Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

18 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No One To Vote For, Election
Kemedian
post 3rd Jun 2017, 12:23pm
Post #61

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 3rd Jun 2017, 10:15am) *
Not me then.

Seriously, who's buying that stuff??

If that's the quality of journalism we can look forward to in an independent country, it's little wonder the Tories are back in with a shout. unsure.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 4th Jun 2017, 01:14pm
Post #62

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 2nd Jun 2017, 12:14pm) *
Wednesday...
[attachment=51083:_96282328_national.jpg]

So I take it that the triple lock is designed to ignore the publics view if the SNP do not increase their vote share above 50% (what they got at the last election)

What ever happened to the Scottish people being sovereign, we seem to be getting a referendum even if the majority of the voting Scottish public reject the SNP.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 4th Jun 2017, 02:09pm
Post #63

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
https://www.grammarly.com/?q=grammar&ut...CFcoaGwod_ToLNg

Don't say I'm not good to you! laugh.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 5th Jun 2017, 10:51am
Post #64

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 3rd Jun 2017, 01:23pm) *
Seriously, who's buying that stuff??

If that's the quality of journalism we can look forward to in an independent country, it's little wonder the Tories are back in with a shout. unsure.gif

If you don't think there is poor journalists then you obviously don't read the British nationalist press then? yes.gif

Or the fact that you believe the Tories are on the way back then you probably do. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 5th Jun 2017, 11:01am
Post #65

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 4th Jun 2017, 02:14pm) *
So I take it that the triple lock is designed to ignore the publics view if the SNP do not increase their vote share above 50% (what they got at the last election)

What ever happened to the Scottish people being sovereign, we seem to be getting a referendum even if the majority of the voting Scottish public reject the SNP.

But the public voted the SNP into power, Holyrood had a democratic vote on whether there should be another referendum in which they voted to hold another one.

Thats how democracy works.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 5th Jun 2017, 08:29pm
Post #66

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 5th Jun 2017, 11:01am) *
But the public voted the SNP into power, Holyrood had a democratic vote on whether there should be another referendum in which they voted to hold another one.

Thats how democracy works.

Well I know how parliamentary democracy works which is a tad different to how it works in a referendum. You see Jagz, in a referendum the magic 50% has to be passed in a simple question ballot whereas the combined constituency vote for the SNP and Greens did not get as much, in short the majority of the public did not back them nor will they back a referendum.
There is a reason that wee Nic is not including Indy in this manifesto, she knows that she has lost support and will not match the numbers in the 2015 election. We all know that all the EU talk was just bull, the bolt on clause last year was pathetic. Who the hell is she kidding that Scots will miraculously about turn and support leaving the UK, she was targeting those EU citizens here and thats why she's hoping for a ref before the UK leaves

Two years ago she said this
"Politicians don't dictate this, the people are in charge. That's the basis of democracy."
Another of her lies to go along with 'once in a generation'... Ohh wait that was just her 'opinion' wasn't it, except the SNP put it in the white paper.

PS If the SNP put an Indy ref pledge in the 2017 manifesto and +50% backed them then no one (inc me) can stand in their way, the only argument would be the timing, that they dont do that should tell you they know they dont have the popular support.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 5th Jun 2017, 08:33pm
Post #67

Mega City Key Holder

Wee Nics asked a question that if she got full single market access to the EU would she take a referendum off the table, her answer is NO!
The EU and Brexit are just pawns, why shout about Scotland in the single market to just brush it aside. If we leave the UK for the EU then there will be a hard border on this island for the first time in hundreds of years.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
wombat
post 5th Jun 2017, 11:40pm
Post #68

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
rolleyes.gif ah nicola mi Madonna mia rolleyes.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 6th Jun 2017, 12:01am
Post #69

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 5th Jun 2017, 10:33pm) *
If we leave the UK for the EU then there will be a hard border on this island for the first time in hundreds of years.

I would imagine it would be the first time in recorded history a hard border existed for ordinary citizens. (invading armies excluded of course)

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Jun 2017, 07:40pm
Post #70

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Jun 2017, 02:38pm) *
Looks like Ruth and her followers claims of a Tory revival may have been a bit premature.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/uk-reg...d-scotland-poll

Strangely enough Jagz I seen talk of that poll and links to WoS, upon reading it and seeing he was mocking Ruth Davidsons drop I noticed that Wee Nic was not on the included image. Putting on my super sleuth hat I went investigating, well not really I just went to the ipsos mori poll and read it. There was a reason that they 'forgot' to include Wee Nics rating (as well as editing the image removing Davidsons + rating), she has dropped 18 points and has the lowest rate among the Scottish politicians(more dissatisfied than satisfied)
Now my view on polls has not changed, asking a few hundred, or thousand, people cannot accurately gauge millions of individuals views unless you view them as sheeple. Take them for what they are, the views of those who were asked.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Jun 2017, 07:48pm
Post #71

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 6th Jun 2017, 12:01am) *
I would imagine it would be the first time in recorded history a hard border existed for ordinary citizens. (invading armies excluded of course)

Quite possible Dave. I still cant figure out why some people think Scotland can leave the UK. join the EU and then dictate terms to the other 27. Any trade deal (or none) between the EU and UK will also apply to new entrants to the EU, if its a bad deal then cross border trade and movement will suffer. I dont know anyone who hops across to the continent for work but I do know people who carry out work in England as part of business contracts, that will suffer or even stop.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Jun 2017, 08:10pm
Post #72

Mega City Key Holder

No doubt an audience full of yoon traitors wink.gif

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 6th Jun 2017, 09:48pm
Post #73

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 6th Jun 2017, 09:48pm) *
Quite possible Dave. I still cant figure out why some people think Scotland can leave the UK. join the EU and then dictate terms to the other 27. Any trade deal (or none) between the EU and UK will also apply to new entrants to the EU, if its a bad deal then cross border trade and movement will suffer. I dont know anyone who hops across to the continent for work but I do know people who carry out work in England as part of business contracts, that will suffer or even stop.

"Any trade deal (or none) between the the EU and UK, will also apply to new entrants to the EU."
I've heard it all now!

Professor TeeHeeHee , where are you?

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 6th Jun 2017, 09:50pm
Post #74

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 6th Jun 2017, 10:10pm) *
No doubt an audience full of yoon traitors wink.gif

Nae doot aboot it. You recognise your own kind.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 7th Jun 2017, 10:29am
Post #75

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 6th Jun 2017, 08:40pm) *
Putting on my super sleuth hat I went investigating, well not really I just went to the ipsos mori poll and read it. There was a reason that they 'forgot' to include Wee Nics rating (as well as editing the image removing Davidsons + rating), she has dropped 18 points and has the lowest rate among the Scottish politicians(more dissatisfied than satisfied)

If Ruths party gets outvoted by Wee Nics party will you eat your "super sleuth hat"?

You didn't buy your magic hat off a fellow called Warburton did you? unsure.gif

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Sep 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.