Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

30 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Political Correctness Craziness Must Stop!, Examples of political correctness
Cash-Ma-Giro
post 2nd Oct 2009, 05:37pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,023
This Craziness MUST Stop.

Wifey came home and told me about this. We don't buy the Daily Record so I went on-line to have a read.

Quote from today's Daily Record (perhaps you read it yourself)....
Anger as prison thugs are awarded 2100 compensation - for saying guards hurt their feelings.

THREE vicious thugs who whined that prison guards hurt their feelings by putting them in solitary confinement are to be paid 2100 compensation each from the taxpayer.

UNBELIEVABLE

For the first time in my life I wish there was an uprising, an uprising against this PC lunacy.

It really has to stop, hasn't it?

--------------------
Remember, just above those clouds,
the sun is always shining.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 2nd Oct 2009, 07:59pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 413
'He told the Record: "I never gave up because I didn't want them to get away with what they did to me. They breached my human rights.'

What about his human responsibilities?

+Quote Post
Cash-Ma-Giro
post 3rd Oct 2009, 05:48pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Rab @ 2nd Oct 2009, 10:04pm) *
'He told the Record: "I never gave up because I didn't want them to get away with what they did to me. They breached my human rights.'

What about his human responsibilities?

Spot on Rab. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
carmella
post 3rd Oct 2009, 06:19pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
You know my blood boils every time I hear this sort of thing.

Now in this case we are talking about prisoners.

They didn't stop to think about the human rights of their victims, did they?

--------------------
Silence is a true friend who never betrays.

Confucius - Chinese Philosopher - [551bc-479bc]

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 3rd Oct 2009, 07:12pm
Post #5

And because we are talking about prisoners do we abdicate all responsibility and allow Her Majesty's Prison Service to operate without the checks and balances imposed by the rule of law?

It seems to me that could lead to the situation we saw in Stalin's Gulags.

+Quote Post
Heather
post 3rd Oct 2009, 07:42pm
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
Carmella, I agree with what you said. My husband and I said the same when we heard it on the news on Thursday night.

It would seem that criminals have more rights than their victims.

Once again the Government say they are bringing in Legislation to limit these claims to one year after the prisoners have been in isolation.
It would be better if the Government discarded this Human Rights Law, because the only one's who seem to profit from it are criminals and their Lawyers.

It was reported in the Record today that a serial burglar accused a Judge of giving him too long a sentence. The burglar was given 5 years and the Judge said: " Because you may harbour a grievance I'm prepared to reduce the sentence to 4 1/2 years". wub.gif

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post
Catherine
post 3rd Oct 2009, 07:52pm
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 57
No they didnae Carmella.....which is why they're in the Jail is it no biggrin.gif

Hate to be the one to say it in this instance because I really agree with everyone here...BUT..
Two wrongs don't make a right.

I don't see this as anything to do with PC, it's a Human Rights issue the way I see it, and if we're jailing those who violate this then those Guards should have known better.

Folks need to start practising what they're preaching, especially those in Authority.

Just my opinion biggrin.gif

--------------------
Oh ahv jist fun anither button...

+Quote Post
Cash-Ma-Giro
post 4th Oct 2009, 12:06am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Catherine @ 3rd Oct 2009, 09:57pm) *
I don't see this as anything to do with PC, it's a Human Rights issue the way I see it,

Good thing to point out Catherine, so let me clarify things as I see it.

From my point of view, both PC and HR's brigade sit in the same box, they tick each others boxes. They exasperate the majority of today's society with their negative announcements. They are not, as they believe themselves to be doing, pronouncing positive statements that will effect society for the better.

Both brigades are a namby-pamby, negative effect, section of society. If it was within both their remit, each would have pressed, for example, the requirement to kill off the loving and innocent good old Gollywog doll that all children of my generation, along with the few of today's younger generation who managed to get a hold of one, enjoyed.
Not one child in their innocence in either generation (old or new) thought anything bad or negative regarding the Gollywog doll (that I'm using as an example) until it was brought to their attention.

Look in any playground of a mixed race school today and each child will be seen to play happily with each other not seeing any difference between either skin colour.....until it is brought to their attention.

