Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

342 Pages V  « < 340 341 342  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 3 V
DannyH
post Today, 09:45am
Post #5116

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
If Scotland does become an Independent country, in my opinion it will not obtain membership of the EU. The Spanish Government will block it.

The SNP has chosen to support Carla Ponsati from being extradited to Spain for her involvement in an unauthorised Catalonian Independence referendum.

The rights and wrongs of this extradition are not the issue. The issue as far as Scotland is concerned is, how will the Spanish Government react.

In addition to the SNP’s involvement, Carla Ponsati’s legal representative, Aamer Anwar, wore an SNP badge in one of his jacket lapels. I am surprised that a man of his intelligence did that.

The decision to grant EU membership is decided by the EU Commission. This is an unelected body. They all have to agree on supporting an application. Guess what the Spanish Commissioners vote will be for Scotland.

Danny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Today, 09:50am
Post #5117

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
So what are you worried about, Danny Boy?

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 10:40am
Post #5118

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 20th Nov 2019, 09:45am) *
If Scotland does become an Independent country, in my opinion it will not obtain membership of the EU. The Spanish Government will block it.

Danny

How many times do we have to go round in circles Danny?

I've lost count the times i've posted links to the Spanish Foreign ministers statements of the Spanish governments stand on the issue, who do we believe, you or the Spanish government?

https://www.politico.eu/article/spain-wont-...-eu-membership/

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post Today, 11:23am
Post #5119

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
jagz is a Nat desperate for independence

Yet he wants us to believe a Govt that puts independence seeking politicians in jail for sedition.

you couldnt make it up.!

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Today, 12:35pm
Post #5120

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 20th Nov 2019, 10:40am) *
How many times do we have to go round in circles Danny?

I've lost count the times i've posted links to the Spanish Foreign ministers statements of the Spanish governments stand on the issue, who do we believe, you or the Spanish government?

https://www.politico.eu/article/spain-wont-...-eu-membership/

Jagz

You are so naive. I am not bothering to read the link you have provided. It is you who is going around in circles, not me. You will notice that your pal Bilbo who lives in Spain hasn’t attempted to argue with me.

If you had experience like I have had involving politicians you would know, it is not what they said yesterday that counts. You have also missed the point that it is not the politicians who have the say on which countries can join the EU. It is non-elected European Commissioners. So the reality is, they don’t bother with what the Spanish Foreign Minister says in public.

Danny

P.S. Nicola Sturgeon has made the fundamental mistake of dealing with two separate Issues as if they were one. This is going to cause chaos in Scotland. I will now skip on the the Scottish Independence forum on the Glasgow Guide to explain my reasoning for this.

+Quote Post

342 Pages V  « < 340 341 342
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Nov 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.