Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crossmyloof
jim mc crone
post 31st Jul 2007, 05:31am
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 4,917
Hi,i,m new to this forum my name is jim mc crone,moved to melbourne australia 1975, i used to go skating at crossmyloof in the late 60s-early70s friends with martin shields,anyone remember me?,i know,its along shot
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
joycewilson
post 28th Oct 2009, 09:14pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,109
Hi Jim, Welcome to the site, I dont recall your friend or yourself.
But I did have three family members work in the Ice Rink my Mum worked in the Office, as did one of my sisters and my otther sister Norma worked in the wee cafe there for years.
Hope you get lucky finding your friend, you could put a message board up with his name as the title or try friends reunited or Facebook good luck wink.gif

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 28th Oct 2009, 09:29pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,794
Ah Crossmyloof.

That's where I fell for my first wife, literally right on my erse at her feet. No thats wit ah call style. She took instant pity on me we had a wee scuttle or twa around the rink and it went from there! Was llove at first sight

That was in 73, I used to go there during skating season on most Fri nights, 71 / 75.

Must have known yer sisters in the Cafe Joyce, ah was never oot it.

--------------------
Black holes are where God divided by zero.

+Quote Post
joycewilson
post 28th Oct 2009, 09:52pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,109
Attached Image
heres a wee pic of her though it is MANY yrs later lol Rabbie

+Quote Post
Jim D
post 29th Oct 2009, 12:18am
Post #5

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 91
I used to go there at the weekends. Also went to watch the Ice hockey of a Sunday night. Loved watching these guys thinking they were hardmen, wanting to box each other while covered in heavy padding! lol

--------------------
Jim D

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit - NO man is at all hours wise.

+Quote Post
chippyjim
post 21st Nov 2009, 12:10am
Post #6

Special Visitor
Member No.: 7,529
went to the loof 1955 to 1960 used never missed even on a thursday afternoon used to give jimmy logan{yes the same one} a fag he was to try and stop it dont know if he managed if big jim is out there his mum was in the hire shop never saw him after the night in the loc get in touch big man all the best jim

+Quote Post
pumps100
post 21st Nov 2009, 12:25pm
Post #7

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,333
Crossmyloof

As a group of lads we used to go every Thursday night - this maybe 1970-1972. I had my own skates and only recently found them and had to throw them out. The music was great (I mind Stone Love by Diana Ross & a lot of Tamla) - we went principally to meet girls.

There was often a lot of fighting and I can mind often getting chased up to Shawlands Cross and jumping on a 34 bus back to Croftfoot.

In later years we bought our first flat in Waverley Gardens - wish I'd kept it!

Now the site is a Morrisons.

Regards

Ian

+Quote Post
**Fluffyfi**
post 5th Jul 2010, 12:14am
Post #8

Hi all

My mum and dad met at the ice rink. Mum was Avril Burnett and she used to go with her friend, Liz Paton. Dad's name is Lachie Macdougall.

We also knew Martin Shields but haven't seen him for years. The last I knew he was in Wishaw! Please get in touch if you remember mum, dad or Liz!

Fi

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th Mar 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.