Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

20 Pages V  « < 18 19 20  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Billy Connolly Enter Politics?, Big Yin wanted to front Unionist agenda
JAGZ1876
post 20th Mar 2014, 09:39am
Post #286

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (carmella @ 19th Mar 2014, 06:40pm) *
You might convince me yet

I will keep trying Carmella thumbup.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 20th Mar 2014, 09:41am
Post #287

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (wombat @ 19th Mar 2014, 08:19pm) *
rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
wombat
post 20th Mar 2014, 07:57pm
Post #288

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (Mathieson @ 7th Mar 2014, 11:22pm) *
'Fraid not mate. In truth I couldn't give a tuppeny damn for Connolly's production company any more than I care one iota for Shur Sean Connery wittering on about independence for the country he loves so much he refuses to live here.

tongue.gif heard he will be back very very.....

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
taurus
post 20th Mar 2014, 08:31pm
Post #289

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 12,391
I tried very hard not to enter into this subject ,as I don`t live in the country (I still love),so I`m not in a position to pass remarks on how it`s being run at present or in the future,but I totally agree with post 284 ,the royal family are a waste of space.period.

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 20th Mar 2014, 09:04pm
Post #290

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 24th Mar 2014, 12:34am
Post #291

QUOTE (taurus @ 20th Mar 2014, 08:48pm) *
I tried very hard not to enter into this subject ,as I don`t live in the country (I still love),so I`m not in a position to pass remarks on how it`s being run at present or in the future,but I totally agree with post 284 ,the royal family are a waste of space.period.

The fact that you reside in the Oblast of Greater Sydney shoul not cloud your judgment in involvement with the outside world, as is common with the denizens of the Sydney Sub culture (all of Sydney being a sub culture). As a Scot, and having the grace of G-D to be born in Glasgow no matter your geographic location, you are every bit entitled to your opinion on the prospect of Scotland becoming a republic. My only reservation about independence is that there would be no separation from the German dynasty foisted illegally on Scotland and Scots (keep in mind there is no precedent for a king of Scotland in history or law). This would tie the country into the act of the illegal, as far as Scotland was concerned, Act Of Settlement. After the death of the last Stuart monarch and under the auspices of the Act Of Union Scotland was to be free to choose its' own monarchy. England happy with a German king, who spoke no English and who thoroughly disliked the country any way, foisted their choice of monarch on the Scots. Bear in mind this was so popular an act in Scotland that wars were fought and cultures destroyed in the aftermath of wars to reinstate the Stuarts.

Pass on your remarks; you are doing no worse that what else passes for informed opinion on this subject here.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 18 19 20
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Dec 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.