Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1505 Pages V  « < 1503 1504 1505  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 05:16pm
Post #22561

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Dec 2020, 05:21pm) *
Hello again Tomi

I have noticed you have posted other contributions since I asked you to clarify your use of question marks and rolleyes in your response to one of my posts. I am not going to pursue this with you, so I will drop it. However I will say that I am disappointed in you. It is easy to be sarcastic with someone who is not in your presence. It takes a bigger man than I thought you were to justify your sarcasm.

Danny

DEMENTED !

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wombat
post Y'day, 06:55pm
Post #22562

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
thumbup.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 07:07pm
Post #22563

Mega City Key Holder
Danny Boy is a a chantie -wrastler par excellence !

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 07:18pm
Post #22564

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Dec 2020, 02:54pm) *
Jagz

You have a fixation regarding the Tories. For goodness sake, is that it? Every time you post, a response it is always the same answer. Blame the Tories. I HAVE NEVER VOTED FOR THE TORIES.
GOT IT! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.

Unlike you, I don't want to live in a one party state

Only a numpty like Boris would say in public, "Scottish Devolution has been a failure"

You will also have heard that the SNP Government will give ALL school children free meals, IF the SNP win the next Scottish election. Why don't they do it NOW? They make it sound as if it is the SNP who will fund this objective.

Wow I wonder how many years of night school classes is required to gain enhancing educational qualifications for that trade

Your support for the SNP is based on outmoded pre digital age technology. The difference is, I know it.

You're right, I do have a fixation to the Tories Danny, i hate them for what they stand for and what they've done and still doing to Scotland, and don't shout Danny, so can you show me where i said you voted for the Tories in my post that you have highlighted?

When have i ever said i want to live in a "one party state"?

I have to agree with Johnson, Scottish devolution has been a failure, the English nationalists and their pet Jocks thought devolution would kill the desire for Scotland to regain it's independence stone dead, it hasn't, it has opened most peoples eye's to the fact that the people who can do the best for Scotland are the people who live and work in Scotland, so looking at it from a blood and soil English nationalist's point of view like Johnson then yes, Scottish devolution has been a failure.

They can't give "ALL school children free school meals" now as it hasn't been budget for, they will have to wait until next year for it to come into force once it has been fully budgeted, unlike Westminster the SG have to work within their allotted budget, and unlike Westminster the SG cannot borrow. And if the SNP win next year then it will be the SNP government that will fund it, who else do you think would do it?

You make it sound like it's the SNP's fault that the English based parties closed down Scotland's heavy industries and manufacturing plants in the 70's, 80's and 90's Danny.

I know you rarely answer my questions (while demanding that everyone else answers yours) Danny, but why is supporting the only party that can deliver my almost lifelong wish to see Scotland independent once again "based on outmoded pre digital age technology"?

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Y'day, 08:50pm
Post #22565

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Dec 2020, 07:18pm) *
You're right, I do have a fixation to the Tories Danny, i hate them for what they stand for and what they've done and still doing to Scotland, and don't shout Danny, so can you show me where i said you voted for the Tories in my post that you have highlighted?

When have i ever said i want to live in a "one party state"?

I have to agree with Johnson, Scottish devolution has been a failure, the English nationalists and their pet Jocks thought devolution would kill the desire for Scotland to regain it's independence stone dead, it hasn't, it has opened most peoples eye's to the fact that the people who can do the best for Scotland are the people who live and work in Scotland, so looking at it from a blood and soil English nationalist's point of view like Johnson then yes, Scottish devolution has been a failure.

They can't give "ALL school children free school meals" now as it hasn't been budget for, they will have to wait until next year for it to come into force once it has been fully budgeted, unlike Westminster the SG have to work within their allotted budget, and unlike Westminster the SG cannot borrow. And if the SNP win next year then it will be the SNP government that will fund it, who else do you think would do it?

You make it sound like it's the SNP's fault that the English based parties closed down Scotland's heavy industries and manufacturing plants in the 70's, 80's and 90's Danny.

