Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

117 Pages V  « < 90 91 92 93 94 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coronovirus?, How it spreads!
bilbo.s
post 29th May 2020, 10:04pm
Post #1366

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th May 2020, 10:47pm) *
Are you serious? Any glance at the pages of this discussion will show to anyone that I have contributed more than my fair share of thoughts on a whole variety of issues around the pandemic.

Thus your surly and frankly untruthful post possibly gives us an insight into discontent of your own, in which case I suggest that it's you who may benefit from less keyboard bashing.

Hrumph!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 29th May 2020, 10:07pm
Post #1367

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
Key aspects of Government strategy to deal with the Covid-19 crisis, including the timing of this weekend's changes to lockdown restrictions (from today in Scotland, from Monday in England), are being questioned by top British scientists. Easing lockdown at this early stage is too much of a risk they say, calling it a Political decision.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus...-latest-2869406

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 29th May 2020, 10:31pm
Post #1368

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
The pharmaceutical company Sanofi has temporarily stopped recruiting new Covid-19 patients for two clinical trials on hydroxychloroquine and will no longer supply the anti-malaria drug to treat Covid-19 until concerns about safety are cleared up, it has said ...

The moves come after the World Health Organization paused its large trial of hydroxychloroquine, prompting several European governments to ban the use of the drug ...

... The US president Donald Trump (who claimed to take the miracle cure, hydroxychloroquine, in tablet form every day against Covid-19) has said he is terminating the nation’s relationship with the World Health Organization.n.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 30th May 2020, 07:10am
Post #1369

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th May 2020, 10:47pm) *
Are you serious? Any glance at the pages of this discussion will show to anyone that I have contributed more than my fair share of thoughts on a whole variety of issues around the pandemic.

Thus your surly and frankly untruthful post possibly gives us an insight into discontent of your own, in which case I suggest that it's you who may benefit from less keyboard bashing.

Yet you don't realise you've just proved my point. Insight is certainly something that would be to your benefit, I would suggest you start by taking your head out of your bahookie yes.gif

Perhaps you could then answer why you used my post to score a cheap political point on a matter that you said was too important for that.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 30th May 2020, 09:46am
Post #1370

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 30th May 2020, 08:10am) *
Perhaps you could then answer why you used my post to score a cheap political point on a matter that you said was too important for that.

As I've said all along, the four Governments should be referenced if we are to offer criticism at this stage. This is far from cheap political advice, it is a reflection of the reality on the ground. Go ahead and blame it on Westminster if that's your thing, but at least let others continue to acknowledge the parity of the devolved regimes in this crisis.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 30th May 2020, 09:54am
Post #1371

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 30th May 2020, 10:46am) *
As I've said all along, the four Governments should be referenced if we are to offer criticism at this stage. This is far from cheap political advice, it is a reflection of the reality on the ground. Go ahead and blame it on Westminster if that's your thing, but at least let others continue to acknowledge the parity of the devolved regimes in this crisis.

Please re-read my post on this, I did not seek to apportion blame on any government. I stated my opinion, in reply to Tomi's post, of how far back we need to go if a proper evaluation of what has gone wrong is to be established. You were the one pointing fingers.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 30th May 2020, 09:56am
Post #1372

Mega City Key Holder
No longer at one, more like sixes and sevens. But as Politicians try to put their stamp on the advice in phase one, so far the virus continues to ignore such rules.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 30th May 2020, 10:22am
Post #1373

Mega City Key Holder
English
Meaning of sage in English
sage
adjective literary
UK /seɪdʒ/ US /seɪdʒ/

wise, especially as a result of great experience:
sage advice

Sage, the scientific advisory group on emergencies whom we correctly accept as being persons of a fair deegreee of wisdom, have advised We cannot relax our guard by very much at all at a stage in the pandemic which still sees more than 8,000 new cases daily in England but Bojo the Bosss is ignoring the advicee of these wise men: who knows, probably on the advice of his special adviser?

During the Brexit battle for Britain, Cummings had people belieeving that Britannia was under threat of losing her sovereignty to Germany's dictator Merkel while leading them by the nose into a home grown dictatorship where the supreme power or authority (sovereignty) lies in the hands of his pld Bullindon Buddy whose joys in life were vandalising and trashing to their hearts content as rite of passage while screwing till their nuts dropped: much as they are doing today from the highest offioce with the greatest rate of deaths pro capita in the world and Bojo the Clown with the wits of a Worzel Gummidge.
Of course he wont sack his top man or ask him to resign; where would he be without him?
Sort it out at the Poling Stations?
I doubt that very much: the people that they pandered to during Brexit w2ill back them to the hilt and the general public seem to soak up bovine excrement like kitchen roll paper.
It's like Trump saying, Hey, didn't I say it'll pass the 100,000 mark? That wasn't `false news' was it? and people agree and forget his previous lies Don't worry. We can pack the churches at Easter
Bojo's THE same. Shut the scientistds up with can't let them get involved in political issues Yeah, lets throw away these bliddy masks and get down to the beach: there's pubs all along the strand too.

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 30th May 2020, 11:21am
Post #1374

Mega City Key Holder
All four Governments consult with SAGE, and now that its advice is being made public, the public will see how closely the politicians really are sticking to the science, or whether they have been shielding in plain sight. eyebrow.gif

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 30th May 2020, 12:14pm
Post #1375

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 30th May 2020, 11:21am) *
All four Governments consult with SAGE, and now that its advice is being made public, the public will see how closely the politicians really are sticking to the science, or whether they have been shielding in plain sight. eyebrow.gif

Not only but aslso ...
Denmark and Norway have opened their common borders in easement of the lockdown restrictions ... but their common borders with Sweden remain closed after the turn of events resulting from the Swedish government's decicision to ignore the science and let the populace (we are not children) chose for themselves how they might deal with the covid-19 threat; and that at a relatively high cost.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 30th May 2020, 02:37pm
Post #1376

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 30th May 2020, 11:22am) *
at a stage in the pandemic which still sees more than 8,000 new cases daily in England

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 30th May 2020, 02:44pm
Post #1377

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
There does seem to be a few experts who think we are ending lockdown too soon,we can only
hope they are wrong.
I was in Glasgow city centre today, never seen so many cyclists since the commonwealth games,pedestrians will need eyes in the back of their heads.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 30th May 2020, 04:09pm
Post #1378

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 30th May 2020, 03:44pm) *
I was in Glasgow city centre today, never seen so many cyclists since the commonwealth games,pedestrians will need eyes in the back of their heads.

Were they cycling on the pavements DJ?

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 30th May 2020, 06:04pm
Post #1379

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
There is what i think is a new cycle lane from Glasgow Green to Kingston Bridge area,it was very busy
but at red lights some cyclists switched to pavement and crossed on the green man.
Halfords must be raking in the money on this cycling boom.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 30th May 2020, 08:21pm
Post #1380

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 30th May 2020, 07:04pm) *
There is what i think is a new cycle lane from Glasgow Green to Kingston Bridge area,it was very busy
but at red lights some cyclists switched to pavement and crossed on the green man.
Halfords must be raking in the money on this cycling boom.

I would have thought that anything that helps people exercise and cuts down pollution would be seen by most as a good thing?

+Quote Post

117 Pages V  « < 90 91 92 93 94 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th Jul 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.