Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Conspiracy Theory, 9/11
lubbock
post 10th Oct 2014, 07:34pm
Post #1

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 14,540
Just finished David Ray Griffin's book The new pearl harbour revisited...9/11 the cover up...Like most people I watched incredulously as tv images beamed the horrific events of that day into our living rooms....Never doubting for a minute that everything I seen was actual real time happenings.Even when the first hint of conspiracy emerged I thought here we go 1963 all over again ..but reading this book there really is something not quite right with the official 9/11 commission report...for instance doubt is cast over calls made from the flights by crew and passengers according to the author they simply didn't happen ...Sometimes the more you read into the events the more convincing they become...anyone agree that what was seen on tv was what was reported. and that the facts are as the commission report suggests and all else is conjecture and speculation .....

--------------------
Sunny Govan.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
flam
post 10th Oct 2014, 07:40pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,044
Lubbock.. I believe what I saw that day happened in real life, but messages from the pilot or anything like that I have never heard about

+Quote Post
lubbock
post 10th Oct 2014, 08:15pm
Post #3

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 14,540
What the author says is that with the technology available at that time it would have been impossible for calls to be made using mobile phones from any of the flights ...also he suggests that the pentagon was hit by a missile rather than a plane ..the facts as he puts them are pretty convincing ...but as you say I saw the same images and find it difficult to deviate from what I witnessed,And what the author states in his book...but hey you never know ..

--------------------
Sunny Govan.

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 10th Oct 2014, 09:22pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
It's only recently that mobile phones can be used on some planes (for technical reasons - interferes with plane's computers or something) but if you had an idea of what was happening then I'd imagine that 'safety first' would have been thrown out of the window. I think I've heard some interviews with relatives who said they'd had brief conversations with their loved ones before the crashes but I may be thinking about calls from the twin towers.

+Quote Post
davidhendry
post 11th Oct 2014, 05:32am
Post #5

Super Resident
Member No.: 7,214
From day one, I thought the aircraft which crashed in the field was suspicious. No debris visible. Wings and tail fin? All very strange.

Davie.

+Quote Post
tamhickey
post 11th Oct 2014, 07:38am
Post #6

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,833
Finding out that all of the hijackers were Saudis, backed with Saudi money, just as ISIL are being backed from the same country yet we allow it and scapegoat others in the Middle East. We have never been told the real truth about this atrocity and I doubt we ever will.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 11th Oct 2014, 07:26pm
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

Cameron seems to think "non-violent extremism" like 9/11 and 7/11 conspiracists should be treated in the same way as Isis recruiters, so might be an idea to hide or burn that book before they bring that law in.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
Alex MacPhee
post 12th Oct 2014, 05:49pm
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,183
QUOTE (lubbock @ 10th Oct 2014, 09:32pm) *
also he suggests that the pentagon was hit by a missile rather than a plane ..the facts as he puts them are pretty convincing

David Griffin is an old hand at making saleable books out of conspiracy theories. These books will continue to appear, and ring the cash registers, even though all their claims have been debunked and shown to be wrong. The New Pearl Harbor repeats the same stuff that shows Griffin has virtually no grasp of engineering or mechanics or physics ; not surprising, perhaps, when his field is theology and religion. Pentagon hole not big enough for a plane? Not true. Griffin claims a 125ft wide plane can't go through an 18ft hole. Griffin expects an aircraft hitting a wall to behave like a cartoon character going through a wall, and leaving a cartoon-shaped hole. The 125ft width includes the wingspan, and the wings were ripped off and destroyed by reinforced columns in the Pentagon. The hole left by the fuselage wasn't 18ft wide, it was 90ft across, which Griffin would have known about had he bothered to study the the investigation report compiled by the American Structural and Civil Engineering Society.

I'm afraid there's piles of this junk, in all sorts of conspiracy web sites, which quote each other circularly, like '911truth'. (It may appear overly skeptical on my part, but I use a rule of thumb that any web site with the word 'truth' embedded in it, is anything but!)

