Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1408 Pages V  « < 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
JAGZ1876
post 7th Mar 2018, 10:14pm
Post #20971

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (carmella @ 7th Mar 2018, 10:02pm) *
Hi Jags, - there is no 'finally admit' to deal with, I have always known.

I can't wait for Brexit to finally come, although I will probably be deed and burit long afore it happens.

Oooops wrong thread - still never mind eh!

You... so you always knew the difference between Scotland in the UK and how it would be as an independent nation in the EU. yes.gif

If you don't have long to live then why do you want your family that will be left to suffer the fall out of the disaster that is your Brexit?

I'd love to buy you dinner (obviously not Chinese) to discuss your views. wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 8th Mar 2018, 02:00pm
Post #20972

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Wings over Scotland hits the nail on the head, as usual:-

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-cupid-stunt/

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 11th Mar 2018, 02:13pm
Post #20973

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
We would be having a dinner that lasted hours. I tried to click on the 'quote', however, as with other features on the GG I have been unable to use it for a long time, and I can't be bothered changing my browser which works fine with the many other sites I'm on.

Hmmmm, maybe we have Chinese gremlines at my end - wouldn't surprise me.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 12th Mar 2018, 07:23pm
Post #20974

Mega City Key Holder
Attached Image

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 19th Mar 2018, 07:27pm
Post #20975

Mega City Key Holder
https://barrheadboy.wordpress.com/2018/03/1...impression=true

More for my fans! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wombat
post 19th Mar 2018, 08:08pm
Post #20976

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
thumbup.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 23rd Apr 2018, 04:11pm
Post #20977

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
If you only get your news from the Scottish media you'll not have heard about this. angry.gif

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/ap...rs-homelessness

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 25th May 2018, 06:44pm
Post #20978

Mega City Key Holder
Today I've heard a lot from Unionists putting Scotland down.
The old story of too wee too small too Stupid.
And actually if Scotland doesn't vote for Indy next time they might have a point😣
Scots are always told we are a financial burden that we are paid for by the mainly English population that has come to signify the true voice of Anti Independence sentiment😣
We are told it's our fault the national debt is high we get far to much from the Barnett formula!
Truth is Scotland is the only region of the UK making the UK money.
We trade at profit we export more than we import to the tune of 4.7 Billion.
Down South in deepest London it tells a different story.
England don't trade at profit they have a deficit of -122 Billion they import more than they export.
Not very conducive in terms of Brexit and even more stupid when in deficit to cut trading relations with the World's biggest trading zone.

As for the Barnett formula it doesn't account for resources stolen and as a Scots man I would rather have 100% control of our Oil Gas Whisky and Alcohol industries.
Another thing the Barnett formula gets cut every year.
Yet Scotland is in profit🤔🤔🤔
Yes that's right when the cost of living has risen to 35% the pound has fallen all because of a made up word of Brexit yet the Barnett formula doesn't reflect that.

Again the Queen allowance was increased and the Queen was recently given 470 million to do up her Council house.
Because do you really expect the Queen to nip over to Barbados and take some off shore change out her off shore accounts😣
Witch is regularly topped up by the UK tax payer!
Don't forget 1 family in London get more money than 5.4 million Scots!

The National debt is nothing to do with Scotland.
Scotland doesn't lose money it makes money🤔
Scotland can't borrow and has no say how much is borrowed and where it is spent🤔

The Bank of England Governor in 2014 told us we can't have the pound.
It's partly ours but we can't have it😠
Fast forward 4 years and he's encouraging a shared pound in the event of Scottish independence.
I say NO let's have our own currency because no newly independent country should have to shoulder the responsibility of 3 failing UK economies!

So truth be told Scotland has managed to protect its people better with only 18% control compared to Westmonster with 100% control we don't cost money we are the only country making money!

This is before Brexit has even started.
So next time a unionist or Arrogant Anti Independence English man or woman tells you Scotland is too small too Stupid.
Ask what does the Union bring to the Table?
Ask who will make up the 4.7 Billion black hole?

They forget they can't use the arrogance of 2014 they still think they own us and we will do as we were told!

They are in for a big surprise today because the Growth report shows that Independence over Brexit is not just the morally best option for Scots it's financially the best option for Scots!

