Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Panama Papers, The Rich get so very, very much Richer
Melody
post 4th Apr 2016, 07:34am
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
Read and weep at what's going on. No surprise but no less sickening.

http://waitingfortax.com/2016/04/04/some-t...-panama-papers/

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scotsman
post 4th Apr 2016, 09:42am
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,353
As the old saying goes money goes to money!! mad.gif

The reports are saying that loads of Tories and their backers have been caught up in these papers. Its disgraceful to think that these are the same scum who are taking the money from the poorest people in society while the richest are making sure they get richer and richer.

+Quote Post
Melody
post 4th Apr 2016, 10:49am
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
It sure is Scotsman not to mention that those parasites are the same people who create a situation where millions of poor souls are wandering this earth from pillar to post.

+Quote Post
flam
post 4th Apr 2016, 10:57am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,044
I would do the same as these people,if I had the money, call it greed if you like,as far as I have read it is not illegal (Could be wrong), 99.9% on this planet wants to make money,it is only a moral thing

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 4th Apr 2016, 11:41am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
How many would do the same flam, probably quite a lot. No One likes opening their pay packet and seeing the government taking a hefty chunk of it before you even see it, imagine how worse you'd feel if that figure was hundreds of thousands. There's nothing illegal or wrong about working within the tax rules and millions of us do it all the time.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
angel
post 4th Apr 2016, 01:59pm
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
I guess someone is making money from these recent " Off Shore " banking revelation's but after the hue and cry has become non news , the bank and it's customers will go on with their banking as usual .

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
Melody
post 4th Apr 2016, 03:34pm
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
Global corruption on such a scale and it doesn't seem to bother anybody. laugh.gif No wonder they get away with it. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
angel
post 4th Apr 2016, 03:54pm
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Melody , it is our own governments who are to blame for this situation . ,nothing being done by them in making it more difficult for those huge corporations, billionaires , millionaires , drug dealers , you name it to move their profits and ill gotten monetary gains out of their countries, so , until something is done this racket will go on forever . yes.gif

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
Melody
post 4th Apr 2016, 04:11pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Indeed Angel I am well aware of that. They are all guilty of corruption but it would appear that the general feeling in this topic so far has been that of oh well just the way it is.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 4th Apr 2016, 04:30pm
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (angel @ 4th Apr 2016, 06:02pm) *
Melody , it is our own governments who are to blame for this situation . ,nothing being done by them in making it more difficult for those huge corporations, billionaires , millionaires , drug dealers , you name it to move their profits and ill gotten monetary gains out of their countries, so , until something is done this racket will go on forever . yes.gif

The number 1 on the list from this neck of the woods is the nephew of the SA State President. Their ill gotten gains come from a corrupt deal set up to skim the oil profits from the Congo. When both countries state presidents are up to the proverbial you know what in corruption. There is not much that can be done.

If only they would transfer the funds through a US bank.

+Quote Post
angel
post 4th Apr 2016, 04:32pm
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Melody @ 4th Apr 2016, 04:19pm) *
Indeed Angel I am well aware of that. They are all guilty of corruption but it would appear that the general feeling in this topic so far has been that of oh well just the way it is.

unfortunately that is the case , and not unless a solution appears nothing will change . It's much easier for governments to get the taxes from the working public , that costs less money , I suppose " which keeps our taxes down . unsure.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
Melody
post 4th Apr 2016, 04:53pm
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
These people have the cheek to go on about welfare and benefits being too high laugh.gif when folk in the uk are on their knees and may heaven help you if you have a disability or are homeless . While these tax dodgers behave like pigs in a trough.

+Quote Post
angel
post 4th Apr 2016, 06:49pm
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
The Ultra rich rule this planet Melody and not one law gets past no matter what political party is in power and also that law must be to their advantage . So how do the people solve that problem .

I for one don't have a clue . unsure.gif

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
wombat
post 4th Apr 2016, 09:17pm
Post #14

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (angel @ 4th Apr 2016, 06:57pm) *
The Ultra rich rule this planet Melody and not one law gets past no matter what political party is in power and also that law must be to their advantage . So how do the people solve that problem .

I for one don't have a clue . unsure.gif

rolleyes.gif wall, firing squad. thumbup.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
GG
post 4th Apr 2016, 09:45pm
Post #15

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
I think that there is – and there always has been – a sizeable elite in our society who are so crazily and selfishly greedy that their sole goal in life is to get as much money for themselves that they do not care about the consequences ... illegal, immoral or anything.

To me, nothing exemplifies this more than the example I read very recently from a great book, The Battle of the Atlantic: How the Allies Won the War, written by Jonathan Dimbleby.

In that battle, the longest and most important of the whole second world war, two paragraphs (among many) stand out to me. These paragraphs show in the goriest detail that we were not 'all in it together' even in WW2. On the one side, we had the powerful group of shipowners and speculators who exhibited such abhorrent and reckless conduct with their ships (bordering on the frequent mass murder of their employees) that many merchant vessels were sunk that could have been saved. The reason for this is that the shipowners profited exorbitantly from insurance payouts if their ships went down.

Attached Image

On the other side, we had the poor merchant sailors who sailed and often went down with the vessels (36,000 allied merchant seamen died during the battle plus the same number of Royal Navy personnel). For those proud men there was hardship beyond belief in conditions that were amongst the worth on earth. And if these brave – but poor – souls managed to somehow survive the sinking of a merchant ship, they got a measly 30 (and utter contempt) to cover their lost worldly possessions.

Attached Image

So, really, nothing changes from generation to generation: a rich, pathetic, greedy, selfish elite who will do anything for more money ... and ordinary, decent, brave, honourable people who – when things go as wrong as they could possibly go – put their lives on the line for a pittance.

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.