad Rooney was injured so early in the game. I think that made quite a difference.I thought Becham was just awful,did the same thing against France. However in the end the best team won.My daughters future in-laws are from Portugal so I guess we will be supporting them now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
leeninaus
post 27th Jun 2004, 02:41pm
Post #72

City Key Holder
Member No.: 191
YAHOO I won $100 cos I bet for Greece... I thought I had seen the last of my $5 but had to do it cos i hate those froggies to pieces !! I am NOT racist BUT the best thing about frogs are the legs... preferably sauted in garlic & grilled !!

+Quote Post
carmella
post 28th Jun 2004, 05:30pm
Post #73

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
Henrik Larsson.......

Barcelona are stepping up their pursuit of Henrik Larsson, according to the prolific Swedish striker's agent.
Rob Jansen told newspaper Aftonbladet: "There is certainly interest and Henrik is obviously glad and flattered. I am travelling to Spain for a meeting."

Larsson, in fine form for Sweden at Euro 2004, wants to play in Spain.

He denied on Thursday that he had already agreed a two-year deal with Barca, but said: "However, it would be great if it were true."

Larsson is available on a free transfer from Scottish champions Celtic where he played for seven years, scoring 242 goals in 315 appearances.

The 32-year-old has put himself in the shop window after coming out of international retirement to play for Sweden this summer.

He netted three goals in Sweden's three group games, to help the Scandinavians qualify for the last eight.

Barca are expected to offload Dutch forward Patrick Kluivert this summer and need to replace him.

This according to the latest info from the BBC.....

Good Luck to the wee fella.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/3805013.stm

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
iancameron
post 28th Jun 2004, 06:11pm
Post #74

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 463
Cant see why Barcelona would want Larssen, he had his best time at celtic, but I would be willing to bet a months wages that if he goes to Barca he wont score many goals, nor will they keep him for too long.

+Quote Post
hubert
post 29th Jun 2004, 01:26am
Post #75

Mega City Key Holder
It does appear there is a strong possibility he will sign for Barca, but myself the fact that he is gone from Celtic, it really doesnt matter to me who he signs for, unfortunately it wont be Celtic!
He is world class, and has goals in him, for the upcoming season, in regards to any number of goals in the Spanish league I would be willing to bet his ratio will be as good as any other striker in the Spanish league.
And I will add he is a verygood assist player for others to score, works very hard, is as fit as a fiddle, and for his short stature is great in the air.
Sorry Ian your post didny really say a helluva lot!

This post has been edited by hubert: 29th Jun 2004, 01:45am

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.