Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Snp's New Drive For Scottish Independence
JAGZ1876
post 4th Sep 2016, 11:22am
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Mathieson @ 4th Sep 2016, 09:37am) *
What I do object to is her single policy of blindly seeking independence over everything else because a minority seem to want it, while she let's everything else go down the tubes, and we ALL have to suffer for it.

Wee Jimmy Krankie should just get on with running Scotland

But it's not a "single policy of blindly seeking independence over everything else", is it?

Thats the reason the SNP have been voted into power three times in a row at Holyrood and why there were only three unionist MP's returned at the Westminster GE.

I know you'll come out with a plethora of facts laugh.gif but what exactly is going down the tubes under the SNP?

And be constructive, don't just say "everything" provide facts unlike your responce to my NHS, police and education question.

"Wee Jimmy Krankie"...........Ah, when you've no argument to put forward revert to name calling, the Britnatz favourite tactic. yes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 4th Sep 2016, 09:57pm
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
One of the reasons I started this topic, is my concern that what the SNP is proposing has not had the approval of the Scottish Parliament. It therefore falls into the category of a 'survey' to be conducted by a political party. The wording of surveys are designed to the needs of the instigator. Let me give you an example.

On Tuesday, August 30, the Evening Times published excerpts from a survey named, the Scottish Social Attitudes Survey. This survey was undertaken by ScotCen Social Research. Their website is
www.scotcen.org.uk. This organisation conducts surveys for all kinds of clients and has received payment from Governments for different surveys. Without having seen the survey, all I can do is quote some of the findings as published in the Evening Times. To be perfectly frank, I am dismayed at some of the so-called findings.

Here is the OPENING PARAGRAPH of the Evening times report.

"More young and highly-educated people publicly engaged with the Scottish Independence debate than older people or those with fewer qualifications, a survey has found."

So there we are folks, in spite of the majority of people attending the public meetings that I went to, prior to the Referendum, being say 50 or older, and certainly not all highly educated, this survey proves me wrong.

Here was me thinking that all those young people on their iPads etc were on social media.

But reading further down the newspaper report, one word keeps cropping up. That word is REGISTER(ED). If I have read the report correctly, and from a visit to the ScotCen Social Research website, what this survey is reporting on is a result based on the people who have REGISTERED on-line to participate in the survey.

Rather than copy all of the report, here is another paragraph.

"Nearly 70 per cent did at least one activity to REGISTER what they thought about an issue in 2015, and nearly 31 per cent of the people who REGISTERED their views did so in connection with the independence debate".

Now please go back up to the OPENING PARAGRAPH of this report, read it, then continue from here.

Is it just me? Doesn't the OPENING PARAGRAPH give the impression that across Scotland the lower educated and the elderly weren't as interested in the Independence debate as the young and highly educated people were? But then it goes on to say that only 31 per cent of those who REGISTERED did so in connection with the independence debate.

By the way, younger people are between 18 to 29 for this survey, and older people are described as being 65 and over. So if you are between 30 and 64 years old there is no mention of your age group.

So the question is, who is going to design the SNP's survey? It certainly won't be the people coming around the doors asking the questons. It will be a professional organisation. I hope the Scottish public will not be picking up the bill. Actually we will be picking up some of it, because some SNP MEPs will have to be involved, particularly Nicola.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 5th Sep 2016, 07:49am
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 4th Sep 2016, 10:57pm) *
So the question is, who is going to design the SNP's survey? It certainly won't be the people coming around the doors asking the questons. It will be a professional organisation. I hope the Scottish public will not be picking up the bill. Actually we will be picking up some of it, because some SNP MEPs will have to be involved, particularly Nicola.

Danny Harris

You'll be glad to know Danny (or maybe not) that the SNP are using their own money for the survey, you can see it here.

http://www.snp.org/survey

+Quote Post
*Talisman*
post 5th Sep 2016, 02:28pm
Post #19

QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 2nd Sep 2016, 10:18pm) *
Its actually a tad sinister imo, among her legion of followers are some very unpleasant people,might be a good idea to tell whoever calls that you are a Sturgeonite to the core.

You have actually met all of them?

+Quote Post
Scotsman
post 5th Sep 2016, 03:09pm
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,353
I think the SNP would prefer to put this off for a wee while. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 5th Sep 2016, 05:28pm
Post #21

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Talisman asks if i have met 'them' ? I dont need to meet the likes of Stuart McKenzie,John Marshall, Billy Mcallister or Pier Doughty-Brown to know that I dont want them or their like knocking on my door.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 5th Sep 2016, 10:27pm
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 5th Sep 2016, 08:49am) *
You'll be glad to know Danny (or maybe not) that the SNP are using their own money for the survey, you can see it here.

