Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jacks Rolls, bakery
crawfurd
post 8th Nov 2006, 07:45am
Post #1

Settling In
Member No.: 3,944
I remember the smell of the rolls baking in my dads bakery in govan people of my generation seem to have never forgotten him he must have had his car washed dozens of times outside the bakery in waterow to give the children pennies i was trying to find some photos and i was at the sunny govan site and found a photo of one of the vans at govan fair it made me so happy i have been in london now fo r 30 years and i still miss glasgow and the friendliness london can be a very lonely place biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lindamac
post 13th Nov 2006, 08:45pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,807
biggrin.gif wub.gif It is a wonderfull thing is our sense of smell. My mum worked in a restraunt called the Lyric in sauchiehall st & the best part of my day as a little girl was when she returned to collect me from the upstairs neighbour.
I adored the smell as I pressed into my mammys hugs & greetings. the smell was of cakes ,buns no doubt general foods on her uniform, to me she was always smelling like a bakery at that point in my long day away from her.....................oftentimes enjoy passing a bakery to remind me of my mammy, as I was a long way away from her when I migrated here, that helped.
another one is the perfume counter,mum always wore Georgio when she was out special with my Dad,such a distinctive fragrance(yellow striped box,think by ?Beverlyhills). Thankyou for giving this space to remember those sweet memories of my close need for my mammy, it was most endearing for me..

--------------------
Ye Cin Take The Lassie Oota Glesga But Ye Cannae Take Glesga Oota The Lassie

+Quote Post
*james jack*
post 16th Apr 2014, 03:08pm
Post #3

Hi Crawfurd,
Are you still in London?
I am living in Ayr and enjoying being retired.
Love to hear from you.
Jim

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.