Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

321 Pages V  « < 301 302 303 304 305 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 3 V
JAGZ1876
post 13th Sep 2019, 04:58pm
Post #4531

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (carmella @ 13th Sep 2019, 05:43pm) *
Jagz the GGBB always keep a supply on hand of a couple of things.

SPAM & POPCORN (salted only) if you go down the corridor towards the gallery and turn right, go straight ahead towards the SHOUTBOX in the wee room just past the calendar area you’ll find a supply👍🤓👍

Why do i get the feeling this is a trap and as soon as i'm in the room you'll lock me in?

Spam and popcorn you say? 😏

It's very tempting. laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 13th Sep 2019, 05:06pm
Post #4532

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Spam and popcorn........wow....thank goodness we’ve got an expert on board rolleyes.gif

Just got to sort out the mince and tripe spouted by the PM and his cabinet yes.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Sep 2019, 05:30pm
Post #4533

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 13th Sep 2019, 06:06pm) *
Just got to sort out the mince and tripe spouted by the PM and his cabinet yes.gif

No one could swallow let alone stomach the mince and tripe they cook up Ash. yes.gif

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 14th Sep 2019, 07:18am
Post #4534

Mega City Key Holder
Talking of the PM and food, what happened to the slim guy with the tidy haircut that stood for leader of the Tory party. I would hate to be either his barber (skint) or tailor (overworked) ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
carmella
post 14th Sep 2019, 04:59pm
Post #4535

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Sep 2019, 05:58pm) *
Why do i get the feeling this is a trap and as soon as i'm in the room you'll lock me in?

Spam and popcorn you say? 😏

It's very tempting. laugh.gif

Wait and see if ashfield follows you, then I’ll shut the door LoL it’s too funny🤪🤪🤪🤪

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
wombat
post 14th Sep 2019, 07:29pm
Post #4536

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Sep 2019, 05:30pm) *
No one could swallow let alone stomach the mince and tripe they cook up Ash. yes.gif

laugh.gif baked beans should be a bonus then? laugh.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 14th Sep 2019, 08:02pm
Post #4537

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49698800

In a bid to distinguish itself from the rest of the rebel alliance at a general election, tomorrow at conference the Lib Dem leader is proposing to offer Remain voters an immediate and effective second chance to kill off Brexit, with new party policy to revoke Article 50 without holding another referendum on the issue.

It's bold, extreme even, and if confirmed tomorrow would set apart the Lib Dems as Brexit's strongest opponents. In my opinion a people's vote is the least worst alternative currently pursued by the opposition parties, because while pausing Brexit it wouldn't halt the pain of another harshly faught period of Leave versus Remain campaigning. Perhaps the people require a cooling-off period. A reset switch.

So tomorrow a vote for the Lib Dems could be about to become a direct means of stopping Brexit, if not for good then at least for some time. (This is one genie that may never see the inside of a bottle ever again sad.gif ).

Thoughts welcome.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 14th Sep 2019, 10:48pm
Post #4538

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 14th Sep 2019, 09:02pm) *

In a bid to distinguish itself from the rest of the rebel alliance at a general election, tomorrow at conference the Lib Dem leader is proposing to offer Remain voters an immediate and effective second chance to kill off Brexit, with new party policy to revoke Article 50 without holding another referendum on the issue.

It's bold, extreme even, and if confirmed tomorrow would set apart the Lib Dems as Brexit's strongest opponents. In my opinion a people's vote is the least worst alternative currently pursued by the opposition parties, because while pausing Brexit it wouldn't halt the pain of another harshly faught period of Leave versus Remain campaigning. Perhaps the people require a cooling-off period. A reset switch.

So tomorrow a vote for the Lib Dems could be about to become a direct means of stopping Brexit, if not for good then at least for some time. (This is one genie that may never see the inside of a bottle ever again sad.gif ).

Thoughts welcome.

