Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dugshots: Glasgow's War On Terriers, Enforcement spotlight turns on canine offenders
sumac
post 9th Dec 2011, 01:40pm
Post #31

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 3,359
Oh thanks, Rabbie! If you fold him in half, I might just be able to reach his nose to punch it!!! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Ah don't hear sae well withoot ma specs
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
droschke7
post 9th Dec 2011, 01:46pm
Post #32

Lord Provost
Member No.: 128
Housing officers are to keep dugshots of tennants dogs? What about those who own their houses or flats? Can their dogs foul the streets with impunity?

+Quote Post
thunder badger
post 9th Dec 2011, 01:46pm
Post #33

Unpacking
Member No.: 11,412
This looks like a job for.....FENTON!!!

+Quote Post
RobBob
post 9th Dec 2011, 03:28pm
Post #34

Unpacking
Member No.: 10,707
QUOTE (zascot @ 9th Dec 2011, 05:31am) *
What goes " Woof Woof Bang"? A terrierist.

Sounds more like a terrierist chasing a parked car.

The war on Terrier droppings could be easily solved if the city decides that it is not going to pickup doggie droppings for the next month. After 30 days of ten tons a day, 300 tons of it lying around is sure to catch the attention of everyone. I think then that the people who let their dogs drop will soon get the message when they have to fight the mess while walking their dogs, being the ones whose terriers created it. People will continue to walk their dogs on the same pathways each day and when they have to fight the problem themselves they will come to understand what is causing it. Next the city can put up free baggies on a telephone pole at the worst spots with a notice to the dog owners so the people get the idea of what they are expected to do. Sometimes you have to just let things happen the way nature decided them to happen to help people get the message. It isn't the dog's fault.

+Quote Post
dot21
post 9th Dec 2011, 04:00pm
Post #35

Settling In
Member No.: 5,381
I am a dog owner and I think it is disgusting that owner's leave the mess anywhere, I for one never have I alway's clean up after my pet it is not the dog's fault but the owner's and anyone doing this should be fined on the spot.

We live beside a beach and most people are responsible owner's but one lady did not pick up after her dog unknown to her the dog warden was watching and fined her 40 which she had to pay there and then. She assured me it would be the last time she would not pick up after her dog so maybe this policy work's.

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 9th Dec 2011, 04:05pm
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,794
Unfortunately, I have seen a wee issue with leaving wee bags, certain dug owners scoop and bag. Yet, they then bollox it by then hanging the bags of duggie doings in nearby bushes, including those in other fowks gardens. There are places that resemble a duggie poo bag Xmas tree.

Surely, dunnderhieds of this ilk that engage in the above offence practice are potentially berift of life from the neck upwards. Indeeed I would submit that serial offenders should be banned from keeping dugs.

Sadly, it appears in some instances dugs have more intelligence their owners.

--------------------
Black holes are where God divided by zero.

+Quote Post
dot21
post 9th Dec 2011, 04:13pm
Post #37

Settling In
Member No.: 5,381
I quite agree with you Rabbie but responsible owners can take the wee bag's home with them and dispose of them there, the one's who don't are worse than their pet's who only know what their owner teaches them.

+Quote Post
Austinstaff
post 9th Dec 2011, 07:50pm
Post #38

Unpacking
Member No.: 10,337
What about a dug Bar-L ? We could have dug courts and lawyers defending innocent dugs ! I know ; a dug identity parade ! Wa this the dug you saw sir ? Lol dug police ? Dug parole board and rehabiitation too ! Brilliant lol. The list is endless. I am up for it . There are a lot of dangerous dugs oot there ; let's be careful

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 9th Dec 2011, 08:47pm
Post #39

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 413
Two men are approaching each other as the walk down the street. Both
are dragging their right foot as they walk. As they meet, one man looks
at the other knowingly, points at his foot and says, "Vietnam, 1973."

The other points his thumb behind him and says, "Dog s**t, 20 feet back."

Attached Image'Not me!'

+Quote Post
*nakimaki*
post 9th Dec 2011, 08:49pm
Post #40

Ah think the fine should be in relation to the size of the dirt not the size of the dug coz have seen some wee dugs ....

