Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

95 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coronovirus?, How it spreads!
carmella
post 28th Feb 2020, 10:10am
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 28th Feb 2020, 08:31am) *
Have it here at all the bigger supermarkets. but then Taurus and I live on backward continents. unlike the ultra modern UK

LoL too funny! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Aye that’s right you murny as sophisticated as whit weez ur ower here! That’s whit ye get fur leavin’

On a serious note, Britain thinks it is streets ahead in many diverse areas, but it’s not the case.

I think we are all doomed!

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
carmella
post 28th Feb 2020, 10:20am
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
On the plus side we don’t have deadly insects and snakes
clown.gif

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
taurus
post 28th Feb 2020, 10:31am
Post #18

City Key Holder
Member No.: 12,391
too right Carmella,the one thing I really enjoyed on my many trips to the UK was to sleep with the windows open,(except when my daughter had a plague of rats in her garden in Surrey ,too scared they could climb the wall),no mozzies,ants,spiders, cocroaches,hordes of flies,snakes,and whatever else. Summer here is a full time job with the insect spray,so tired of that.Laughing at you with your gloves,one plus in the winter i can hold on to the escalator.and the pole in the train carriage,because I have on my gloves. LOL. Just watching the news tonight and thinking the Pope might have the virus,he`s not well and been out mixing with the crowds.

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 28th Feb 2020, 11:31am
Post #19

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,097
It's just been announced that New Zealand has our first confirmed case, now in Auckland Hospital - the 48th country worldwide. The affected person had recently returned to NZ from Iran.

I don't believe I have ever had a virus or 'flu, so here's hoping, but I am a bit fearful of this situation.

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga
.............. Hold fast to your culture

+Quote Post
zascot
post 28th Feb 2020, 03:06pm
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 612
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 28th Feb 2020, 08:31am) *
Have it here at all the bigger supermarkets. but then Taurus and I live on backward continents. unlike the ultra modern UK
tongue.gif

I know you are in a backward part of the world Dave but you could always come back up here to Johannesburg. laugh.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Take only photos. Leave only footprints. Kill only time.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 28th Feb 2020, 05:28pm
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
Not backward at all Queen Vic is still our monarch tongue.gif

+Quote Post
taurus
post 28th Feb 2020, 07:11pm
Post #22

City Key Holder
not too far off the mark Dave,the present queen is resembling her more and more as she ages,especially when she puts on that sulky hate everything face.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 28th Feb 2020, 09:16pm
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (taurus @ 28th Feb 2020, 07:11pm) *
not too far off the mark Dave,the present queen is resembling her more and more as she ages,especially when she puts on that sulky hate everything face.

laugh.gif thumbup.gif

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
taurus
post 28th Feb 2020, 11:35pm
Post #24

City Key Holder
you are so lucky Kiwilass never to have a flu or virus,NZ must be healthier than OZ. I must be honest when I lived and grew up in Glasgow I had an odd cold but never the flu ,ever. As soon as I arrived,within weeks, I got so ill,never experienced a throat infection like it in my life,and I had 2 little babies to worry about. Been like that too for 59 years,so this hot cimate is not a healthy one,and the coronavirus will love it I fear.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 29th Feb 2020, 12:20am
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
I hate to say it folks, but the latest news about the affect Coronavirus is having on the world is not good. There are so many issues to be looked at. Individually they sometimes seem insignificant, but collectively they are a threat to us all.

Let’s take the Middle East for example. Millions of unfortunate people have been caught up in situations which have changed their lives forever. Up until recently, Italy, Turkey and Greece have been the three countries that have bore the brunt of this regional unrest. They have been deluged by innocent people seeking refuge. Up until now, there has been no International coordination to deal with these unfortunate refugees. It is all very well for every individual nation to have a coordinated plan to for its own citizens to deal with Coronavirus, but who is taking any action to deal with the potential danger that these unfortunate people may bring with them when they are smuggled into Europe? Italy is more or less in lockdown for its own citizens. Will they be given any assistance by the rest of Europe to deal with the never ending influx of refugees? Or will it be the usual, “Every man for himself”?

Danny

+Quote Post
taurus
post 29th Feb 2020, 11:04am
Post #26

City Key Holder
our government has banned entry to people from China,our economy was getting in to dire straits with the bushfires,now the influx of Chinese students due to start Uni in March will not happen and they bring millions in to the country for their educaton. I know it`s wrong to think about dollars when lives are at risk,but it`s just another side issue no one could have predicted 2 months ago.There will always be some plague or other to keep the population down,I have feeling I read that in the Scriptures at one time.Floods and famine or somesuch it said.

+Quote Post
beth
post 29th Feb 2020, 01:52pm
Post #27

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 8,349
ON the upside, the Chinese, reportedly, have banned the import of our wildlife,dead and alive, on the downside, the investments that provide our income have dropped drastically. Don't know how on earth our Health System (Joke), would deal with an outbreak here

+Quote Post
wombat
post 1st Mar 2020, 06:24am
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (beth @ 29th Feb 2020, 02:52pm) *
Don't know how on earth our Health System (Joke), would deal with an outbreak here

unsure.gif local witch doctor perhaps? unsure.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 1st Mar 2020, 07:24am
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (wombat @ 1st Mar 2020, 08:24am) *
unsure.gif local witch doctor perhaps? unsure.gif

Not enough Whites in the country for that to work.
'Muti' Witch doctor medicine is strongest when the main ingredient, body parts from a human sacrifice is taken while the victim is alive.
Strongest 'Muti' of all is taken from a White victim.

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 1st Mar 2020, 08:56am
Post #30

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,097
QUOTE (taurus @ 28th Feb 2020, 11:35pm) *
you are so lucky Kiwilass never to have a flu or virus,NZ must be healthier than OZ. I must be honest when I lived and grew up in Glasgow I had an odd cold but never the flu ,ever. As soon as I arrived,within weeks, I got so ill,never experienced a throat infection like it in my life,and I had 2 little babies to worry about. Been like that too for 59 years,so this hot cimate is not a healthy one,and the coronavirus will love it I fear.

I've had colds of course but never diagnosed with 'flu. Too many people get a cold and call it 'flu, I suppose it sounds better. I've been getting 'flu injections for 20+ years now and this year's shots will be available I think in April. Whether there will be a vaccine for this latest virus, who knows?

My husband and I, with two young kids, moved to Sydney in 1977. It was originally going to be for one year but ended up another 2 years. Hubby was a truck driver so was out of Sydney most of the time. He was well paid and I had a full time job too. I couldn't tolerate the heat in Australia so we saw as much of the country as possible and moved back to Christchurch. The climate here suits me better, though it's been very hard with all the major earthquakes we have had.

Kia Ora,
Betty

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga
.............. Hold fast to your culture

+Quote Post

95 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th Jun 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.