Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

25 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is The Union Already Lost?, Referendum: 18th September 2014
Betsy2009
post 6th Jan 2014, 06:35pm
Post #121

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
Angel, I am really surprised at the shortage of disabled people in work if you haven't seen it before. There are lots and lots of working disabled people. I've worked with many of them from physical disabilities, including deaf and blind, to mental health disabilities.
In many cases the word 'disability' can be misleading. It means that they have some sort of problem rather than not always being 'able' to get on with life, including working.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angel
post 6th Jan 2014, 07:17pm
Post #122

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 6th Jan 2014, 05:52pm) *
Angel, I am really surprised at the shortage of disabled people in work if you haven't seen it before. There are lots and lots of working disabled people. I've worked with many of them from physical disabilities, including deaf and blind, to mental health disabilities.
In many cases the word 'disability' can be misleading. It means that they have some sort of problem rather than not always being 'able' to get on with life, including working.

Betsy , most of the disabled people that you mention are in government sponored work shops / places , and I probably have seen a lot more of them than yourself .

However I do think that you know exactly what I mean when I posted about that man in the supermarket yes.gif ....He is a person who really wants to work because he believes that he is capable and fit enough to go out into the work force and earn his money , which gives him a lot more freedom than living off the taxpayer , " also pride of self " that's so very important , not like some able bodied people , who will and have spent their life on welfare .

Once again my opinion based on observation . and experience .

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 6th Jan 2014, 07:38pm
Post #123

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Where are the topic polis? tongue.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Jan 2014, 07:56pm
Post #124

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (Dylan @ 6th Jan 2014, 06:12pm) *
Salmond did not say he could not afford Child Care today.

On the contrary, he said he could but would not, because many Mothers would get work, pay tax which would go

to Westminster..

Link?

I found
“Under independence, that money would stay in Scotland to help to pay for the expansion of childcare on a sustainable basis.

“A rise in the number of women in work of just two per cent would boost tax revenues by £200million.

“If the rate reached Swedish levels – a six per cent rise – revenues would increase by £700million.”

i read that as without the exta tax income it would be unsustainable.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 6th Jan 2014, 08:01pm
Post #125

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Dylan @ 6th Jan 2014, 06:15pm) *
A malcontent, tailor made for the SNP. tongue.gif

Yes, there are a lot of malcontent Labour supporters coming round to the fact that we are not better together, make sure you don't miss the boat tongue.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 6th Jan 2014, 08:07pm
Post #126

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dylan @ 6th Jan 2014, 06:12pm) *
Salmond did not say he could not afford Child Care today.

On the contrary, he said he could but would not, because many Mothers would get work, pay tax which would go

to Westminster..

His words his reasoning.

How mean and shows the measure of the man.

He does not care for the people of Scotland, only himself and his ambition to be King of Scotland.

His last Junket to America cost about £500,000 . £54,000 still unaccounted for.????

He lived like a King . biggrin.gif

Same question to you Dylan that i asked George and Betsy, which services budget would you cut to pay for childcare.

What was his last US junket and what is the £54,000 still unaccounted for?

I hope you are not pulling our legs again.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Jan 2014, 09:22pm
Post #127

Mega City Key Holder
This would involve the expenses accrued during the Ryder cup visit to Chicago in 2012. SG policy is to shred any paperwork not in the publics interest after 3 months, Labour wait till 2013 to put in a FOI request then throw a wobbly when there is no breakdown as to what was spent. Not like them to wait so long so makes me think they knew about the shredding and waited to make a story, why it has been recycled now is down to Paul Martin MSP , though as the son of disgraced Michael Martin...well you can google for expenses scandals.

As to the trip itself, if it generates money for Scotland i'm all for them.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 6th Jan 2014, 09:52pm
Post #128

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
Not to worry, duplicate credit card and bank statements have been applied for and an answer will be given.

Salmond could save the time by telling us what he did with the missing £55,000. However he assumes that as per normal it will all go away and he will get away with it.

Not this time.!

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 6th Jan 2014, 09:54pm
Post #129

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 6th Jan 2014, 08:24pm) *
Same question to you Dylan that i asked George and Betsy, which services budget would you cut to pay for childcare.

What was his last US junket and what is the £54,000 still unaccounted for?

I hope you are not pulling our legs again.

No cuts required, Salmond said he could do it.

You would need to ask him how.!!

Just part of his old " Nae Bother " attitude.

It will be all right on the night, what a trooper. biggrin.gif

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Jan 2014, 10:13pm
Post #130

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dylan @ 6th Jan 2014, 10:11pm) *

You would need to ask him how.!!

Just part of his old " Nae Bother " attitude.

It will be all right on the night, what a trooper. biggrin.gif

Link please!

Saying the SG has the powers and actually having the money to do it are two different things. The tax income generated and benefits saved from the policy would go a long way to pay for it, savings from not having a big willy to wave about nuclear deterrent would fill the gap. its simple Dylan you are just sticking your fingers in your ears shouting lalalalalalala.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Jan 2014, 10:21pm
Post #131

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dylan @ 6th Jan 2014, 10:09pm) *
Not to worry, duplicate credit card and bank statements have been applied for and an answer will be given.

Salmond could save the time by telling us what he did with the missing £55,000. However he assumes that as per normal it will all go away and he will get away with it.

Not this time.!

Why would you assume Salmond micro manages everything, do you think he knows who drunk or ate whatever during that trip, do you think he knows how much the taxi or limos costs. Was he the sole person with a SG credit card or did every wee bill have to be passed to him for his OK. Of course these bills should be scrutinised but why on earth did the Labour party wait so long to ask for the records, when most FOI requests come from them costing a bloody fortune i cant help but think this is intentional..

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 6th Jan 2014, 10:37pm
Post #132

Mega City Key Holder
Ah, that old Chestnut, the FM attends the Ryder cup as the head of the SG who will host the next event and this is a junket?

The FM represented Scotland at the event and was present at the opening and closing ceremony and accepted the ceremonial silver putter marking the handover from Chicago to Gleneagles in 2014, the First Minister also attended a series of key business and promotional engagements during his visit as did other members of the party.

What the detractors forget is he was joined by representatives from VisitScotland and Scottish Enterprise in order to promote Scottish businesses, culture, tourism and golf, and while Dylan is correct the trip cost just under £500,000 what he forgets or doesn't want to admit is the trip has to date injected over £100million in orders and tourism into the Scottish economy

The hypocrisy of Labour supporters is unbelievable as Jack McConnell when he was FM and his Holyrood Labour government spent more than that on Tartan Day trips to New York during each one of their last three years in office, he was happy to splash out on treating himself and other ministers to taxpayer-funded trips, would you call those trips junkets Dylan?

In 2006 the cost to send Jack McConnell and friends to the celebrations in New York was £700,000, over £200,000 more and six years before Alex Salmonds trip, what would that work out in today's money when you factor in inflation Dylan?

I don't think you would expect your unionist poster boy David Cameron to pay for his foreign visits, why should the FM?

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 6th Jan 2014, 10:41pm
Post #133

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dylan @ 6th Jan 2014, 10:11pm) *

No he hasn't, you've just made that up.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 6th Jan 2014, 10:49pm
Post #134

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Dearie me, Jagz. Still trying to use facts and logic with someone who has not reached the age of reason ? unsure.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Jan 2014, 11:03pm
Post #135

Mega City Key Holder
Maybe Dylan would prefer it if Scotland was promoted by sending bags of 'Peat Reek' around the world to save money,though it probably wouldn't make any money as it's innovator Angus Og found out.

bet that brings back memories biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th Jan 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.