Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No One To Vote For, Election
JAGZ1876
post 15th May 2017, 12:58pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 14th May 2017, 11:59pm) *
it's a failed policy that's failing our country.

Sums up the union well. thumbup.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 22nd May 2017, 05:27pm
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
These cybernats terrify me and this now includes SNP Politicians, as if we didn't know.

To quote their Party Leader: "Shame on them!!"

Tartan Toryism, it seems, is alive and well.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 22nd May 2017, 06:00pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 22nd May 2017, 06:27pm) *
These cybernats terrify me and this now includes SNP Politicians, as if we didn't know.

To quote their Party Leader: "Shame on them!!"

How do you know they were "cybernats"?

A lot of this woman's colleagues were outraged that she was caught out lying and bringing their profession into into disrepute.

Did your political periodical run a story on Nicola Sturgeon at the weekend when the police announced they would be increasing her security including replacing her government driver with a police officer after an increase in death threats to her and not just from CyberBritnats either?

No......Well blow me sideways again.

Now your cybernats really terrify me. yes.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 22nd May 2017, 06:05pm
Post #34

Mega City Key Holder
"Tartan Toryism, it seems, is alive and well"

Well according to Ruth and your lot on here they are on the rise and will be winning lots more seats at the Westminster election.

We'll know on the 9th June. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 22nd May 2017, 06:33pm
Post #35

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
How was she caught out lying? Have public servants (bar politicians) not had a fixed 1% wage increase for several years?

Why are SNP politicians sharing tweets about members of the public, we are well with our rights to hold public officials to account on TV or anywhere else. For them to join in a cyber lynching by sharing details to their followers is bloody disgusting and they should remember their place ..We are their bosses, not the other way around...Thats directed to all of them so put yer pitchforks down

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 22nd May 2017, 07:59pm
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
I was entitled to a jibe, Jagz, as it is current news.

It is mind wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif boggling why so many at the TOP of the SNP allowed themselves to be caught out sharing fake news about that NHS worker. It is a shocking insight into the dark side of the SNP social media machine.

By all means expose the cyber bullying by other Parties. But at least condemn it when it arises (if you can bring yourself to criticise one of your own).

I have remained on here over the years because there are no cybernuts, just honest guys and gals with something to say. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 22nd May 2017, 08:25pm
Post #37

Mega City Key Holder
... and all coming just a day after the admirable 'Jo Cox truce'.

Crass.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 22nd May 2017, 09:00pm
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 22nd May 2017, 07:00pm) *
she was caught out lying and bringing their profession into into disrepute

It wasn't the nurse whose behaviour forced her to later tweet a grovelling public apology.

https://twitter.com/joannaccherry/status/866403766593081344

The Twitter replies shed further darkness on the divisions such Politics brings to public debate.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 22nd May 2017, 09:31pm
Post #39

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
They would not listen, they're not listening still. Perhaps they never will. tongue.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 23rd May 2017, 07:49am
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 22nd May 2017, 11:00pm) *
It wasn't the nurse whose behaviour forced her to later tweet a grovelling public apology.

https://twitter.com/joannaccherry/status/866403766593081344

The Twitter replies shed further darkness on the divisions such Politics brings to public debate.

Indeed! We are still waiting for the nurse's apology, grovelling or not.

http://www.anyvoice.co.uk/health-education...e=socialnetwork

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 23rd May 2017, 09:38am
Post #41

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 22nd May 2017, 07:33pm) *
How was she caught out lying?

Have public servants (bar politicians) not had a fixed 1% wage increase for several years?

The pay she says she's on does not tally with the amount of years she claims to have been a nurse for starters.

Yes you are correct, public servants have been getting 1% pay rises from the SG, unlike their counterparts in England who have been getting nothing.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 23rd May 2017, 09:42am
Post #42

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 22nd May 2017, 08:59pm) *
I was entitled to a jibe, Jagz, as it is current news.

Current fake news.

I thought you would have been annoyed that a debate about the Westminster election was stage managed to be anything but a debate about the Westminster election.

Perhaps you were pleased that Ruth didn't have to answer any awkward questions. yes.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 23rd May 2017, 10:31am
Post #43

Mega City Key Holder
It doesn't even matter now that the Party has belatedly distanced itself from such viewpoints guys, Politics takes a back seat given events in Manchester.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 23rd May 2017, 07:58pm
Post #44

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 23rd May 2017, 09:38am) *
The pay she says she's on does not tally with the amount of years she claims to have been a nurse for starters.

Yes you are correct, public servants have been getting 1% pay rises from the SG, unlike their counterparts in England who have been getting nothing.

I take it you are aware of the pay structure of a nurse, yes they get yearly increments that do get capped, yes a band 7 earns a good wage (though a new band 7 gets less than a higher grade band 6) but thats if they are full time. Her band and length of service are irrelevant if she only works part time. Thats not to say I know her, her wage or her hours, but then neither do you. She may be on a wack, travel to New york, married to a tory councilor, own a hose and send her child to a private school, or she may not, I dont know, What I do know is that her message has been lost in all this and the cyberlynching of a nurse who demands answers to questions a lot of nurses want to hear. She was right on some of her points and even though a starting salary of £22k is a lot to some, some nurses will struggle to live and work the odd shifts that the job requires. A car is a necessity, unless you live close by expect to be out of the house 14 hours using public transport only to do it all the next day. Some nurses rely on the bank to get by, some only have the bank so dont even get regular hours.

Now it looks like a lot of this fury is because she put Wee Nic on the spot. I see cries of this isn't about devolved issues, well if there's one party who cant greet about mixing up reserved/devolved it's the SNP.
Now if it was Ruthie she put on the spot would the uproar be as bad?

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 23rd May 2017, 09:36pm
Post #45

Mega City Key Holder
What a load of unadulterated excrement! It just gets worse and worse! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.