So over to you Theresa May to save the Union you need to convince Scots that Brexit will be a better option than Independence.
She can't convince her own Party so I don't see her having much luck🤗

2014 was a Political want the next ref is a constitutional must lose that we lose our Parliament our EU status our economy probably...
Win independence we lose none of that we gain powers and control and given how well our Government in Holyrood has done we have a much better outlook and a Party that Delivers!

So Independence is close and this time we have the high ground the advantage the momentum.
This time the Union can't say we will be better off!
We can get Independence in fact we will claim independence.
Soar Alba

--------------------

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 3rd Jun 2018, 12:37pm
Post #20979

Mega City Key Holder
An open letter to Oliver Mundell MSP

Dear Mr Mundell
I note that you consider the March for Independence held here in Dumfries to be both a waste of time and an affront to the people of Dumfries. You also indicated that the large numbers were due to people being bussed in to the town.
I would ask you to note that yesterday`s march, by the way, was not a protest, it was a very public display of support for an independent Scotland, something which neither you nor your Westminster colleague the Secretary of State for Scotland wish to see happen. Those attending did so voluntarily and were not coerced into attending. And were greeted in the main by a very welcoming Dumfries population-apart from the 15 union jack waving unionist supporters. I doubt if any were affronted. Indeed there was enthusiasm, support and no small measure of encouragement by those standing on the streets.
You may wish to consider why that might have been the case. Could it be that people have had enough of your party and its persistent attacks on Scotland, the denigration of our society as being too small, not clever enough and not wealthy enough to make our own decisions? Or could it be that people are fed up of jobs being exported to England-supported by your colleagues at Westminster? Might it also be the case that the constant belittling of those unfortunate enough to be poor, whilst at the same time your party is supporting tax incentives for the rich, losing files on the alleged behaviour of some of its members, giving support to the most bigoted and prejudiced political organisation on these isles and many other examples of ignoring the wider population are causing a huge change of attitude in the Scottish people.
I would also remind you that the numbers attending more accurately reflect the wishes of the wider population than do the policies of the party you represent. The numbers significantly outweigh the handful whose signatures were bought to ensure that Scotland would be put in its box to be ignored forever. And those numbers are growing with each passing day and each new disaster being visited upon us by an out of control group of your colleagues who are displaying a very limited grasp on modern society and its needs. When your party is presiding over multiple problems in Health, Education, living standards, rising racial crime and so on then we need no lessons on what constitutes a waste of time and an affront to the people. We see the evidence of rising foodbanks as a result of austerity policies. The rise of homelessness, the neglect of the elderly, the targeting of immigrants and the effect this is having on our farming industry in particular. While you and your colleagues whinge on about there being no appetite for independence it is clear to many of us that you do not have the competence to govern and therefore the need for independence is growing stronger.
Yesterday`s march was not a protest. It was a statement. Those who do not listen to what is being said risk losing their right to represent us in the future

Chick McKenna

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 4th Jun 2018, 09:30am
Post #20980

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 3rd Jun 2018, 01:37pm) *
An open letter to Oliver Mundell MSP

Dear Mr Mundell
I note that you consider the March for Independence held here in Dumfries to be both a waste of time and an affront to the people of Dumfries. You also indicated that the large numbers were due to people being bussed in to the town.
I would ask you to note that yesterday`s march, by the way, was not a protest, it was a very public display of support for an independent Scotland, something which neither you nor your Westminster colleague the Secretary of State for Scotland wish to see happen. Those attending did so voluntarily and were not coerced into attending. And were greeted in the main by a very welcoming Dumfries population-apart from the 15 union jack waving unionist supporters. I doubt if any were affronted. Indeed there was enthusiasm, support and no small measure of encouragement by those standing on the streets.
You may wish to consider why that might have been the case. Could it be that people have had enough of your party and its persistent attacks on Scotland, the denigration of our society as being too small, not clever enough and not wealthy enough to make our own decisions? Or could it be that people are fed up of jobs being exported to England-supported by your colleagues at Westminster? Might it also be the case that the constant belittling of those unfortunate enough to be poor, whilst at the same time your party is supporting tax incentives for the rich, losing files on the alleged behaviour of some of its members, giving support to the most bigoted and prejudiced political organisation on these isles and many other examples of ignoring the wider population are causing a huge change of attitude in the Scottish people.
I would also remind you that the numbers attending more accurately reflect the wishes of the wider population than do the policies of the party you represent. The numbers significantly outweigh the handful whose signatures were bought to ensure that Scotland would be put in its box to be ignored forever. And those numbers are growing with each passing day and each new disaster being visited upon us by an out of control group of your colleagues who are displaying a very limited grasp on modern society and its needs. When your party is presiding over multiple problems in Health, Education, living standards, rising racial crime and so on then we need no lessons on what constitutes a waste of time and an affront to the people. We see the evidence of rising foodbanks as a result of austerity policies. The rise of homelessness, the neglect of the elderly, the targeting of immigrants and the effect this is having on our farming industry in particular. While you and your colleagues whinge on about there being no appetite for independence it is clear to many of us that you do not have the competence to govern and therefore the need for independence is growing stronger.
Yesterday`s march was not a protest. It was a statement. Those who do not listen to what is being said risk losing their right to represent us in the future

