Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nostalgic Memories, First visit to Scotland since 1973
stuarty
post 6th Aug 2005, 09:40pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,972
a remember playing hide and seek and tam hammell jumped in the middin bin and a weewummin called mrs robertson put her hot ashes in the bin andtam jumped oot the bin way ashes aw our him an mrs robertson screamed way fright tams maw battered him fur gettin manky and his clothes had wee holes every where an he hid tae apologise tae poor wee mrs robinsos i still pee maself when i remember tha game and a wis aboot 10years old at the time laugh.gif

--------------------
gie me a wee minite
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
buntyq
post 7th Aug 2005, 03:52pm
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 15
That was fun, Stuarty. When Davy and I went around to the back court in Ardoch Street to take a picture of my mammy's old window in No. 16 I see that each close's back court area has metal barriers. What are these for? We forgot about the back doors having locks. Fortunately some wee lasses were going in and they held their door open for us. I am curious to know how they updated those tenements and if they are still being rented out or do the tenants own them.

+Quote Post
Heather
post 7th Aug 2005, 09:52pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
Buntyq, Council tenants can now buy the Council house/flat they live in. The longer they have been a Council tenant, the bigger the discount off the price of the house/flat.

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post
betty2
post 12th Aug 2005, 11:28pm
Post #34

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 56
Once you have a tenancy of 15 years you earn the top discount , when buying you're council house, this is now the practice of most council tenants.

still here in glesca

--------------------
still here in glesca

+Quote Post
jakka13
post 13th Aug 2005, 12:18am
Post #35

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,815
Bunty Q You brought back so many good memories .Thanks for the posts .God Bless Glasgow .No matter where we are in this big world we AL BELONG TO GLASGOW.!!

--------------------
Auld but Still Game.

+Quote Post
buntyq
post 13th Aug 2005, 08:46pm
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 15
When Davie took me to my old home in Auckland Street the inside had been updated. Although small the living room and kitchen were very modern. Peggy, the owner, said they had lived there for 23 years so I presume they now owned the property. I am glad for them because it had a little garden. The houses in Ardoch Street were tenements and my mother would go down into the city to a factor's office to pay her rent. Do you suppose these tenements are now private owned.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th Jun 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.