Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nasa, Earthlike planet discovery imminent
TeeHeeHee
post 3rd May 2015, 04:11pm
Post #211

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Thanks guys ... got this page up to A3 size now tongue.gif
Treatment Looks promising but those Lady doctors are keepong the promises at a professional Level biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zascot
post 4th May 2015, 02:25pm
Post #212

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 612
Hope things work out THH. If its any help I had a very bad retina detachment(90%) a few years ago and they filled the eye with gas, made me sit still for a week then reattached the retina and it seems to be successful, hold thumbs, I have lost a bit of peripheral vision but I had an eye test today for my drivers licence which we renew every 5 years and it was OK. Anyway holding thumbs for an improvement in your sight.

--------------------
Take only photos. Leave only footprints. Kill only time.

+Quote Post
Rab
post 4th May 2015, 08:19pm
Post #213

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,266
I have not read this thread for a while, but reading ittonight, I am reminded of space and experiments, including this one which made me fall off my chair laughing.

On 1 April 1976, Patrick Moore, the TV astronomer stated to radio listeners that an astronomical event would take place at 9:47 a.m. that day, a conjunction of Jupiter and Pluto, which was expected to have an effect observable everywhere. As Pluto passed behind Jupiter, it would briefly cause a powerful combination of the two planets' gravitation which would noticeably decrease gravity on Earth. If listeners were to jump into the air at that exact moment, they would find they felt a floating sensation.

Soon after 9:47 on that morning, the BBC began to receive hundreds of telephone calls from people reporting they had observed the decrease in gravity. One woman who called in even stated that she and eleven friends had been sitting and had been "wafted from their chairs and orbited gently around the room".

--------------------
Back to using my original name... Rab

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 4th May 2015, 10:32pm
Post #214

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 3rd May 2015, 05:28pm) *
Thanks guys ... got this page up to A3 size now :P
Treatment Looks promising but those Lady doctors are keepong the promises at a professional Level :D

Hello TeeHeeHee

Just want to add my good wishes to those you have already received. I always look forward to your posts; you've got a sense of humour that appeals to me.

All the best

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 5th May 2015, 08:34am
Post #215

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (Rab @ 4th May 2015, 09:36pm) *
I have not read this thread for a while, but reading ittonight, I am reminded of space and experiments, including this one which made me fall off my chair laughing.

On 1 April 1976, Patrick Moore, the TV astronomer stated to radio listeners that an astronomical event would take place at 9:47 a.m. that day, a conjunction of Jupiter and Pluto, which was expected to have an effect observable everywhere. As Pluto passed behind Jupiter, it would briefly cause a powerful combination of the two planets' gravitation which would noticeably decrease gravity on Earth. If listeners were to jump into the air at that exact moment, they would find they felt a floating sensation.

Soon after 9:47 on that morning, the BBC began to receive hundreds of telephone calls from people reporting they had observed the decrease in gravity. One woman who called in even stated that she and eleven friends had been sitting and had been "wafted from their chairs and orbited gently around the room".

Rab, that event appears to occur around here almost every Friday and Saturday night, I can hardly hold onto my whisky glass laugh.gif

Tomi, sorry to hear of your woes. We've missed your contributions and I wish you well on the treatment front yes.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 5th May 2015, 08:39am
Post #216

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
Must have been the space dust popping in their heads.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 8th Sep 2017, 09:09pm
Post #217

Mega City Key Holder
In the interest of keeping things on an interesting level where possible and in memory of Rabbie Stirling ...

Attached Image

... who started this thread :-

The Story of Voyager I and Voyager II and the immortality of Check Berry wink.gif

"You, and every one and every thing that ever lived or ever will live ...
... are here".

Carl Sagan

(who pushed the Mission administrators to turn the vovager to take one last picture of the planets on it's last lap out of the solar system and got this picture of the little blue dot in a sunbeam)

Attached Image

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 8th Sep 2017, 09:29pm
Post #218

Mega City Key Holder
... by the way, to all those who wished me well with the eye problem - thanks; and didn't we do well biggrin.gif
The biggest oroblem was the "squiggles" which didn't bode well for my future: Solid lines like TV frames, door frames and straight lines in the middle of the road had big squiggles ... but that's all a thing of the past tongue.gif An interserting 12 months with a very arresting result biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 15th Sep 2017, 09:44am
Post #219

Mega City Key Holder
Anytime within the next hour it's Goodby Cassini; one amazing spacecraft as it finally dives into Saturn's atmosphere yes.gif

Live Stream (simulation)

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 15th Sep 2017, 09:44am
Post #220

Mega City Key Holder
... double postings are becoming the norm I think laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

Visit My Website

--------------------

+Quote Post
angel
post 15th Sep 2017, 05:49pm
Post #221

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 15th Sep 2017, 09:44am) *
Anytime within the next hour it's Goodby Cassini; one amazing spacecraft as it finally dives into Saturn's atmosphere yes.gif

Live Stream (simulation)

Yes it was an amazing spacecraft ,it had been sending information
to Nasa for I think about 14yrs and kept doing so
during its death throws onto the Planet 'Saturn '

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.