Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1465 Pages V  « < 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
Dykejumper
post 17th Dec 2019, 06:55pm
Post #21721

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
If Wee Eck had told us in 2014 that the perfidious English had denied Edinburgh a subway
network I would have voted 'yes'

p.s. As for Mr Sloman,among his many areas of expertise is
Pedagogical Technologies, John Swinney should get him back to Scotland tout suite.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 17th Dec 2019, 07:12pm
Post #21722

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
https://macalbasite.wordpress.com/2019/12/1...Nl-DE_FgD4LhgtM

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 17th Dec 2019, 07:33pm
Post #21723

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 17th Dec 2019, 03:28pm) *
Another self exiled loudmouth. Come back here to live then you can open your mouth.

Danny

Strange, you don't seem have a problem with some who have left these shores who express their opinions on here, is it only those who agree with you that should be allowed to post then Danny? wub.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 17th Dec 2019, 09:45pm
Post #21724

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 17th Dec 2019, 07:33pm) *
Strange, you don't seem have a problem with some who have left these shores who express their opinions on here, is it only those who agree with you that should be allowed to post then Danny? :wub:

Jagz, it is a bit late, but how about growing up. I have no objections to any person who was once a Scottish citizen, expressing their opinions of what is happening in the UK, and Scotland. The three Amigos don’t express their own opinions. The clown Wombat is an embarrassment, and Bilbo is like you. You can not express an opinion. You search time and time again for links which you think will advance your case for Independence and EU membership.

Bilbo’s latest post is an affront to the people of Scotland.

Now we are going to be subjected to propaganda from your professional blogger pal, Caltonjock.
He reminds me of Lord Hawhaw who used to broadcast propaganda on behalf of the Nazis.
If you and Bilbo depend on someone like him to justify Scotland’s Independence, then God help us all.

And therein lies the problem for people like me. Public meetings are a thing of the past. So we get subjected to the ranting derived from Social Media.

The last Public meeting I went to, was when Tony Blair was in power. There was a local meeting held because Labour was supporting the proposed closure of the Accident & Emergency unit in Monklands hospital, and its transfer to Hairmyres hospital in East Kilbride.

I went on the protest march against that closure, led by Alex Neil of the SNP. A public meeting was held, and Adam Ingram, Labour MP stood up, and said we shouldn’t let our emotions get the better of us. He was told in no uncertain manner where he should go.

Funny, now that the SNP are in power, there is some doubt regarding Monklands future. Of course there will be no public meetings. It’s Social Media and the likes of Caltonjock that have taken over.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 17th Dec 2019, 10:20pm
Post #21725

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 17th Dec 2019, 09:45pm) *
Jagz, it is a bit late, but how about growing up. I have no objections to any person who was once a Scottish citizen, expressing their opinions

You can not express an opinion. You search time and time again for links which you think will advance your case for Independence and EU membership.

Bilbo’s latest post is an affront to the people of Scotland.

Now we are going to be subjected to propaganda from your professional blogger pal, Caltonjock.
He reminds me of Lord Hawhaw who used to broadcast propaganda on behalf of the Nazis.
Danny

You're saying to me, "how about growing up" when you just said to another member, "Another self exiled loudmouth. Come back here to live then you can open your mouth", and you think you have the high ground on maturity?

I do express my own opinions and i also use useful links to draw attention to things that will be ignored by the MSM, at least i will enter into debates and answer questions whereas you ignore direct questions preferring to go on self important rants that have little or nothing to do with the topic.

Can you explain why you thought Bilbo's post is "an affront to the people of Scotland", i wasn't affronted, and what gives you the right to talk for the people of Scotland?

Why do you assume that people who hold a different opinion to you are automatically my pals?

Since you've brought up Caltonjocks blog perhaps you can give a couple of examples of the "propaganda" he's subjected you to, after all, if it is propaganda then a clever man like you should have no problem exposing the biased or misleading comments?

I know, i've wasted my time, you won't answer any of those questions. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 17th Dec 2019, 11:17pm
Post #21726

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271

Re Glasgow's underground network, not long ago there was a lecture in Hillhead Library about its history,its the 3rd oldest network in the world and considering Glasgow is a relatively small city
its something we can be proud of.Since it opened way back in 1896 there have been many proposals
to extend it,all have came to nothing,below is the conclusion of the latest.The Clockwork Orange
is never going to get bigger.

'However, with costs calculated as high as £5.5 billion for a single route extension and up to £10 billion for an entire network including rebuilding the existing system to standard track gauge and tunnel size. Further work concluded that alternative transport options, for example bus rapid transit, represented a more appropriate and affordable transport solution.'

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 18th Dec 2019, 08:30am
Post #21727

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 17th Dec 2019, 10:20pm) *
You're saying to me, "how about growing up" when you just said to another member, "Another self exiled loudmouth. Come back here to live then you can open your mouth", and you think you have the high ground on maturity?

I do express my own opinions and i also use useful links to draw attention to things that will be ignored by the MSM, at least i will enter into debates and answer questions whereas you ignore direct questions preferring to go on self important rants that have little or nothing to do with the topic.

Can you explain why you thought Bilbo's post is "an affront to the people of Scotland", i wasn't affronted, and what gives you the right to talk for the people of Scotland?

Why do you assume that people who hold a different opinion to you are automatically my pals?

