Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No One To Vote For, Election
john.mcn
post 9th May 2017, 11:23pm
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
Should be the Greens new logo, recyclable of cource wink.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 10th May 2017, 06:35pm
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 9th May 2017, 11:34pm) *
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scot...litics-39855884

This polarising pro-Indy pact is dumbing down Politics.

But you don't mind a Pro Union pact?

http://www.thenational.scot/news/15236862....o_keep_SNP_out/

Maybe John.mcm will buy you a pint of Watney's Red Tory light.

Don't like it myself, too gassy, loses its head to quickly and soon goes stale. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 10th May 2017, 07:26pm
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
I dont think anyone likes the polarisation of Scottish politics based on Indy. Funny thing about t all though is that for a Year its all we hear from the SNP then when an election leaflet from them is on your doormat theres not one mention of it. For a party that claims to speak for the people and is so insistent that it has our backing why are they now scared to mention it.
Ohh no doubt they'll get most MP's but if there was such a Pro Union pact then I believe the SNP would be hammered across most of the country.

East Renfrewshire will be interesting, its a previous Tory seat held by Jim Murphy for 18 years, Better Togethers Blair McDougall is standing for Labour here which was one of the highest NO votes in Scotland, if he splits the Tory vote then the SNP may sneak back in. I dont think anyone was surprised as them that they won last time.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 10th May 2017, 10:25pm
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 10th May 2017, 09:26pm) *
I dont think anyone likes the polarisation of Scottish politics based on Indy. Funny thing about t all though is that for a Year its all we hear from the SNP then when an election leaflet from them is on your doormat theres not one mention of it. For a party that claims to speak for the people and is so insistent that it has our backing why are they now scared to mention it.
Ohh no doubt they'll get most MP's but if there was such a Pro Union pact then I believe the SNP would be hammered across most of the country.

East Renfrewshire will be interesting, its a previous Tory seat held by Jim Murphy for 18 years, Better Togethers Blair McDougall is standing for Labour here which was one of the highest NO votes in Scotland, if he splits the Tory vote then the SNP may sneak back in. I dont think anyone was surprised as them that they won last time.

https://youtu.be/VuHFQ7KZOKA

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 10th May 2017, 11:32pm
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
Harvie and Chapman have truly selt the jerseys now. yes.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scot...litics-39873325

But 2 years ago...

If the Tories push the SNP hard enough they might just kill-off the Scottish Greens entirely.

Yet he would if he could change SNP policy.

Democracy, eh?

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 11th May 2017, 12:03am
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder

He kinda loses his passion when he has to look down at a speech.
Whatever happened to the SNP only voting on Scottish issues in Westminster, Heathrow should be an England only issue.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 11th May 2017, 01:26am
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 10th May 2017, 08:26pm) *
Funny thing about t all though is that for a Year its all we hear from the SNP then when an election leaflet from them is on your doormat theres not one mention of it.

Day job John, day job. yes.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 11th May 2017, 04:30am
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 11th May 2017, 01:03am) *
Whatever happened to the SNP only voting on Scottish issues in Westminster, Heathrow should be an England only issue.

A devastating landslide, following this promise... eyebrow.gif

QUOTE (Sturgeon)
The SNP will use our influence at Westminster to help deliver positive change for the benefit of ordinary people, not just in Scotland, but across the UK.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 11th May 2017, 06:58pm
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder

As long as the benefit of ordinary people in the rUK does not include free University though.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 11th May 2017, 07:22pm
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 11th May 2017, 01:26am) *
Day job John, day job. yes.gif

Well the thing is Jagz without the usual Indy bit the leaflet was a tad empty so I'm starting to think they're on a job share... Which come to think of it is something I thought that our politicians should do. Prior to the devolved parliaments we had an MP who did all our MP-ing stuff, now we have MSPs who do a lot of the stuff MPs used to do but we still have MPs doing a lot less 'work' but still drawing a full wage with expensive accounts, offices and staff.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 11th May 2017, 09:30pm
Post #26

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 11th May 2017, 09:22pm) *
Well the thing is Jagz without the usual Indy bit the leaflet was a tad empty so I'm starting to think they're on a job share... Which come to think of it is something I thought that our politicians should do. Prior to the devolved parliaments we had an MP who did all our MP-ing stuff, now we have MSPs who do a lot of the stuff MPs used to do but we still have MPs doing a lot less 'work' but still drawing a full wage with expensive accounts, offices and staff.

Glad to see you are coming around (again) to the idea of independence. We certainly do not need MPs in Westminster, especially as they are always a huge minority. Time for Scotland to dispense with their cost, not forgetting our shared cost of the other MPs and Lords there.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 12th May 2017, 12:04am
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder

I never stopped believing in Indy but I accept the the result of the referendum as the will of the people and that it would be financial suicide to do so while tax returns from oil will be in the negative. As old fields close and new ones open then as an accountant you should know that any costs incurred can be offset against taxes due. The 'cash cow' the SNP so badly needs to pay for their wish list wont be producing milk for quite some time. That leaves us, the public, to pick up the tab for not only the break up but the costs in creating new departments to replace ones handled UK wide.
There also the big issue of the SNP's policy of EU membership whether we like it or not, they voted against the EU referendum so they are not be trusted if there's promises to hold another if Scotland becomes Independent.
Wee Nic in her drive to satisfy the 10,000's of impatient new SNP members is alienating those who want it when the time is right and not hitching on the Brexit ride.

Now all that aside I am not an Indy at all costs guy, if the UK changes to a federal type system and people feel represented then I would be content if there wasn't another one in my lifetime.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 14th May 2017, 08:12pm
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scot...litics-39914195

So the Scottish Greens are in bad shape, or is this what it looks like: the Party in power influencing the election and the resulting affect on the Political landscape of its interminable fight for Independence.

Answers on a polling card.

In my opinion, on another bad day for Democracy in Scotland this development is the most serious evidence yet of Mr Harvie transforming his desperate Party into a subsidiary branch of the SNP, in a patently obvious case of Power before Principle.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 14th May 2017, 09:31pm
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 14th May 2017, 10:59pm
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
Coalescing the Indy vote and Indy Parties will only perpetuate the referendum cycle. The Union vote is split, and proud to be so I would suggest. However, in a binary vote this doesn't matter.

The recent local elections demonstrated for anyone still in doubt that a win for the SNP (even including the Green vote) doesn't equate to Independence - it's a failed policy that's failing our country.

Attached Image

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.