Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ruchill St, Glasgow
elzabeth
post 19th Apr 2017, 10:12am
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 28,752
my family lived at 277 ruchill st from about 1955 to 1961. I was Elizabeth brown, 3 young sisters Teresa, Sheila, mary and young brother billy who was born there. we went to st bernadettes school then last 2 yrs at ruchill school. does anyone remember us? we would love to be in contact with anyone from those days. we moved to Manchester in 1961/62. liz I remember teachers miss bacon, mrs mc hugh, miss Denver and mrs Gordon. I went to Notre Dame High School in 1956. hope someone out there remembers us!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
billy1947
post 20th Apr 2017, 12:35pm
Post #2

Unpacking
Member No.: 40,077
QUOTE (elzabeth @ 19th Apr 2017, 11:12am) *
my family lived at 277 ruchill st from about 1955 to 1961. I was Elizabeth brown, 3 young sisters Teresa, Sheila, mary and young brother billy who was born there. we went to st bernadettes school then last 2 yrs at ruchill school. does anyone remember us? we would love to be in contact with anyone from those days. we moved to Manchester in 1961/62. liz I remember teachers miss bacon, mrs mc hugh, miss Denver and mrs Gordon. I went to Notre Dame High School in 1956. hope someone out there remembers us!

+Quote Post
billy1947
post 20th Apr 2017, 12:58pm
Post #3

Unpacking
Member No.: 40,077
I went to St. Bernadettes primary and I,m sure there was a Teresa Brown in our class we had at Ruchill school where Mrs McHugh and Miss Denvir
were the teachers.Pupils I can remember in those classes were Cecilia Mc Hugh,Gloria Armstrong,Maureen McClymont,my good friend John(Yogi)Hughes
I remember that both John and Teresa were the clever ones in the class.I remember the head teacher was Miss O,Hare, and the janitor was a woman called Mrs Bradley.
She rang the bell by hand.There was also a Miss May, and a Mrs Gordon.We received a box of sweeties from the head mistress on the Queens coronation.Alas the school has been long gone and the secondary
school I went to, St.Augustines has also disappeared.

+Quote Post
elzabeth
post 22nd Apr 2017, 07:55am
Post #4

Unpacking
Member No.: 28,752
thank you for replying billy. what was yr surname? I remember all the people from Teresa's class. Cecelia McHugh was mrs mc hugh's daughter. she went to Notre dame high school with Teresa, so two passed that yr. what happened to john? I remember Gloria Armstrong. I vividly remember mis O'Hare she took assembly in room 15. she wore that hearing aid and was very strict. mrs hewitson also taught in ruchill school but I had miss Denver for the 2 yrs I was there. billy, I have to tell you that Teresa died when she was 45. she was so clever and such a kind gir. we were all devastated when she died. Sheila and billy have died also, so I have lost 2 young sisters and a young brother. such sadness. I also remember mrs bradly, she used to make tea in the staff room for the teachers and came out and rang a huge bell at the end of break. also father hickey, can't remember the name of the younger one. happy days although we didn't always know it then. liz

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.