--------------------
Alex

+Quote Post
Heather
post 12th Oct 2014, 06:15pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
Lubbock, the cousin of my American bro-in-law saw the plane hit the Pentagon.
He was standing at his office window when he saw the plane and thought it was flying too low, and when it hit the Pentagon he could hardly believe what he was seeing.

I am not speaking about a silly teenager, but about a grown up well educated man who knows what he saw.

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post
irrie
post 13th Oct 2014, 07:35am
Post #10

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,735
I love conspiracy theories.9 out of 10 are probably rubbish but they make life more interesting.

+Quote Post
ktv
post 13th Oct 2014, 08:24am
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,730
ye I agree irrie

they make it sound convincing enough right enough and "some" of it is probably closer to the truth than the official story.

as for mobile phones on planes, regardless if they interfere with systems or not (they don't and never have btw) a mobile phone needs to be within a certain distance from a land based antenna which is mostly the reason they don't work at 35000 feet, but youl get a signal if your low enough and over a populated area so making a call would be easily done.

+Quote Post
wombat
post 27th Apr 2016, 09:58pm
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (ktv @ 13th Oct 2014, 08:24am) *
ye I agree irrie

they make it sound convincing enough right enough and "some" of it is probably closer to the truth than the official story.

rolleyes.gif https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnnlM_Ws0t4 rolleyes.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
*Talisman*
post 28th Apr 2016, 09:42pm
Post #13

QUOTE (Alex MacPhee @ 12th Oct 2014, 05:49pm) *
David Griffin is an old hand at making saleable books out of conspiracy theories. These books will continue to appear, and ring the cash registers, even though all their claims have been debunked and shown to be wrong. The New Pearl Harbor repeats the same stuff that shows Griffin has virtually no grasp of engineering or mechanics or physics ; not surprising, perhaps, when his field is theology and religion. Pentagon hole not big enough for a plane? Not true. Griffin claims a 125ft wide plane can't go through an 18ft hole. Griffin expects an aircraft hitting a wall to behave like a cartoon character going through a wall, and leaving a cartoon-shaped hole. The 125ft width includes the wingspan, and the wings were ripped off and destroyed by reinforced columns in the Pentagon. The hole left by the fuselage wasn't 18ft wide, it was 90ft across, which Griffin would have known about had he bothered to study the the investigation report compiled by the American Structural and Civil Engineering Society.

I'm afraid there's piles of this junk, in all sorts of conspiracy web sites, which quote each other circularly, like '911truth'. (It may appear overly skeptical on my part, but I use a rule of thumb that any web site with the word 'truth' embedded in it, is anything but!)

I am in full agreement with you on this matter. Dan Brown on re-writing the history of the world with the usual collection of obvious "truths" made a fortune from, not just the gullible, but from pseudo educated (yes my brain can see through all this) morons who set of in world wide quests to find their own Holy Grail. If it appears in print and some one published it, it must be true. Especially if it makes me (the postulant of hysteria) have a modicum of self importance to discuss that which science and education would not even envisage refuting.

+Quote Post
*Talisman*
post 2nd May 2016, 06:42pm
Post #14

Total lies to convince the frivolous minded and lusting after sensation (oh the experts don't know everything brigade of educational failures) at the same time making money from the gullible and also rans in the human race who would hope to see their ignorance justified and their hatred for all things American and Jewish ( it has been proved by French media hacks that 9/11 was a contrived plot by the C.I.A and Mossad to discredit the real terrorists sponsored by Islamic fundamentalists and and the ruling dictatorship of Wahabists of Saudi Arabia).

There is nothing but shame at the end of those straws, grasped by "sleekit conspiracy theorists" who denigrate the survivors and the victims to make themselves appear to have the arcane knowledge that sets them apart from normal minded people.

+Quote Post
wombat
post 2nd May 2016, 08:57pm
Post #15

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
rolleyes.gif so you believe the FBI's bullsh.t about finding the passport of one of the hijackers in the rubble while everything and everyone else was dust ?.then theres building 6 with a huge crater,gold bullion looted from vault, then building 7 collapses in controlled demolition?

aye right rolleyes.gif https://www.metabunk.org/wtc-6-what-happened-there.t1809/

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.