Chick McKenna

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 4th Jun 2018, 10:03am
Post #20981

Mega City Key Holder
Hello Bilbo

Your above post reminded me of Nero. He played the fiddle while Rome was burning. You and the outgoing Spanish Government are doing the same thing.

In your case , you have been residing in Spain for some years now, but you keep going on about Scotland's independence. So while you have been doing this, your beloved Spain is falling apart. Your above post could be applied to Catalonia and the Basque region, the latter area having been subjected to bombing by the Germans and the Italians with Spanish Government approval in the late 1930's. This was to give them bombing practice for use against other European countries, including the UK in World War II.

Now that there is widespread and popular unrest in both areas of Spain, you simply ignore them. I don't see anything from you supporting the Catalans in their recent demonstrations. You can do it quite easily. There must be plenty of posts made by Catalan stalwarts on the internet, which you could post on here.

Regarding the outgoing Spanish Government, like Nero they have been caught fiddling. However, their fiddling involves big money corruption.

So unless you have the moral courage to balance the books, you will go down in the Glasgow Guide folklore as a heid banger, who knew that the country he resided in was on the brink of self destruction, but like Nero he played the fiddle. He preferred to play music about Scotland's Independence.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 4th Jun 2018, 05:08pm
Post #20982

Mega City Key Holder
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
wombat
post 4th Jun 2018, 06:37pm
Post #20983

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (DannyH @ 4th Jun 2018, 10:03am) *
Hello Bilbo

Your above post reminded me of Nero. He played the fiddle while Rome was burning. You and the outgoing Spanish Government are doing the same thing.

In your case , you have been residing in Spain for some years now, but you keep going on about Scotland's independence.

tongue.gif rubbish, its been more than a week since anyone posted on this thread.

Regarding the outgoing Spanish Government, like Nero they have been caught fiddling. However, their fiddling involves big money corruption.

laugh.gif

So unless you have the moral courage to balance the books, you will go down in the Glasgow Guide folklore as a heid banger,

laugh.gif Bwaahahahaha

Danny Harris

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 4th Jun 2018, 11:08pm
Post #20984

Mega City Key Holder
Wombat, the above post which you made, gives the impression that I wrote it. Once again, you can’t resist being childish. You and Bilbo do not have the intelligence to post anything original on this forum
He posts other people’s ramblings on the issue under discussion, and you think you are the funny man.

So once again if you have anything to say, don’t make it look as if I am the author of your childish rubbish. Have the courage to put your name to what you have written.

You and Bilbo have done an excellent job in killing the Glasgow Guide website. Any attempt by others to keep this website going have been met by ridicule by the pair of you. As far as I am concerned,both of you are welcome to have the forum all to yourselves. This means an endless input of other people’s thoughts from Bilbo, and your usual inane posts.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 5th Jun 2018, 08:09am
Post #20985

Mega City Key Holder
Wombat, Funny how a member with such on over-inflated sense of his intelligence, and pride in his ability to write his own words, has such difficulty in adhering to the topic in question, Scottish independence.

--------------------

+Quote Post

1408 Pages V  « < 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th Aug 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.