Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Did You Meet Your Partner?, How, where, when do you meet?
battlestarone
post 13th Sep 2014, 03:12pm
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 12,334
i was in glasgow city centre around summer 1988,walking along Argyll street turning in queen street my attention was drawn to a lovely looking female walking down the street towards me,she was stunning,5ft tall,long permed hair down to her waist,she really took my breath away as she walked past,then she was gone,my god how lovely she was,i would have no chance with a girl like that,i turned for a second look,then she was gone,just a memory after that.

Around xmas 1988 me and my then girlfriend were in lewis,s store as it had just opened after a refurb,the shop was a lovely and new and crowded with xmas shoppers,we came in from the street and up to the new 1st level that was now menswear i think,almost right away i notices this girl,she was very small,long permed hair,she was trying to but something back on a rail and was struggling to do this as it was to high for her,this made me chuckle a bit,but i could not take my eyes off her,i stared for a a minute or two then she was lost in the crowd,,,my got so good looking,for some reason i could not get her out of my head for a few days...then the memory of her was gone,just another girl i had seen.

Around march 1989 i was in Maxwell street at the back of lewis,s,,,i wanted to go into the building and thought i could get in from the rear of the building,i seen a door and thought that's the way in,it was not,unknown to me i was going into the staff entrance,i went up the back stairs opens a door,there in front of me in an office window was a female,again very attractive,but unknown to me this was the girl i had seen in the shop some months before,i asked her if this was the way in and she was very polite telling me know and i had to go back out the door,my good she was amazing looking,i would have loved to work in there if the girls were like her.

In September 89 i was out of work,a part time job was advertised in the paper for lewis,s,,,may as well apply,got and interview date and turned up for it instructed to go to the 5th floor ..getting to the 5th floor at the top of the moving stairs i was still insure where to office was,i seen this very petite female with long straight hair down past her waist,i asked were i had to go for an interview and she pointed me in the right direction,i got lost,came back to her and she took me though to the office and wished me luck,,,i got the job,it was meant to be just till over xmas but i ended up getting took on full time.

I became good friends with a female in the shop,just friends nothing else but i must have made it noticeable that i like the girl with the long hair from the 5th floor or females just notice these things don't they,so she told me the girls name was Liz,,,,me and Liz said very little to each other over the time i worked there,there was no flirting or eye contact between us,but i did like here a lot,and unknown to me she liked me,but she thought i was seeing the other girl i worked with from the shop as we always lunched together,but that was not the case.

In around October 90 we were told the firm was up for sale and had went bankrupt,a massive shock to all working there,we were loosing our jobs,no buyer was found by April and we were being paid off,Debenhams were taking over the building so we all applied for jobs and lucky me and Liz got one starting in July,we were employed from April till July by the administrators to clear the building,very sad times.

a night out for all the lewis,s staff was arranged in Slones bar across the road,i went,but for some reason i was looking for Liz that night,time was rolling on and she was not there,then she came though the main doors into the hall,i could just see here though the crowd,she looked amazing,but this girl would no be interested in me,why would she,,,he was stunning,very good looking,we were total opposites,i liked heavy rock music and had long haor,she was a real clubber and liked dance music,,i had no chance,,,but her and her pal came in and made there way over to the bar go a drink and stood near out table,,then a record came an,Liz in a few seconds was up dancing on the table i was sitting at,everyone was cheering,i could not take my eyes off her,then i though to hell with it,i got up on the table with her and everyone let out a cheer,we danced and laughed,then we got down and said nothing to each other,the night went on and came to an end...a large crowd of us decided we wanted to go onto a club,it was a Tuesday night so bennets was nominated,so off we all went ,again me and Liz said very little to each other,on the way there i changed my mind as cash was running low,i announced i was going up the road,,,Liz,s pal came running towards me and said where was i going,and that i could not go home because Liz was into me(lol),this was the first time i had heard this,so off we went clubbing,nothing much was said between us,we danced a few time and said very little,then towards the end of the night she stood in front of me and said she was going to kiss me,,now let me tell you this was amazing,,it was so unreal and lovely,not a horrible kiss,very gentle,very soft and very loving...the club was closing and we went outside,we seen her pal to a taxi and we walked around the town till 6am just talking,she said if i wanted to see her i had to ask her out the next day at work nervously did this and we went for a drink later that week.

that was the start of an amazing romance with what i would say was one of the most attractive woman i have ever seen,,,we didn't even sleep together for over 2 months,,we did loads of dating and talking and really getting to know each other,,which i think now really made the difference,,,about 6 months later we both argued about something one night and were for calling it a day,Liz burst into tiers and said she could not go as she had fell in love with me and didn't want it to end,i had never seen anyone so upset,i returned my feelings to her,told her to calm down and said i loved her,we hugged like no other and still tell each other " love you "many times a day.

Our romance went on, i got another job,one with good prospects,i asked her to marry me and we married 5 months later,in all we had been seeing each other a year when we married,that was 22 years ago,we met 23 years ago,we have been through the rough patches,good times,bad time,hated each other but still love each other.

Around 3 year ago my wife got a load of old pictures of her out,there was loads of them from before she met me,there was this one picture i kept picking up,then i dawned on me the girl i seen walking down queen street had been my wife around 3 years before i met her,the girl in menswear dept was my wife and the girl at the back door was my wife also

STRANGE WORLD !!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 13th Sep 2014, 07:43pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
Your a chancer,romancer !!
Lovely story rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
wombat
post 13th Sep 2014, 08:29pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196

rolleyes.gif aw the nice rolleyes.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
battlestarone
post 14th Sep 2014, 09:50pm
Post #4

Unpacking
Member No.: 12,334
sorry for the spelling etc.,didn't have time the really check it and my typing is crap

regards to all

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.