Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Panama Papers, The Rich get so very, very much Richer
carmella
post 8th Apr 2016, 09:50pm
Post #46

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
The so-named Panama list is only one such list, I wonder how many more legal firms in Panama could name, names!!

Just a thought.

Flam an awful lot of people bought their council houses because of Maggie Thatcher, but they didn't pay the market value, depending on how long they had been tenants, they got huge discounts, so made money overnight literally when the missives were complete - and I bet there are a few of them on here too.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 8th Apr 2016, 09:55pm
Post #47

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (flam @ 8th Apr 2016, 08:22pm) *
I see there is 2 Irish Guys named in the "Panama Papers" one being Dermot Desmond a large shareholder in Glasgow Celtic ,and reputed to be worth 1.38 Billion, also J.P.McManus, I think that guy owns horses,and I believe his stable Jockey was at one time A.P.McCoy.maybe somebody on this forum would correct me if I am wrong

A wee bit of a sectarian comment there, flam? Maybe somebody on this forum would correct me if I am wrong. laugh.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
wombat
post 8th Apr 2016, 10:03pm
Post #48

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
rolleyes.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...ristocracy.html

rolleyes.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
wombat
post 8th Apr 2016, 10:14pm
Post #49

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 8th Apr 2016, 10:03pm) *
A wee bit of a sectarian comment there, flam? Maybe somebody on this forum would correct me if I am wrong. laugh.gif

:rolleyes:how about a bit of racism Bilbo? zuma's nephew been mentioned also.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
wombat
post 8th Apr 2016, 10:16pm
Post #50

Mega City Key Holder
tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
dannyball
post 8th Apr 2016, 10:20pm
Post #51

Visitor
Member No.: 32,769
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 8th Apr 2016, 11:03pm) *

I think you got that one correct bilbo.s! Wether the names mentioned are "Irish Guys" or not, the vast majority of the people mentioned in the Panama Papers would steal the sugar out your tea if they had to.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 8th Apr 2016, 10:31pm
Post #52

Mega City Key Holder
Wouldn't we all love to know which other names have done this in Panama over the years - let's face it, nothing new about any of this, what is new is that we are being told, as a result of these papers.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
wombat
post 8th Apr 2016, 10:37pm
Post #53

Mega City Key Holder
yes.gif https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByxSS_6aMxg...p;nohtml5=False cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ktv
post 9th Apr 2016, 09:17am
Post #54

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,730
Cameron said on tv "i obviously cant point to the source of every bit of the money"

funny that as HMRC legally requires every other person in the country to do exactly that.

imagine if any on here didnt pay a single penny of tax for 30 years.

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 9th Apr 2016, 09:27am
Post #55

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
Tip of the iceberg given all the other tax havens out there.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 9th Apr 2016, 10:06am
Post #56

Mega City Key Holder
Let's not get carried away folks, do you honestly believe that even us mere mortals haven't told wee white lies to HMRC, I bet there are thousands who do, just as I think there are thousands who claim State benefits who lie to do so.

I heard an interesting wee story from a very reliable source a few years ago, that she got benefit for someone to look after her kids so she could go out and look for a job, which she never did and didn't have any intention of doing, and guess what, that person she was given money for babysitting, was none other than her husband who didn't live with her, and whom she pretended was looking after the kids.

I think tax is a private matter, I think Cameron was wrong given what has gone before, but I think at the end of the day it is his, his cabinet, the Labour politicians, the SNP politicians, the LibDen politicians, the UKIP politicans, I could go on, because we all know they're in it for themselves, and who knows what they're hiding - I bet you'd all love to know, despite the protestations.

I wouldn't ask any of you what you tell (or don't) HMRC just as none of you would ask me. Too much sitting up on high horses for me, both here and in the non forum world.

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 9th Apr 2016, 10:33am
Post #57

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
You could say that if you put your money into an ISA you were trying avoid paying tax! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
ktv
post 9th Apr 2016, 01:15pm
Post #58

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,730
itl be all swept under the carpet soon enough and we'll all go back to blaming austerity and lack of service funds on wee joe blogs who claimed an extra giro or sammy who did a homer and ignore the elite and multi national companies who make millions but carry on paying less tax than your local school janitor.

get off your horse and get conforming to the thought police.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 9th Apr 2016, 01:47pm
Post #59

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 9th Apr 2016, 11:41am) *
You could say that if you put your money into an ISA you were trying avoid paying tax! rolleyes.gif

You could indeed Betsy - where does it all end I wonder laugh.gif

I can tell you what concerns me more than this Panama thing and who does or does not pay tax - i'm so uninterested in what they do, unless they rip us off like RBS did, and the cohorts who got away with it, and were, incidentally, bailed out by the Government whilst cheating the RBS shareholders out of money, and even asking the shareholders (some very ordinary folk not at all wealthy in a lot of cases) to give them money - what happened the Government of the day bailed out the banks, yet they refuse to do anything to bail out our steel industry, and all the people whose lives will be affected directly and indirectly.

Look what has happened, we have lost the shipyards, the steel industries, the mines etc - none of these were given bail outs from the government, the way the banking industry has - have any of the bankers fallen on their swords, or been down and out, losing everything, sleeping on the streets because they lost - not a bit of it - they're even wealthier now than ever.

That's what matters to me - our country and so many of its families has been ruined.

Babies murdered by their cruel mothers, when we've heard those famous words 'lessons will be learned' - 'no child should have to suffer like this again'. But, it happens again and again - it's a disgrace.

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 9th Apr 2016, 01:53pm
Post #60

A "white lie" is generally accepted to be a ​lie that is told in ​order to be ​polite or to ​stop someone from being ​upset by the ​truth.

Lies told to HMRC are more likely to be told in order to practice deception for gain which is not at all the same thing.

Lies, of any colour, told by to HMRC by Carmella are a matter for her and her conscience but she can be assured that during a long working life and even in my retirement I have paid all the tax that has been due to the government of the day believing that dishonesty in any form is simply that - dishonesty.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.