Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Donnelly-beckingham (hornell) Motherwell & Paisley, Family search
BDonnelly
post 22nd Jan 2016, 05:49pm
Post #1

Settling In
Member No.: 32,499
Hi,

I am looking for Agnes born 12 ??Lusen?? St, Motherwell 1890 to a John Beckingham and Alice Donohoe.

Other siblings that I am aware of are Eliza, Peter, Thomas and Alice.
John and Alice were from Co Armagh in N Ireland, married there and seemed to have moved to Motherwell as they are in the 1891 census.
John, 38 Kevlin St, died in 1899 at 43 Dalziel Street with Patrick Reid, son-in-law being present at his death. Patrick may have been married to Alice or Elizabeth.
John's wife Alice died in 1912 in Gangardhill.

Agnes came to Ireland and married my great uncle James Donnelly in Omagh, Co Tyrone in 1914.
They had a son Hugh in 1915 - I recall being told that he was in the merchant navy and was drowned at sea but as of yet I have no confirmation of same.
As far as I am aware they also had two other children -
James b 1917, Omagh, died in Paisley in 1985 aged 68 years with other surnames of Hornell and Milne cited on his death certificate.
Alice b 1919, Omagh, died Johnstone in 1995 aged 76 years with other surnames of Hornell and White cited on her death certificate.

My grandfather ie James's brother died when my father was 7 years of age therefore the information which I have is very limited but I believe James may have died in 1926 and Agnes returned to Scotland with her young family. Agnes did seem to stay in touch with Dads family for a while as we have a photograph of their son Hugh in his merchants navy uniform but I don't believe my dad, b1932 d1999, remembers contact with them.

It seems Agnes remarried in 1930 at Howard Street, Glasgow to a Samuel Hornell, aged 55, widower, 50 Maxwellton Road, Paisley.

Agnes died in Paisley in 1974, aged 83 years.

I would like to find descendants or if anyone out there knew of this family. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BDonnelly
post 25th Jan 2016, 11:13am
Post #2

Settling In
Hi all,

I have done further research into this family and I believe I may have found further info re James Donnelly b1917 Drum (Omagh/Fintona) Co Tyrone, N Ireland to James Donnelly and Agnes Beckingham ( Agnes remarried in 1930 to Samuel Hornell, Paisley). James died 1985, 68 yrs in Paisley with Hornell and Milne surnames cited on his death cert.

I have found (Scotland's people) a marriage for a James to a Mary Burns Milne in 1973, Paisley - this may be the James I am looking for! Does he have any descendants?!

I have also found a marriage for a Alice Donnelly b 1919 Drum (Omagh/Fintona)co Tyrone d1995, 76yrs in Johnstone, to a Samuel White in 1953, Johnstone. I have also found the birth of Samuel to a Donnelly/White in 1957, which may be a son!

There is also a Samuel White married in 1979, Port Glasgow to a Patricia McLaughlin which may be Alice and Samuel's son!

So if anyone out there can enlighten me any further it would be much appreciated.
Regards

+Quote Post
RonD
post 26th Jan 2016, 07:18pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,783
Agnes Beckingham

in the 1901 Scotland Census
Record Image Index-only record

Report issue

Name: Agnes Beckingham
Estimated birth year: abt 1892
Relationship: Sister-in-law
Where born: Motherwell, Lanarkshire
Registration Number: 639
Registration district: Dalziel
Civil Parish: Dalziel
Town: Motherwell
County: Lanarkshire
Address: 43 Dalziel St
ED: 4
Household schedule number: 103
LINE: 10
Roll: CSSCT1901_259
Household Members:
Name Age
Patrick Reid 30
Elizabeth Reid 26
Alice Beckingham 12
Agnes Beckingham 9
John Mcgee 30
Edward Boyle 20
Con Mcgee 25

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 26th Jan 2016, 07:43pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
Great job Ron!!!

+Quote Post
RonD
post 26th Jan 2016, 09:06pm
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,783
thanks!

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!

+Quote Post
BDonnelly
post 27th Jan 2016, 05:03pm
Post #6

Settling In
Thank you so much for this Ron - another piece of jigsaw in place!

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.