Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First Car Bought, What car did you have
stuarty
post 29th Oct 2005, 05:33pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,972
when I passed my test in1989 my ex hubby bought me a morris countryman sprayed apache pink and he put a1300 engine in it and it was a cracker except when you went over 40 the car rattled what a bone shaker and one day when it rained I was driving up the road and put the wipers on and one went flying off i nearly crashed as I could not stop laughing and my ex use to do cars up for a hobby i have bled more breakes than a crash test dummy but I have a passion for classic cars I would love the old gangsers cars with the running boards and we use to own a fiat 500 and the best one we owned and did up before we split was a standared vanguard with laugh.gif the long seat at the front memories a wish i was born in the 20ies in AMERICA ONLY FOR THE CARS but if anybody has an old austin healy kiking about im your woman

--------------------
gie me a wee minite
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jakka13
post 29th Oct 2005, 07:20pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,815
Stuarty your a girl after my own heart .I love the older cars . We had family cars over here but the first one I bought just for me was an old Pacer. The body was fake wood and I decided to get it refinished as it had a great engine . A guy my husband worked with said his brother in-law fixed up cars and would give us a good deal ,so I took it to him .He said he would put all new metal and do a paint job for me . I got it back and it looked great ,however as the months went by it turned out instead of putting new metal he had just used body filler and painted over it . It began to rust and crumble away . I turned a blind eye as I loved my wee car until one day a girl at work said I should name my car Grettle as I left a trail of crumbs behind me where ever I went . I bit the bullet and bought a Firefly .

--------------------
Auld but Still Game.

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 30th Oct 2005, 03:09pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
kamon you mus remember your first car smile.gif

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post
tammy
post 30th Oct 2005, 03:16pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,054
I had a tiny little white Toyota Corolla and at the time I loved it because it was all mine! It was a piece of junk. I've had a few cars now, but I have been driving a 1991 Honda CRV now for a long time.

+Quote Post
davyab44
post 31st Oct 2005, 12:20am
Post #5

City Key Holder
Member No.: 429
O.K. Stuarty, you talked me into it.....my first was a 1964 Ford Falcon Futura (Ah know yuv never heard o' it) ...A lovely wee thing it wiz....well it wiz a wee caur fur Canada

It was a mid blue 2 door hardtop ..automatic floor shift with bucket seats

Unfortunately in early April 1970 a chap came through a stop sign and I wrote off ma furst wee caur....loved that thing so a did unsure.gif

--------------------
Here's tae us, wha's like us? Damn few an' they're a' deid

+Quote Post
ElaineMcFarlane
post 31st Oct 2005, 09:42am
Post #6

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 897
I dont drive yet - but i've always wanted a volkswagon camper van

--------------------
There are three things everyone should do every day.
Number one is laugh.
Number two is think -- spend some time in thought.
Number three, you should have your emotions move you to tears.
If you laugh, think and cry, that's a heck of a day.

+Quote Post
quester
post 31st Oct 2005, 10:10am
Post #7

Resident
Member No.: 2,094
For a number of years after we were married we were so poor that we could not afford a car. My Father-in-Law, a brilliant engineer, used his son's car as his son was at sea. It was an old Standard Vanguaed Estate with a column change. When his son came ashore he had to buy one so he bought a Simca, bright blue, from a fella up the Drive. Then his father died and he came into some money so he bought a new Vauxhall Viva and gave us the Simca. It was a left hand drive which I found surprisingly easy to use. F-in-L had patiently scraped the bright blue paint off to find a lovely beige underneath. I still have pics of the Vanguard, Viva and Simca. We went all over in that car.

Happy memories.

--------------------
the urban spaceman = floating on a moonbeam

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 31st Oct 2005, 10:29am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
vanguard was souppie simca we never had viva the twins got travelsicknes how we got somany cars when people got posted overseas alec my ex always got first refusal as they knew it was his passion at one time AOAC was inspecting the camp and my ex had 3 raf garages and 9 cars belonging to us and we had to get rid of 6 of the cars what a desision whitch cars to let go god what a desision the moggie traveller went and the cortina mark2 went a loved that car also it was ltd edition plum with a gold stripe and feit 500 went and toledo went and hillman imp broke oor hearts and we gave up for a little while but the bug came back my exhubby still does it but the wife he has now only allows hime 1day a month awe in that a shame !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT i think he got his comuppance stil they where poor but happy days wub.gif

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post
Angela Chick
post 31st Oct 2005, 10:42am
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,713
Och stuarty thats no fair ye know a canny drive laugh.gif only kidding, but if god is my witness am gonna do something about it soon

--------------------
Tell it like it is

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 31st Oct 2005, 01:52pm
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
i was about 31 and 5 tests later i passed so anybody can if i can angela chick wub.gif

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post
big tommy
post 31st Oct 2005, 02:46pm
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,304
My first car was in the Army in 1948. It was a a Humber Snipe .I also drove a jeep ,but when it was blown up in italy ,i never went into a car for another 20 years . Eventually I bought a wee blue Mini in 1972 and have had about 5 changes from then .Now i drive Gold colour Vauxhall Corsa Design .Automatic gear box .
Tommy

--------------------
ah try ma best

+Quote Post
big tommy
post 31st Oct 2005, 02:48pm
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,304
My first car was in the Army in 1948. It was a a Humber Snipe .I also drove a jeep ,but when it was blown up in italy ,i never went into a car for another 20 years . Eventually I bought a wee blue Mini in 1972 and have had about 5 changes from then .Now i drive Gold colour Vauxhall Corsa Design .Automatic gear box .
By the way I was 18 when I drove the Humber
Tommy

--------------------
ah try ma best

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 31st Oct 2005, 04:44pm
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
big black car for taking hier ranks about in asuppose tongue.gif

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 31st Oct 2005, 05:40pm
Post #14

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 413
1937 Morris 8. No floor. Wings used to flap over 30mph. Had to remember to avoid puddles. Back seat was an exercise in invention when winchin!. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sarah
post 31st Oct 2005, 05:59pm
Post #15

Settling In
Member No.: 763
QUOTE (davyab44 @ 30th Oct 2005, 07:37 PM)
my first was a 1964 Ford Falcon Futura (

Davey and mine was also only green

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.