Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

123 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coronovirus?, How it spreads!
DannyH
post 31st Mar 2020, 10:31pm
Post #301

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 31st Mar 2020, 10:15pm) *
Perhaps you would care to point out errors in grammar or spelling, you silly old fart? I knowwhere I would like to use my fingers !

Bilbo, I note you have used the word, “knowwhere” above. I couldn’t find it in my dictionary. Perhaps that is where you have got your fingers stuck.

Danny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 31st Mar 2020, 11:27pm
Post #302

Mega City Key Holder
Getting back to the issue, I am afraid that if Local Councils are doing what South Lanarkshire Council is doing, then all the self isolation we are having to comply with, is waste of time.

I went to our local Council rubbish dump facility. There was a notice on the gate, “Closed until further notice”.

In the immediate area around the facilities wire fence, people had dumped black bin bags and other waste. This means fly tipping will become the norm.

I believe Glasgow is reducing its garbage collection service.

I can fully understand that Council workers should be given protection clothing and equipment, as required for their work. The question is, did the Local Councils apply for financial support from the Scottish Government for this equipment? Whatever the answer is, surely the Health officials responsible for obtaining this equipment, will act swiftly.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Apr 2020, 06:42am
Post #303

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 31st Mar 2020, 07:50pm) *
Its now been estimated that the virus is nearly 7 times more deadly than flu.

That's an improvement on last Saturday, they were saying it was ten times worse than the flu.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/coron...se-flu-21752959

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Apr 2020, 06:50am
Post #304

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 31st Mar 2020, 07:14pm) *
Jagz, I will apologise to you when you apologise to me. I have never sneered at China or South Korea.
What I did say is, that the West had transferred their manufacturing to China.

You seem to be an expert on the Germany.

You are really brainwashed washed by you obsession with the EU.

Danny

Thats right, you always speak so highly of China and far Eastern countries. laugh.gif

Not as "expert on the Germany" as you are and expert on China though.

You're the one that is "really brainwashed by you obsession with the EU".

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 1st Apr 2020, 08:27am
Post #305

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Apr 2020, 12:31am) *
Bilbo, I note you have used the word, “knowwhere” above. I couldn’t find it in my dictionary. Perhaps that is where you have got your fingers stuck.

Danny

Haha! Is that the best (worst) you can manage ? I can live with that!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 1st Apr 2020, 09:15am
Post #306

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Apr 2020, 07:50am) *
Thats right, you always speak so highly of China and far Eastern countries. :lol:

Not as "expert on the Germany" as you are and expert on China though.

You're the one that is "really brainwashed by you obsession with the EU".

Jagz if anybody is obsessed with the EU it is you and of course Nicola Sturgeon. However, I must give her credit for focusing on the Coronavirus, and putting EU membership and Scottish Independence in the pending tray. Haven’t heard her mentioning the flu.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Apr 2020, 09:42am
Post #307

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Apr 2020, 10:15am) *
Jagz if anybody is obsessed with the EU it is you and of course Nicola Sturgeon. However, I must give her credit for focusing on the Coronavirus, and putting EU membership and Scottish Independence in the pending tray. Haven’t heard her mentioning the flu.

Danny

You mention the EU a lot more than me, and maybe like you she couldn't care less about the hundreds of thousands of people who die with the flu every year?

+Quote Post
zascot
post 1st Apr 2020, 11:26am
Post #308

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 612
Why is there not a thread that has been started recently that the discussion does not turn into childish arguments between the same culprits? It is a pity that the independence thing has become a thing of the past it may have left this thread that Carmella started with good intentions free for meaningful discussions.
No wonder the Glasgow Boards has gone the way it has.

--------------------
Take only photos. Leave only footprints. Kill only time.

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 1st Apr 2020, 12:47pm
Post #309

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,097
QUOTE (zascot @ 1st Apr 2020, 11:26am) *
Why is there not a thread that has been started recently that the discussion does not turn into childish arguments between the same culprits? It is a pity that the independence thing has become a thing of the past it may have left this thread that Carmella started with good intentions free for meaningful discussions.
No wonder the Glasgow Boards has gone the way it has.

I am with you all the way, Zascot.

I've only recently got back to Glasgow Guide and each day it seems to be a slanging match between 3 or 4 members. The world is in a serious state right now and most of us would love to go back to the good old days when there was plenty of good humorous banter in a variety of subjects. I will give it a miss for a while and hope for better in the future.

Thank you, Carmella, for your valuable contributions - I always enjoy your comments.

Kia Ora,
Betty

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga
.............. Hold fast to your culture

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Apr 2020, 01:37pm
Post #310

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (zascot @ 1st Apr 2020, 12:26pm) *
It is a pity that the independence thing has become a thing of the past

It hasn't became a thing of the past at all Zascot, it's merely been put on hold like every other "thing".

+Quote Post
zascot
post 1st Apr 2020, 01:57pm
Post #311

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Apr 2020, 02:37pm) *
It hasn't became a thing of the past at all Zascot, it's merely been put on hold like every other "thing".

I think you will find that I will be proved correct.

--------------------

+Quote Post
carmella
post 1st Apr 2020, 02:29pm
Post #312

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
Over the past few years, I have either received emails or private messages from people who used to enjoy coming to these forums for sharing interests and memories. I have also been able throughout this time to do research in an effort to help those who were looking for people. I did so with pleasure, these people appreciated the help or links provided.

On these boards over the years, certainly for as long as I can recall, We also had topical and political debates, sometimes very heated.

I never saw nastiness, name calling and gutter language like I have seen on here in recent times.

I can also tell you that many very good people no longer post on here because of this. These are the same people who made the GGBB what it is and who used to enjoy the Glasgow Meets with Martin, the Founder of this good site, devised to keep people in touch with all things Glasgow, for young and old alike. Some during awful illnesses got a great deal of comfort from this site.

Along the way, sadly a handful have passed away, but the ones I refer to mainly are still around just no longer wishing to post.

If anyone wishes to give out bad vibes or language from the gutter towards others' opinions or perceived character, then you should be prepared to also take it!

It would be awful nice if those days returned for the benefit of all concerned, and a pleasant gesture for Martin’s sake who gives a lot of latitude already.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Apr 2020, 03:00pm
Post #313

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (zascot @ 1st Apr 2020, 02:57pm) *
I think you will find that I will be proved correct.

Not sure i'm with you Zascot, do you mean after this Coronavirus "thing" passes there will be no desire for regaining our independence and the whole country will embrace British Nationalism? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
zascot
post 1st Apr 2020, 03:21pm
Post #314

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Apr 2020, 03:00pm) *
Not sure i'm with you Zascot, do you mean after this Coronavirus "thing" passes there will be no desire for regaining our independence and the whole country will embrace British Nationalism? unsure.gif

Not the whole country " thing" but the majority.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zascot
post 1st Apr 2020, 03:34pm
Post #315

Mega City Key Holder
Carmella.
Unfortunately that is the way the boards have gone. I see no point in trying to get involved in a discussion when if you do not agree or voice a differing opinion you are ganged up on, accused of being out of the country to long and what I find hilarious a total --- correcting other peoples grammar and spelling. I spend some of my time in discussion groups where opinions are respected and discussed. I see the independence thread has been suspended for a virus that according to some is not a problem so why suspend the thread. Hope you are enjoying the Safari programmes. I will still look in occasionally. We are on total shutdown including sale of alcohol and cigarettes, does not affect us but I can imagine in 2 weeks time,

--------------------

+Quote Post

123 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th Jul 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.