Each "Brigade" shattered the innocence of today's generation. and brought about a negativity between skin colours.

I've never read, heard or spoken to anyone who accept both brigade's philosophy as being one of good on this earth. We did without them and enjoyed. We were innocent, and skin colour was exactly that, skin deep. And that was all it was.

Now that was not, repeat not, an attack against you Catherine. smile.gif

Here endeth the first lesson. biggrin.gif

Shalom.

Cash.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Heather
post 4th Oct 2009, 02:49am
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
I don't see how ' two wrongs don't make a right' applies in this instance. In fact it's a silly thing to say.

If a person commits a crime and gets sent to Prison, then that is right.
If while they are in Prison they cause further trouble and attack Prison Wardens then get put into Solitary Confinement, then that is also right.

Do you think they should be given 100 lines instead: I must learn to behave myself.
That would teach them a lesson, wouldn't it. Aye right.
But then of course they could seek compensation for writers cramp.

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post
Catherine
post 4th Oct 2009, 03:51am
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
Thanks Cash...and thank you for highlighting yer no cuttin me aff laugh.gif

I agree with many of your points..in fact them all...up to a point.

The point changes for me per say when we are still 'golliwogin' the issue..when the Gollowog issue has become derogatory in todays world.
The Grandparents of Black descent did not have a voice, their Grandchildren sure do, and they speak for the Grandparents along with themselves when they take offence.

Fair enough.

Was the Golliwog meant as offensive? No..I don't think so...but now that it's pointed out how much it offends it's no big deal for me to say Hey Sorry..no offence meant..remove it and move on having learned a bit more sensitivity towards another Human Being.
There is no big deal here.....I never even hud wan!

Heather I only try to join in on Discussions with my own perception of how I see it.
No need to say 'it's silly'...I think that's rude...but having said that I get it that you're just answering the Reply in the moment so to speak.
No offence meant.

Just my opinion. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Catherine
post 4th Oct 2009, 03:51am
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
Cripes sorree...jist wan of those double Postings....nae point in ye readin ma tripe twice laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
penny dainty
post 4th Oct 2009, 06:47am
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,591
commit the crime , do the time and dont expect it gift wrapped.What do these people want eh?

--------------------
Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 4th Oct 2009, 09:50am
Post #13

I wonder if this Board could be described as politically correct as its first rule is:

Do not post messages which are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable.

Would we all be allowed to post our favourite racist jokes on this board, for example?

+Quote Post
Cash-Ma-Giro
post 4th Oct 2009, 03:59pm
Post #14

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Guest @ 4th Oct 2009, 11:55am) *
I wonder if this Board could be described as politically correct as its first rule is:
Would we all be allowed to post our favourite racist jokes on this board, for example?

Do you have any favourite racist jokes?

I would have thought a lot more of you if you had come right out and stated; This Board is a "Politically Correct" Board.

You know very well why GGDB have to cover themselves by issuing rules, particularly the one you allude to in your statement.

Cash.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim D
post 4th Oct 2009, 07:49pm
Post #15

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 91
QUOTE (Cash-Ma-Giro @ 2nd Oct 2009, 07:42pm) *
This Craziness MUST Stop.

Wifey came home and told me about this. We don't buy the Daily Record so I went on-line to have a read.

Quote from today's Daily Record (perhaps you read it yourself)....
Anger as prison thugs are awarded 2100 compensation - for saying guards hurt their feelings.

THREE vicious thugs who whined that prison guards hurt their feelings by putting them in solitary confinement are to be paid 2100 compensation each from the taxpayer.

UNBELIEVABLE

For the first time in my life I wish there was an uprising, an uprising against this PC lunacy.

It really has to stop, hasn't it?

The compensation has not been paid because the prison service believe they are in the wrong. It was paid out because it is cheaper to pay 2100 than spend 10 times that fighting the case through the courts. The SPS would require to defend the action and pay their costs. On the other hand, the prisoner can apply for Legal Aid and his costs would be met by the Legal Aid Board. It was published recently that the Legal aid bill in Scotland for 2008 was 150,000,000! a saving of 5,000,000 from 2007!

--------------------
Jim D

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit - NO man is at all hours wise.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.