Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ruchill
*Big Fella*
post 28th Feb 2014, 01:55pm
Post #61

QUOTE (mags72 @ 25th Jan 2009, 11:58pm) *
I remember a lot of people mentioned here and love the photo in ruchill park.

We stayed in whitworth st,no 41.
Ruchill was a brill place to grow up (especially our st,lol)

QUOTE (AUDREY @ 30th Sep 2009, 03:47am) *
RUCHILL WAS THE BEST, I STAYED AT 62 WHITWORTH STREET tongue.gif

QUOTE (heart52 @ 13th Oct 2012, 10:39pm) *
Hi I just saw your post. We lived at 78 Whitworth street next to the daisy park amd swing park. Like you said it was a brilliant place to grow up.

We stayed at No 75 Whitworth St from 1964 until 1978
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Angela McNeill*
post 15th Apr 2014, 11:57pm
Post #62

QUOTE (Elizabeth Barton @ 21st Dec 2011, 11:33am) *
Hello,

I'm hoping someone maybe able to help me track down class pictures from Ruckhill Primary school in Ruckhill Glasgow between 1971 - 1978. My primary 6 & 7 teachers name was Miss Bruce. Who went onto marry the local Church Minister.

I'm an old pupil and would dearly love to see what I looked like back then. I don't have any pictures and neither do any of my family members. So if anyone could help, you would be making this the best Christmas ever?

Thanks in advance

Elizabeth

+Quote Post
**Jay**
post 25th Apr 2014, 12:02pm
Post #63

We lived at 689 Bilsland Drive. Was originally my granny's house (Johnston). Personally I remember Mrs Pym who was blind, the Watsons and I think the McGoverns. Also Mrs. Ashley who lived in either Arnold or Hazlitt Street. We left when I was 10 so memory is a bit faded! Also remember Stevie who used to scare all us kids. The alarm would go out that Stevie was on the way and we would hop it quick sharp!

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 22nd Sep 2014, 02:58am
Post #64

QUOTE (debbieanneuk @ 8th Feb 2012, 05:38pm) *
Hi there,I grew up there too and also lived in cromer street(11),could possibly know you.I am Deborah Lawrie and have a brother Stephen and two sisters Maureen and Kirsty.Would love to know who you are.get back in touch if poss.Debbie

Looking for anyone who might have known Mrs Wilson, whose address in 1944-1945 was 11 Cromer Street, Ruchill, Glasgow. I am a researcher in Australia, please see the contact page on my tribute website www.462squadron.com - look forward to hearing from Deborah or anyone else who can assist.

+Quote Post
barbiegirl
post 24th Sep 2014, 10:21pm
Post #65

Visitor
Member No.: 8,031
Do you know anyone named 'Brian' aged about 67/68? Only small about 5' 5", mid brown hair. The Hogmany night started in Curlers Bar and went on to a party at Knightswood high flats with some Engineering friends including Ronnie Gordon from Drumchapel. In October 1966 after hearing of my birth, Brian went to Drumchapel to my birth mums door to discover I had been adopted. This is my last chance to try and find him. Contact me by email here or midgetgem1966@hotmail.com

+Quote Post
mairead
post 30th Sep 2014, 11:10pm
Post #66

Super Resident
Member No.: 26,634
Saw a mention of Cromer street in Ruchill which brought back memories of my first crush in the mid 50's. His name was Bobby Gritton and he lived in that street. One of his friends was John Rogan. Anyone know anything about Bobby and how life treated him?

--------------------
The bluebell of Scotland is hanging her head
The Lion, once Rampant, in lying like dead

+Quote Post
Brianjardine
post 15th Nov 2014, 03:04pm
Post #67

Settling In
Member No.: 27,083
I stayed at 556 Bilsland Drive[hospital house] as my Dad was Head porter[Alex or Sandy],when he
died in 1974 my mother ,sister Alison and I were then moved to Mingulay Street,Milton.Neighbours
at Ruchill were the Chapman's and the Thomson's, Milton neighbours were Henderson[Nancy]

--------------------
You can take the boy out of Glasgow.......