--
GG Edit: okay, naki, I think I'll stop you there!

+Quote Post
GG
post 9th Dec 2011, 10:58pm
Post #41

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
This story came back to bite the council's bum a wee bit after a disgruntled resident at Lancefield Quay wrote into to the Evening Times to complain about the mess left behind by domesticated animals ... only this time it was horses, police horses!

The unhappy resident living near a walkway overlooking the Clyde complained that the sheer scale of horse mess made it a more potent danger than dog dirt:

"The walkway has been done up really well by the city council in anticipation of the Commonwealth Games. It is well used by residents and by people going to and from the SECC and other venues and offices.

It is now a beautiful area, but it is being spoiled not by dogs but by police horses. I frequently see police horses cantering along the walkway and they leave a trail of manure behind.

Joggers, cyclists, tourists and people walking have to negotiate their way round a lot of horse dung.

The horses soil pavements and roads so why don't the police carry poop scoops for the horses, because they leave a much bigger mess than any dog would."

A police spokesman replied:
"As all horses are vegetarians their excrement is completely biodegradable and breaks down very quickly into powder form.

Where required, we contact the local council in the area the horses are in to organise to clean up."

A council spokesman responded to the complaint:
"There is a legal requirement for people to clean up after their dogs and that is what Clean Glasgow is enforcing. There is no law requiring riders to clean up manure left by their horses on public pathways.

Horses are vegetarian, so their manure does not present the same health risks as dog faeces."

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 10th Dec 2011, 12:26am
Post #42

Mega City Key Holder
"As all horses are vegetarians their excrement is completely biodegradable and breaks down very quickly into powder form."

Aye true enough. Now, if only the excrement politicains / think tank numpties produce was of some use. Hot air.... hmm alternative energy, could be on to a winner there. Mind ye, ye heard it from me first!

I havnea heard of horse joabbies harming anywan, wid ye fertilise yer prize roses wi dug doings or gee gee droppings, should be a no brainer tae maist fowks. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 10th Dec 2011, 12:51am
Post #43

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
o' for a minit there Rabbie a though'y were going to say powdered milk biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 10th Dec 2011, 01:16am
Post #44

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
I am sorry, but I don't agree with some of the contributors to this discussion who seem to think this is a laughing matter. For some reason or others many Scots accept dog fouling and litter as just a way of life. Sadly, in Scotland it is accepted as such. We as a nation have lost pride in our country. Oh yes we will sing "Oh Flower of Scotland" at football matches and other events, throwing our chests out with pride, while at the same time dropping tons of litter at our feet.

I cite as an example of how low we have sunk as a nation when Japanese students and other Japanese nationals went around the streets of Glasgow cleaning up the litter, as a way of thanking Glaswegians for their support for the Japanese who suffered during the Tsunami. Our newspapers printed photos of these goodhearted Japanese at work on our behalf. Welcome to the city that is going to host the Commonwealth Games!

It is too late now for Glasgow Councillors to reverse dog fouling or the litter problem. It is part of our culture whether we like it or not. Some of the responses on this discussion confirm this. It is a big joke. Travel on any train or bus in Glasgow and surrounding areas and by the time you reach your destination you will see litter all over these vehicles. Look out the windows during your journey and what do you see? Litter everywhere.

I went to school in Canada when I was evacuated during World War Two. We lived outside the City boundary, so there was no refuse collection service. Every household had to dispose of its own rubbish. This was done by incinerating what would burn, and burying everything else. The streets were spotless. It was drummed into us at school that we must take pride in our commuinity.

I went back five years ago for a short visit. I walked down the same streets. There was no litter to be seen.

So the moral of that ending is that pride in the community has been passed on through the generations in the community where I lived in Canada. It is also obvious that the same thing has happened in Japan. Sadly, pride in the community has not been passed on through the generations in Scotland. This discussion would not be treated as a joke in those two countries, or indeed in many other parts of the world.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 10th Dec 2011, 01:17am
Post #45

Mega City Key Holder
Poodered mulk Lass. Never touch the stuff!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th Jun 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.