Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blackhill
Whoami
post 20th Jan 2016, 03:07pm
Post #121

Unpacking
Member No.: 32,484
Hello , its been interesting reading through the post's here , so far I have only recognised a couple of names , I knew Michael and the crowd he hung around with , but otherwise it's the names of the street's that are ringing bells with me . I moved away when I got married ,many years ago , so I guess I wouldn't expect to know anyone living there now .

Living near Blackhill done me no harm,there where lot's of decent people living there , and it was sometimes a bit rough , but that learned you to face up to life .

I won't be here often ,very busy life and so I'll say bye for now and wish everyone all the best till the next time .
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*uan*
post 25th Mar 2016, 11:25pm
Post #122

QUOTE (Guest @ 6th Jan 2009, 10:34am) *
hi all
i lived in blackhill all my young days ,went to primary and secondary school there,which was riddrie primry and smithycroft sec,wasnt it jus the best lol, we were a family of 7 lived in drumpellier st ,go ha aguess who i am ........

+Quote Post
post 19th Jun 2016, 10:08pm
Post #123

Hi, what a great site which I have just come across. My name is Catherine Duffy, I lived in Frankfield Street, Blackhill during the 60's, 70's and left in the late 80's. Reading all the wonderful stories has certainly sent me down memory lane and brought a few tears lol. Although I don't have good family memories and when I left home I never looked back, but I do have very lovely and fond memories of places in blackhill and of my lovey neighbours who lived around me. Joseph Greig, I think I know you and your family. You have one sister Catherine and a few brothers although I only remember your brother Ian. I have very fond memories of your family as I do with the rest of the neighbours at that time. I used to go to school with your sister. You also mentioned the Grugens which I believe your sister used to hang around with Margaret Grugen. If this is you Joseph let me know and if not then I wish everyone from Blackhill and the surrounding area who knows me or knows me not the VERY best. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's stories. Thank you all.

+Quote Post
*Martin hanlon*
post 8th Sep 2016, 09:44pm
Post #124

Hi there, I see its 8 years since this was posted. Just want to say I think you are talking about my parents. Margaret Hanlon then Mooney. We lived in craigmure street. I was only about 3 or 4 when we moved to Twechar. I have brothers Chris and Eddie who lived there also. Well we are all still around with exception of my mum who passed 6 years ago. What a small world this forum makes it. I was just playing around with my surname and found this.

+Quote Post
Whoami
post 28th Nov 2016, 04:27pm
Post #125

Unpacking
Member No.: 32,484
Hello , been a while since I posted so I thought it was about time to say a word or two before I get too busy, just to wish everyone here a Happy Xmas and a healthy and wealthy New Year , the very best to all for 2017 🕛🎄

+Quote Post
**DGRAY**
post 18th Dec 2016, 09:46pm
Post #126

It's been a while since I last posted here.

I stated in earlier posts my uncles name was Ronnie McPhail and he came from the Blackhill area.

My Mother & Father were also brought up in the same area. I just wondered if anyone knew the Grays, Jimmy and Barbara were my Grandparents.

They had four siblings, James, Rose, Margaret & David. Does anyone know them? I believe it may have been Acre Hill Drive, Street or Road they stayed.

If anyone knows them please leave a message here.

My Dad's name is Jimmy ( James ) he is now coming up for 84. David, my Uncle is around 82 and lives in Spain.

+Quote Post
**Jimmy**
post 2nd Jul 2017, 02:11pm
Post #127

QUOTE (*dranachan* @ 17th Jun 2015, 09:40pm) *
Hi am looking for some help. Am looking for a person called Douglas Anderson from blackhill i think he also had a brother called John Anderson i also think he had a sister but i do not no her name. I would be very grateful if anyone could help me out thanks.

Hi, his older brother was Gary IIRC. I was in the same class at Riddrie as him. Have you tracked him down?

+Quote Post
*alan warren*
post 9th Sep 2017, 11:43am
Post #128

My name is Ian Sinclair, i was born Alan Aarren at 51 Arcrehill Street Blackhill. I am trying to trace my real mother, or any information about her would be most appreciated.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.