Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Living Room Pictures, excluding those of family & friends.
peter-f
post 10th Jul 2009, 07:48pm
Post #16

Resident
Member No.: 3,035
a print of Maryhill lochs near the butney, and adrawing that a cousin did of the old burgh halls near the old baths and gairbraid church. thats it ane money for any mere.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anne1
post 10th Jul 2009, 09:17pm
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,001
Same here Peter I have a large print of the the basin at the Butney Maryhill also showing the Maryhill Rd where I can see my Grans house and that of my friends when we were young[I had to watch it when your sister visited cos she liked it]
Also have an Oil Portrait of four of my grandchildren, and two pictures of the African scenes which I like smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
ANNWAN

+Quote Post
Tam blair
post 10th Jul 2009, 09:18pm
Post #18

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,005
A painting of a tram car heading north on Maryhill road. Painted by an artist friend of mine who was born in Maryhill. It's a snow scene at night.

--------------------
Ozzie down under

+Quote Post
Java
post 11th Jul 2009, 07:17am
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,211
Aw, see ye learn somethin' new every day on here. Elma, ah've jist looked up Benjamin Chee Chee (the name intrigued me laugh.gif)... what a talent...ah'm gonna look out for some of his stuff biggrin.gif

--------------------
A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails...

+Quote Post
RonD
post 11th Jul 2009, 08:59am
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,783
A self portrait of my mother in law done in the 40's, print of wine bottles still live, wood inlay of a house in Estonia, a beautiful print of a watercolour of a pair of horses, pulling a plough with the ploughman behind , it's set in the morning since its misty in the background and you can see the horses' breath. I bought it at our highland games from one of the vendors a few years ago.

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 11th Jul 2009, 11:11am
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Followed your lead Java. The "Swallows" were brilliant.

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
tombro
post 11th Jul 2009, 12:01pm
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,289
Dad won this Charcoal Drawing of a Clyde Ferry in the mid-1950's and it has taken pride of place on our various lounge room walls in both Drumchapel, Glasgow and New South Wales, Australia, ever since.

Tombro smile.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Today is the first day of the rest of your life !

+Quote Post
27stowst
post 11th Jul 2009, 12:25pm
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,716
That's brilliant Tombro, yer very ain family heirloom. Have ye ever looked the artist up?? He may very well have done a lot of the old Glasgow scenes. smile.gif

--------------------
Slainte Mhor

+Quote Post
Lennox
post 11th Jul 2009, 03:58pm
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,288
QUOTE (peter-f @ 10th Jul 2009, 07:42pm) *
a print of Maryhill lochs near the butney, and adrawing that a cousin did of the old burgh halls near the old baths and gairbraid church. thats it ane money for any mere.

I think you got them both from me. laugh.gif

I have two 14x 20 prints of London Bridge and one of a kind Of Oklahoma City at night and a night time view of London bridge one day I am going to get a Steven Conroy self drawing but I still need to save a lot more.. biggrin.gif

--------------------

You don't have to live next door, to be a friend !

+Quote Post
Elma
post 11th Jul 2009, 05:33pm
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
From: Originally Annan with a wee bit of Glasgow in between now Kimberley, B.C.
Member No.: 1,650
Java, I love my print, it is "Autum Flight" which is his best know one I think. I have been trying to find "Wait for Me" but haven't had any success yet.

+Quote Post
lindamac
post 11th Jul 2009, 06:12pm
Post #26

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,807
This is a wonderful topic Dugald what a delightful time Ive had imagining everyones pictures portraits etc in my mindseye. I have an open planned home so one can see straight through from my hallway entrance to the dining lounge & kitchen areas so I will begin at my front door as you walk through it you will find 3 canvases of Queenslands Gold coast beaches ocean & dunes In my bathroom theres a picture of an Indian man going up river to market in his narrow boat filled with incredible coloured flowers of reds golds greens pinks & many other incredible colours also I have a Claude Monet reproduction print of a beach where theres rowboats anchored & people sunbathing.

My Dining room has a huge Print of south Africas Victoria Falls[a lot of folk initialy think it is Niagra falls but it isn't] In the Lounge area I have 3 modern Fantasy art spray paintings set into good sturdy frames,all of which have depictions of the darkness of space, contrasts of the milkyway & several of the planets floating around. Sarounding the main planet on each of them theres some sort of waterfall bursting from a craggy edged wall or cliff like edge,all of them depict in some way, space ,water& some of the planets, all in various colours of my own choice since I commissioned the artist to do them for me as Birthday & christmas gifts from my parents brother & Husband ,all are painted by a well known Brisbane fantasy artist named Koz.

In my Kitchen is a treasured wee picture of my beloved birthplace Springburn gifted tae me frae oor ain Annewann,aye she made me greet & tae this day ah huv a wee greet when ah stop tae ponder springburn ,wilst alone I let the memories & tears flood at once I call it my healing Picture.

In my bedroom there are two 5 foot wide 2 foot deep canvases of The Gold coast ocean & the surf beach named Broadbeach,a favourite place where Neil & I love to go regularly & live quite near to it too.I see it won't take a rocket scientist to read into my pictures laugh.gif Clearly I adore the beach & also enjoy waterfalls & the beutys of outerspace & the planets. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Ye Cin Take The Lassie Oota Glesga But Ye Cannae Take Glesga Oota The Lassie

+Quote Post
27stowst
post 12th Jul 2009, 01:57am
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,716
This time next year it will be portraits of your beautiful Grandwean!! wink.gif

--------------------
Slainte Mhor

+Quote Post
lindamac
post 12th Jul 2009, 06:14am
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,807
laugh.gif Aye yer not wrong on that yin Stow st ahm looking forward tae it tae. wub.gif

--------------------
Ye Cin Take The Lassie Oota Glesga But Ye Cannae Take Glesga Oota The Lassie

+Quote Post
penny dainty
post 12th Jul 2009, 06:18am
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,591
A huge picture of Whitehaven beach in the Whitsundays, white sand , blue ocean and nothing else for miles.Been there and actually walked on the same beach , amazing.

--------------------
Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

+Quote Post
joycewilson
post 12th Jul 2009, 10:16pm
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,109
Attached Image
My son bought me a lovely Glasgow Clydeside pic for the living room not up yet, I usually just have all family pics...will try and put it here...lol see me in the back ground lol

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.