Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Snp's New Drive For Scottish Independence
DannyH
post 2nd Sep 2016, 09:57pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
Nicola Sturgeon has announced a new drive for Scottish Independence. It would appear that this will entail hundreds of SNP supporters calling at our doors.

She says' "To ensure that the voices of everyone in Scotland is heard in these changed times, I am today launching Scotland's biggest ever political listening exercise. - a new conversation and a new debate for these times".

At this moment in time I don't know how this exercise will be carried out. It is therefore pointless of me making any personal comment regarding this issue. I do feel though, that as it will obviously touch on Scotland's Independence and the EU referendum result, this matter 'deserves' a topic on its own.

Hope some of you will agree.

Danny Harris
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 2nd Sep 2016, 10:18pm
Post #2

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Its actually a tad sinister imo, among her legion of followers are some very unpleasant people,might be a good idea to tell whoever calls that you are a Sturgeonite to the core.

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 2nd Sep 2016, 11:08pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,207
I think this latest stunt of hers is less designed to win over NO voters, and more to do with keeping their own Scottish Resistance type weirdos onside.

Anyhoo, I look forward to them showing up at my door! 😀

--------------------
Three cheers for the Red, White and Blue !

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 3rd Sep 2016, 12:26am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
Subtle hints were dropped in the run up to the EU referendum, there are many out there who are waiting on news for Indy2 as they did what was expected of them, so like mathie i think a part of it is to keep them on side. If the SNP think a NO voter who was concerned about their job and home is just going to change their vote over Brexit then i have given them too much credit over the years
We had the referendum and the debate captured the nation, we had another just a couple of months ago, who can be bloody bothered to go through all that again and again every time some wee thing changes. They're starting to sound like a 70's Union calling for strikes for the slightest thing.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 3rd Sep 2016, 07:57am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 3rd Sep 2016, 01:26am) *
Subtle hints were dropped in the run up to the EU referendum, there are many out there who are waiting on news for Indy2 as they did what was expected of them, so like mathie i think a part of it is to keep them on side. If the SNP think a NO voter who was concerned about their job and home is just going to change their vote over Brexit then i have given them too much credit over the years
We had the referendum and the debate captured the nation, we had another just a couple of months ago, who can be bloody bothered to go through all that again and again every time some wee thing changes. They're starting to sound like a 70's Union calling for strikes for the slightest thing.

Nicely put. There should be a "like" button here.

I've yet to meet a NO voter who was considering changing their mind. If anything recent events have convinced us we did the right thing to save the country.

And it shouldn't be forgotten that these stunts are also designed to keep attention away from Natz failures, at a time more and more people are demanding she stop her pathetic attempts at grandstanding and actually get on with running Scotland for the benefit of us all. We don't pay her the big fat salary just to pander to the freedumb mob.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 3rd Sep 2016, 09:46am
Post #6

City Key Holder
Sadly, we do pay her to pander to the Indy Twos, they plus disaffected Labour voters will keep her in power for the forseeable future.

+Quote Post
flam
post 3rd Sep 2016, 09:50am
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,044
I am starting to get a little tired of the "Poison Dwarf" posturing and posing when some lovely photo shoot appears, yet one of her loyal subjects from Govanhill,asked to do a selfie with him with the debris in the background ,she quickly snubbed him and said if you have concerns,you can visit me at my surgery..The SNP known as the Tartan Tories,also called the Ewing family years back ,now it is being known as the"STURGEON family" Nicola,her Husband,her Father,her Mother and possibly more ? although I wanted to stay in EUROPE ,it was because the Tories may change the Human Rights act because there is no way Jeremy Corbin would ever win an election, looks like another Michael Foot

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 3rd Sep 2016, 10:32am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Mathieson @ 3rd Sep 2016, 08:57am) *
I've yet to meet a NO voter who was considering changing their mind. If anything recent events have convinced us we did the right thing to save the country.

Which recent events?

QUOTE (Mathieson @ 3rd Sep 2016, 12:08am) *
Anyhoo, I look forward to them showing up at my door! ��

I bet you're not. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 3rd Sep 2016, 10:37am
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 2nd Sep 2016, 11:18pm) *
Its actually a tad sinister imo, among her legion of followers are some very unpleasant people,might
be a good idea to tell whoever calls that you are a Sturgeonite to the core.

It's actually a tad sinister imo, that unpleasant people like you can make such ridiculous claims.

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 3rd Sep 2016, 02:17pm
Post #10

City Key Holder
Jaqz is a good example of what i was referring too, disagree with him and you get abuse.You
wouldnt want that type knocking on your door.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 3rd Sep 2016, 03:21pm
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 3rd Sep 2016, 03:17pm) *
Jaqz is a good example of what i was referring too, disagree with him and you get abuse.You

You don't do irony DJ, do you?

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 4th Sep 2016, 08:30am
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 3rd Sep 2016, 03:17pm) *

😀 it's just the same old same old. Admittedly he's not quite so abusive as his old sparring partner (who, if anything, appears to he getting much worse) but it's always his chosen tactic when the going invariably gets tough.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 4th Sep 2016, 08:32am
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 3rd Sep 2016, 11:32am) *
Which recent events?

I bet you're not. laugh.gif

Oh dear, you're wrong again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 4th Sep 2016, 08:37am
Post #14

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 3rd Sep 2016, 10:46am) *
Sadly, we do pay her to pander to the Indy Twos, they plus disaffected Labour voters will keep her in power for the forseeable future.

Fair enough, whether we like it or not, that's democracy.

What I do object to is her single policy of blindly seeking independence over everything else because a minority seem to want it, while she let's everything else go down the tubes, and we ALL have to suffer for it.

Wee Jimmy Krankie should just get on with running Scotland for ALL Scots - that's the reason she gets the big salary she demands. Not to lecture us on something we've already told her quite clearly we don't want!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 4th Sep 2016, 11:10am
Post #15

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Mathieson @ 4th Sep 2016, 09:30am) *
�� it's just the same old same old. Admittedly he's not quite so abusive as his old sparring partner (who, if anything, appears to he getting much worse) but it's always his chosen tactic when the going invariably gets tough.

Talking of abusive posters and their sparring partners, wheres yours? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Mathieson @ 4th Sep 2016, 09:32am) *
Oh dear, you're wrong again.

Bet I'm not. yes.gif

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.