Since you've brought up Caltonjocks blog perhaps you can give a couple of examples of the "propaganda" he's subjected you to, after all, if it is propaganda then a clever man like you should have no problem exposing the biased or misleading comments?

I know, i've wasted my time, you won't answer any of those questions. wink.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 18th Dec 2019, 08:44am
Post #21728

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 17th Dec 2019, 10:20pm) *

I know, i've wasted my time, you won't answer any of those questions. ;)

Jagz it is a waste of time trying to have a discussion with you Your response regarding Caltonjock sums you up.if you can’t see that all he does is write propaganda, then you are wearing blinkers.
This forum is supposed to be for people to express their views, sometimes using links. You don’t express views. Most of your posts are childish comments about other contributors who don’t go along with the three Amigos.

You don’t need to be a clever person to see what Caltonjock is. I don’t need to expose him.Other people on this forum must be aware of what he is up to. In plain English he is trying to brain wash us.
Perhaps I have hit on the reason you support him. You haven’t got a brain. There is no need for him to contribute to this forum. If he does continue, then this forum will fold.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 18th Dec 2019, 10:06am
Post #21729

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 18th Dec 2019, 08:44am) *
Jagz it is a waste of time trying to have a discussion with you

You don’t need to be a clever person to see what Caltonjock is. I don’t need to expose him.Other people on this forum must be aware of what he is up to. In plain English he is trying to brain wash us.
Perhaps I have hit on the reason you support him. You haven’t got a brain. There is no need for him to contribute to this forum. If he does continue, then this forum will fold.

Danny

It is a discussion board yet you don't want to discuss anything, you just want to preach.

"Perhaps I have hit on the reason you support him. You haven’t got a brain"

And there we have it yet again, anybody who doesn't agree with you get's insults thrown at them, just remind me again which one of us should grow up?

Why should this forum fold because you don't like people having a different opinion from you?

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 18th Dec 2019, 10:16am
Post #21730

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 18th Dec 2019, 10:06am) *
It is a discussion board yet you don't want to discuss anything, you just want to preach.

"Perhaps I have hit on the reason you support him. You haven’t got a brain"

And there we have it yet again, anybody who doesn't agree with you get's insults thrown at them, just remind me again which one of us should grow up?

Why should this forum fold because you don't like people having a different opinion from you?

Jagz, I have no comment to make. Just a shake of the head.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 18th Dec 2019, 06:56pm
Post #21731

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 18th Dec 2019, 10:16am) *
Jagz, I have no comment to make. Just a shake of the head.

Danny

As is your right, though i do the same reading your posts Danny.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 20th Dec 2019, 10:22am
Post #21732

Mega City Key Holder
According to a news report, Nicola Sturgeon is on a salary of £157,000 per year. I think she should be reminded that this salary is for being the First Minister of Scotland. If she wants to conduct a full time campaign for Scotland’s Independence, she should be reminded that there are other issues that require to be attended to. The Scottish Parliament was not set up to be the SNP headquarters.

She is a clever operator. No question about that. She is confident and in my opinion she is one of the most articulate politicians currently active.

With that in mind, she knows she is being deliberately obstructive regarding the issue of the UK leaving the EU. It is impossible to deal with the UK leaving the EU, and the issue of Scotland’s Independence at the same time.

She may find this attitude will backfire on her, because if she continues with this objective, she will throw the whole of the UK into utter chaos. Catalonia will seem like a picnic compared to what will happen if she proceeds to go down the path she has chosen.

Danny

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 20th Dec 2019, 11:47am
Post #21733

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Danny, you really are an enigma. You say you voted for independence but you don’t want the party (whose manifesto makes it clear what it stands for and got a huge increase in vote share in the last election) not to pursue it. Did you have a problem with the Tories doing the same thing with Brexit over the last 4 years?

Meanwhile, anyone with an opinion or sharing facts is dishing out propaganda according to you. The only opinion you seem to value is your own and the only truth appears to be yours. Perhaps you can share your source of this unimpeachable information so we can all benefit? Also, if you don’t mind me asking, is there anything in this world you are positive about because all I see from you is negativity, doom and despair.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 20th Dec 2019, 12:26pm
Post #21734

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 20th Dec 2019, 11:47am) *
Danny, you really are an enigma. You say you voted for independence but you don’t want the party (whose manifesto makes it clear what it stands for and got a huge increase in vote share in the last election) not to pursue it. Did you have a problem with the Tories doing the same thing with Brexit over the last 4 years?

Meanwhile, anyone with an opinion or sharing facts is dishing out propaganda according to you. The only opinion you seem to value is your .own and the only truth appears to be yours. Perhaps you can share your source of this unimpeachable information so we can all benefit? Also, if you don’t mind me asking, is there anything in this world you are positive about because all I see from you is negativity, doom and despair.

Hi Ashfield

I am not being sarcastic when I say to you that it is refreshing to get a post where someone expresses their views in a reasoned manner.

I am sorry you feel that way about me. It is just me expressing my views.
Because I voted for Independence the last time, doesn’t make me stop asking, how can two issues be dealt with at the same time?

Anyway, in closing, I am in no way offended by your response. You have stated your views about me, in an adult way.

Regards

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 20th Dec 2019, 01:03pm
Post #21735

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 20th Dec 2019, 12:26pm) *
You have stated your views about me, in an adult way.

Regards

Danny

It's a pity you can't do likewise.

+Quote Post

1465 Pages V  « < 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Feb 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.