+Quote Post
IssyB
post 2nd Apr 2016, 04:34pm
Post #68

Unpacking
Member No.: 32,389
QUOTE (Young barnes road @ 30th Jun 2011, 12:30am) *
brian i went about with your cousin james(hamish) as he was known top guy knew your dad too i stayed on the corner of arnold street peace

i remember the Mcclintocks, just, but then im 61 now and its all goin fast lol I was Isbel buchanan. never hugely popular, but never hugely bothered about it either heehee
come on back the Barnes rd crowd.

thumbup.gif [color="#483D8B"][/color]

QUOTE (Young barnes road @ 30th Jun 2011, 12:30am) *
brian i went about with your cousin james(hamish) as he was known top guy knew your dad too i stayed on the corner of arnold street peace

i remember the Mcclintocks, just, but then im 61 now and its all goin fast lol I was Isbel buchanan. never hugely popular, but never hugely bothered about it either heehee
come on back the Barnes rd crowd.

thumbup.gif [color="#483D8B"][/color]

+Quote Post
wee mags
post 3rd Apr 2016, 02:00am
Post #69

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12
Celtic Chick I knew Jean and Tommy divers I grew up with Jean and her family the Martins ,the girls were great singers ,my maiden name was Margaret Rolland I lived across from the Martins ,as a matter of fact tommy wallpapered my mothers living room, when I went home in 1969

--------------------
fae Maryhill noo the USA

+Quote Post
**Oneoffortyfive**
post 15th May 2016, 04:42pm
Post #70

My mum was brought up on Emerson Street. Her maiden name was Rose Gallacher and she had 3 brothers, Harry, John, James and 4 sister's Katy, Annie, Ellen and Mary. Her mum was Maggie and her dad John. They're neighbour and her mum's friend was Maggie Mclintock. Just wondering if anyone remembers them?

+Quote Post
*Fludge*
post 21st May 2016, 01:29pm
Post #71

Anyone heard of the McNeills from Smeaton Street from early 1900s.

+Quote Post
billy1947
post 19th Apr 2017, 06:34pm
Post #72

Unpacking
Member No.: 40,077
QUOTE (*Oneoffortyfive* @ 15th May 2016, 05:42pm) *
My mum was brought up on Emerson Street. Her maiden name was Rose Gallacher and she had 3 brothers, Harry, John, James and 4 sister's Katy, Annie, Ellen and Mary. Her mum was Maggie and her dad John. They're neighbour and her mum's friend was Maggie Mclintock. Just wondering if anyone remembers them?

+Quote Post
billy1947
post 19th Apr 2017, 06:51pm
Post #73

Unpacking
I grew up in Ruchill same time as your mum.I was a bit younger and stayed a few closes down Emerson street.
I knew James better as we used to play football on the square as we called it.I was sad when I heard he had passed away.
Don,t know if your mum is still alive but some of the neighbours that stayed around there at the time were the McLintocks Mc Nulty,s
Proudfoots,devines,Reilly,s.I am 70 now but had a fantastic time growing up there,and can still remember all the people.I could fill the page.

+Quote Post
billy1947
post 4th May 2017, 06:23pm
Post #74

Unpacking
QUOTE (Lilian McKeown @ 24th Sep 2012, 02:26am) *
The school was St Bernadettes and I started school there as well as my two brothers Jim and Tham McKeown. The headmistress was Mrs Bradley.
We lived at 201 Bilsland Drive and then moved to 78 Whitworth Street next to the swing park. Does anyone remember the shops across from the park? Staffords (two old sisters owned it). We always bought from the "penny tray" frozen jubillees etc ... Leos chippy.... The dairy where "wee Agnes" worked and the chemist and post office and a baby wear shop. I know a few names mentioned on here and it brngs back memories.

+Quote Post
billy1947
post 4th May 2017, 06:35pm
Post #75

Unpacking
I attended St.Bernadettes.The head mistress name was O,Hare, and the lady Janitor was Mrs Bradley.I started school in 1952.
I stayed in Emerson street across from Barnes Rd.My young brother Ronnie Knew Tam I think
he was in his class.I met Tam at a St.Augustines school reunion in the Scotia bar a few years ago.I still see him in the west end now and again.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.