Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1965 Autographs
Rating 5 V
Ghoulz
post 19th May 2013, 01:26am
Post #1

Visitor
Member No.: 8,527

I've just created a brand new page in KinemaGigz.com

This entire page is dedicated to Mrs. Morag Graham who collected 35 pages of wonderful autographs in 1965 when she worked in The Candy Bar inside the Kinema Ballroom.

My sincere thanks to Morag herself for her foresight and permission and to her son Alistair Graham for contacting me to arrange to lend me the autograph collection. I am greatly indebted to them both for their generosity in allowing me to borrow, scan, display and share this historical document.

Please note some of the signatures are indecipherable and are therefore, at best, my best guess. Also some of the musicians' names are missing and we can't know (almost 50 years on at the time of constructing this page) whether these missing ones didn't play that night, weren't around when Morag asked or whether they didn't like to sign stuff at all. There are also some which don't make sense ("Buddy Ebsen" from 'The Beverly Hillbillies' and 'Barnaby Jones' for example) - Why was Buddy Ebsen at The Kinema in 1965?! Who knows!? Alistair tells me the autograph book was always left at the KB and so he must have been there.

Anyhoo, check out this fascinating collection and please leave Morag some comments either via the Feedback page or on here.

Autographs include Lulu, Denny Laine (Moody Blues), Freddy & the Dreamers, Johnny Kidd & the Pirates, Marianne Faithfull, Manfred Mann, Adam Faith and many more ...

Thanks.

--------------------
Yer friendly neighbourhood Ghoulz

Visit www.KinemaGigz.com
The Whole Story of The Famous Kinema Ballroom Dunfermline
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghoulz
post 25th May 2013, 01:27pm
Post #2

Visitor
Member No.: 8,527
Can anyone help with the names shown against 'The Arrows'?

--------------------
Yer friendly neighbourhood Ghoulz

Visit www.KinemaGigz.com
The Whole Story of The Famous Kinema Ballroom Dunfermline
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.