Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

293 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 3 V
john.mcn
post 3rd Sep 2015, 06:02pm
Post #166

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 3rd Sep 2015, 05:49pm) *
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland

Another one for the 'No/Leave' camp. sad.gif

The EU aren't doing themselves any favours are they. Minimum pricing is a good thing that will hopefully benefit peoples health but Big Brother says maybe not, if only 'we' could control alcohol duty

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 3rd Sep 2015, 10:08pm
Post #167

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 3rd Sep 2015, 07:10pm) *
The EU aren't doing themselves any favours are they. Minimum pricing is a good thing that will hopefully benefit peoples health but Big Brother says maybe not, if only 'we' could control alcohol duty

Take note, Jagz.

There writes a consistent supporter of Scottish Independence.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 4th Sep 2015, 08:29am
Post #168

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 3rd Sep 2015, 06:49pm) *
Post #1 reveals the SNP opposition to the EU Ref, and the Party wouldn't have taken this position if it believed that the Ref was good for Scotland. Don't you agree?

Opposing something is one thing, but making up lies and scare sories to frighten the gullable into voting your way are two different things entirly.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 4th Sep 2015, 08:35am
Post #169

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 3rd Sep 2015, 11:16pm) *
Take note, Jagz.

There writes a consistent supporter of Scottish Independence.

I agree with John on this, so why should i take note? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 4th Sep 2015, 03:31pm
Post #170

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 4th Sep 2015, 09:43am) *
I agree with John on this, so why should i take note? unsure.gif

Unlike John and unlike your recent Yes to Independence, this time you're prepared to put up with and vote in favour of these sorts of decisions continuing to be made by the Union. yes.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 4th Sep 2015, 06:11pm
Post #171

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 4th Sep 2015, 04:39pm) *
Unlike John and unlike your recent Yes to Independence, this time you're prepared to put up with and vote in favour of these sorts of decisions continuing to be made by the Union. yes.gif

That makes as much sense as one of your graphs. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 4th Sep 2015, 08:17pm
Post #172

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 4th Sep 2015, 07:19pm) *
That makes as much sense as one of your graphs. laugh.gif

But that's your position.

+Quote Post
*Tally Rand*
post 5th Sep 2015, 05:03pm
Post #173

QUOTE (john.mcn @ 11th Aug 2015, 08:12pm) *
What the political parties say or support does not really mean anything to the man/woman on the street. When it comes to the EU and where people think it's heading ( a superstate) every conversation i hear around it results in people wanting out.

This is the "Super State" envisioned by Augustus Caesar, Napoleon, and Adolf Hitler. They also neglected to take the opinion of the conquered nations into account when issuing their "diktats".

+Quote Post
carmella
post 5th Sep 2015, 05:55pm
Post #174

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (Tally Rand @ 5th Sep 2015, 06:11pm) *
This is the "Super State" envisioned by Augustus Caesar, Napoleon, and Adolf Hitler. They also neglected to take the opinion of the conquered nations into account when issuing their "diktats".

When have the opinions of 'ra peeple' ever mattered? Certainly, the leaders of each nation had more say than the people did, or ever would.

There are things about being part of the EU that some think are good. For me personally, I dislike the fact that they tell us what to do, what kind of measuring system we should have (bring back feet and inches I say) and temperatures. One good thing I'll say about America is that they still have feet and inches and temperatures in Farenheit - good on them.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Sep 2015, 12:08pm
Post #175

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

oops wrong thread.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 7th Sep 2015, 11:10pm
Post #176

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Sep 2015, 08:16pm) *
How come we don't have the usual suspects who constantly bombarded the independence referendum thread with non stop doom and gloom posts of how the referendum was causing uncertainty and companies were unwilling to invest and the country was on hold etc, etc, etc, posting now? unsure.gif
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 4th Sep 2015, 09:37am) *
Opposing something is one thing, but making up lies and scare sories to frighten the gullable into voting your way are two different things entirly.

A near 50/50% split across the UK, according to a recent poll, says the SNP policy of opposing this referendum was wrong.

For some, 45% is good enough for a badge!

If it's not on the SNP agenda then it doesn't matter to the Party, even if it matters to the people (as indicated by poll after poll).

If the SNP continues not to take this Ref seriously - seeing it (as the Party does most things) through the telescope of an independent Scotland - then the Party might end up on the wrong side of a referendum defeat for the second time in Scotland in succession.

QUOTE (Stephen Gethins, SNP Europe spokesman in Westminster @ 7th Sept, 2015)
Scotland should not be ripped out of the EU against its will which is why the SNP called for a double-majority safeguard to be added to the EU referendum - so the decision should be dependent on all four UK nations.

Membership of the EU will continue to have a positive impact on jobs and Scotland’s economy.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 7th Sep 2015, 11:34pm
Post #177

Mega City Key Holder
To date, Jagz, apart from sporadic low-key warnings about jobs and the economy such like that from the SNP spokesperson above, the main argument being used by the SNP in the debate appears to be that the Party's expectation of a Scottish vote to remain set against a RUK vote to leave the EU would justify calling for a second Scottish Indy Ref. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th Sep 2015, 07:33am
Post #178

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 8th Sep 2015, 12:42am) *
To date, Jagz, apart from sporadic low-key warnings about jobs and the economy such like that from the SNP spokesperson above, the main argument being used by the SNP in the debate appears to be that the Party's expectation of a Scottish vote to remain set against a RUK vote to leave the EU would justify calling for a second Scottish Indy Ref. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

If Scotland votes to stay in the EU and England votes to leave the EU then in my opinion a second referendum should be called, after all, the NO camp wheeled out Barroso and anyone else they could find to repeat their scare stories of how an independent Scotland would be kicked out the EU and busnesses would pack up and leave in droves if we were thrown out of a union that has 500 million people.

You Britnats can't have it both ways (the forked tongue i referred to in an previous post) although history proves you have. yes.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th Sep 2015, 07:44am
Post #179

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 8th Sep 2015, 12:42am) *
Scottish vote to remain set against a RUK vote to leave the EU

Just out of intrest kem, if Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland were to vote to remain in the EU but England votes to leave, would you say England voted NO but the RUK voted YES?

Or do You (like most unionist do) view England as the UK?

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 8th Sep 2015, 09:37am
Post #180

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 8th Sep 2015, 08:41am) *
You Britnats can't have it both ways (the forked tongue i referred to in an previous post) although history proves you have. yes.gif
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 8th Sep 2015, 08:52am) *
Or do You (like most unionist do) view England as the UK?

'Britnat'... 'Unionist'...

Can't we both just be Scottish, for a change? It would save a lot of unnecessary aggro.

I haven't and won't be labelling you according to your position in this debate, however I am pointing out to you that your argument would seem to be at odds with what you stood for during the last referendum; a fair point, which you haven't yet addressed.

+Quote Post

293 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th Aug 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.