I know you rarely answer my questions (while demanding that everyone else answers yours) Danny, but why is supporting the only party that can deliver my almost lifelong wish to see Scotland independent once again "based on outmoded pre digital age technology"?

Jagz, before I respond in full to your above post, I have to ask you if you were involved in any capacity in manufacturing during the 1970’s and beyond. Tell me what you know about Advanced Manufacturing Technology. If you choose not to answer, fine.

Jagz the reason I don’t answer your questions is because you answer a question with a question. You don’t call the shots.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 10:02pm
Post #22566

Mega City Key Holder
Awa' ye go ya bletherin' auld skite! Have ye looked in the mirror lately - are ye latherin' at the mooth ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 07:57am
Post #22567

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Dec 2020, 08:50pm) *
Jagz, before I respond in full to your above post, I have to ask you if you were involved in any capacity in manufacturing during the 1970’s and beyond. Tell me what you know about Advanced Manufacturing Technology. If you choose not to answer, fine.

Jagz the reason I don’t answer your questions is because you answer a question with a question. You don’t call the shots.

For the umpteenth time Danny, no, i have never been involved in any capacity in manufacturing during the 1970’s and beyond, and i have no knowledge of "Advanced Manufacturing Technology"

I answered the only question you asked in my last post which was about free school meals, and i certainly don't call the shots Danny, i debate.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Today, 01:15pm
Post #22568

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 2nd Dec 2020, 07:57am) *
For the umpteenth time Danny, no, i have never been involved in any capacity in manufacturing during the 1970’s and beyond, and i have no knowledge of "Advanced Manufacturing Technology"

I answered the only question you asked in my last post which was about free school meals, and i certainly don't call the shots Danny, i debate.

Thanks Jagz for getting back to me.

The reason I asked you if you have ever been involved in any capacity in manufacturing is because you made the following statement in your post #22564, dated Dec 1, 2020.

"You make it sound like it's the the SNP 's fault that the English based Parties closed down Scotland's heavy industries and manufacturing plants in the 70's, 80's and 90's Danny"

Jagz, your statement concerns me because younger people than you will think that is a true statement.

It is similar to the many people who think the Scotsman, James Watt invented the Steam Engine. He didn't. He improved the efficiency of the Steam Engine with the introduction of a Condenser.

Part of the demise of Scottish heavy industry was because the Shipyards owners were using outmoded technology. That is another story.

The 70's and 80's were golden years. Places like Cumbernauld, East Kilbride, and Livingstone were thriving economies.

There once was a short lived motor car factory at Linwood, producing the Hillman Minx. That was created, because the Tory Government at the time refused to support the manufacturer's proposed choice for manufacture in England. During its short life, manufacturing ground to a halt on a number of occasions because of Industrial action.

It would take up too much space to elaborate on Advanced Manufacturing Technology, so I hope to start a new topic, Advance Manufacturing Technology. This will blow your absurd claim out of the water. Mrs. Thatcher's Tory Government spent millions of Taxpayers money in the form of grants to try and catch up with the Japanese. I know because I went to London to work on the Government Grant scheme for approximately five years, visiting companies from Inverness to the South Coast of England.

Companies like Dyson have the Union Jack on the top of the box, but 'Made in China' in small print on the side.

Remember Singers Sewing Machines in Clydebank? Remember the Vietnam war where American young men were slaughtered in the fight against Communism? Singers was an American company. The label still says Singers. The box says, Made in Vietnam. Strange old world isn't it?

But wee Nicola will bring back the production of Singers sewing machines under the famous clock, if she gets Independence?

Danny

+Quote Post
ashfield
post Today, 02:05pm
Post #22569

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Danny, I have no reason to doubt any of what you say ( except the car plant at Linwood produced the Hillman Imp followed by the Sunbeam prior to it being sold off to asset strippers) but the point of your post eludes me. Exactly how does any of what you say impact on (what you yourself admit is) the new digital age and the independence debate?

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post

1505 Pages V  « < 1503 1504 1505
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd Dec 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.