Hello Jagz

Yes I am aware that the SNP say they will be using their own money. However, the point I am making regarding that claim is, that some senior SNP MSP's will have to be involved with the people conducting the survey. They have to discuss what question will be asked etc. So the tax payer is paying for the time spent by the MSP's on this survey. The MSP's have got to read the survey and the results from it?

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 6th Sep 2016, 08:32am
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 5th Sep 2016, 11:27pm) *
Hello Jagz

some senior SNP MSP's will have to be involved with the people conducting the survey. They have to discuss what question will be asked etc. So the tax payer is paying for the time spent by the MSP's on this survey. The MSP's have got to read the survey and the results from it?

Danny

The same claim can be made to any political party, as a taxpayer i don't complain that my taxes are helping to pay Tory/Labour/What are they called? MSP's conduct their business.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 6th Sep 2016, 12:09pm
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 5th Sep 2016, 08:49am) *

Helllo Jagz

This survey is entitled Scotland's Place in Europe.

Would you please confirm that this is the survey the SNP will be using to make a case for another Independence referendum? Surely not.

There are 14 questions to be answered.

I didn't answer question one because it is asking for my political persuasion, my name, address,
e-mail address etc.

I wanted to see what the other questions are, but was blocked from doing so because I had not answered question 1.

Why should I answer any question until I have seen all of the questions first?

Danny

+Quote Post
*Talisman*
post 6th Sep 2016, 02:28pm
Post #25

QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 5th Sep 2016, 05:28pm) *
Talisman asks if i have met 'them' ? I dont need to meet the likes of Stuart McKenzie, John Marshall, Billy Mcallister or Pier Doughty-Brown to know that I dont want them or their like knocking on my door.

You could actually put up a notice declaring an exclusion zone declaring the persons referred to as persona non grata: or apply to relevant legal authorities to have them subject to a protection order.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 6th Sep 2016, 07:18pm
Post #26

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 6th Sep 2016, 01:09pm) *
Helllo Jagz

This survey is entitled Scotland's Place in Europe.

Would you please confirm that this is the survey the SNP will be using to make a case for another Independence referendum? Surely not.

Danny

I believe it is Danny, but i think you are confusing this survey with the proposed doorstep campaign.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Sep 2016, 07:29pm
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (DannyH @ 6th Sep 2016, 12:09pm) *
Why should I answer any question until I have seen all of the questions first?

Danny

Quite right Danny, never give any political party your details and it's the reason i didn't fill in a form.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 7th Sep 2016, 10:32pm
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 6th Sep 2016, 08:18pm) *
I believe it is Danny, but i think you are confusing this survey with the proposed doorstep campaign.

Hello Jagz

This is not a critcism of you, but your answer above demonstrates to me that the SNP is confusing the public, the way it is dealing with its attempt to have another Independence referendum.

In my previous post I asked you if the SNP's survey , entitled Scotland's Place in Europe, is the survey the SNP will be using to make a case for another referendum?

Your reply was, I believe it is Danny, but I think you are confusing this survey with the proposed doorstep campaign".

Now look at my wording, above. "----is this the survey the SNP will be using to make a case for another referendum"? Your reply was, "I believe it is ----".

So what is the point of a doorstep campaign, if there has already been an on-line survey which you believe the SNP will be using to make a case for independence?

As I was not allowed to see all of the questions in this on-line survey, one of my concerns is that
I was not able to establish what makes a person eligible to take part in this survey.

Is it the rules that applied during the Scottish Independence referendum, where EU citizens were allowed to vote, or is it the rules that applied during the EU referendum where EU citizens were not allowed to vote?

Regards

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th Sep 2016, 10:58am
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 7th Sep 2016, 11:32pm) *
Hello Jagz
In my previous post I asked you if the SNP's survey , entitled Scotland's Place in Europe, is the survey the SNP will be using to make a case for another referendum?

Your reply was, I believe it is Danny, but I think you are confusing this survey with the proposed doorstep campaign".
Regards

Danny

One is a online survey, the other is a doorstep campaign to listen to peoples opinions about independence and not necessarily about EU membership.

It's not that confusing, is it? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
flam
post 8th Sep 2016, 03:18pm
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,044
I am afraid that Jagz cannot accept the truth, he uses plenty of spin to try and turn the debate around..lol

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.