And when the Tories win with a minority you do know Jo and the FibDems will once more jump into bed with them Kem. yes.gif

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 15th Sep 2019, 07:24am
Post #4539

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 14th Sep 2019, 09:02pm) *

Thoughts welcome.

It took me a bit of time to get my head round this as I'm still reeling from David Cameron suggesting Johnston and Gove (lied) left the truth at home during the referendum...........who knew rolleyes.gif

As for Swinson, has she used and now dumped the "rebel alliance"? She probably thinks her party have got as much out of it, politically, as they could so she needed a new plan.She could be treading in dangerous ground, "ignoring the will of the people".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 15th Sep 2019, 12:33pm
Post #4540

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 15th Sep 2019, 08:24am) *
As for Swinson, has she used and now dumped the "rebel alliance"? She probably thinks her party have got as much out of it, politically, as they could so she needed a new plan.She could be treading in dangerous ground, "ignoring the will of the people".

Those are clear and obvious criticisms to make of this policy, Ash, which was confirmed at conference this morning. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Unlike Jagz, you have at least one foot onboard the Brexit resistance movement which forged the rebel aliance.

From what I've read and listened to, this policy would only be implemented by the Lib Dems in the event of a general election, and that it is still the unanimous preference of the rebel alliance to hold a people's vote.

By making this election offering, the Lib Dems are effectively proposing to transform the anticipated general election into a defacto referendum, at least for those voters who view Brexit, and the campaign to stop it, as the defining issue of our time. And who could argue otherwise?

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 15th Sep 2019, 01:26pm
Post #4541

Mega City Key Holder
You'll forgive me for not joining in your celebration of the LibDems riding to the rescue Kem.

I see your branch office manager is demanding no more Indy refs in his lifetime.

Nothing very liberal or democratic about him. yes.gif

+Quote Post
carmella
post 15th Sep 2019, 05:45pm
Post #4542

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
I was thinking about all of this after listening to LBC this morning. Does anyone regardless of personal politics think there will be another EU referendum?

I don’t but I’ve been wrong before😜😜😜😜😜

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 15th Sep 2019, 09:17pm
Post #4543

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (carmella @ 15th Sep 2019, 06:45pm) *
I was thinking about all of this after listening to LBC this morning. Does anyone regardless of personal politics think there will be another EU referendum?

I don’t but I’ve been wrong before����������

It is apparently current Labour policy. But in a Brexit election Labour is going to lose out big time, as Scottish Labour did after Indyref.

Votes loaned to the SNP back in May's European election have more riding on them in a general election, and it remains to be seen how many Scottish nationalists are in favour of leaving the EU. As to what the SNP position is on a people's vote... well we know which way the party's leader is minded, but that'll mean little unless traditional voters follow her lead. I've yet to see anyone on here (apart from myself) endorsing Sturgeon's campaign. huh.gif

The Tories are becoming the Brexit party.

The Lib Dems the anti-Brexit party.

To answer your question, Carmella, it's looking less likely than before, and I'd say no, there won't be one. And maybe that's for the best.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 16th Sep 2019, 10:36am
Post #4544

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 15th Sep 2019, 10:17pm) *
Votes loaned to the SNP back in May's European election have more riding on them in a general election

The Lib Dems the anti-Brexit party.

What votes were loaned to the SNP?

Do you honestly believe the LibDems promises (fool me once etc etc) and more importantly do you honestly think they can win a Westminster GE?

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 16th Sep 2019, 11:19am
Post #4545

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 16th Sep 2019, 11:36am) *
What votes were loaned to the SNP?
QUOTE (Alyn Smith SNP MEP @ 27th May 2019)
People are voting SNP for a variety of reasons - there are those who are lending us their vote and others who are diehard SNP voters, we've got people coming to us from all over the spectrum.

QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 16th Sep 2019, 11:36am) *
Do you honestly think they can win a Westminster GE?

Will there be an outright winner? I doubt it.

+Quote Post

321 Pages V  « < 301 302 303 304 305 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.