Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

174 Pages V  « < 172 173 174  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 1 V
wombat
post 6th Apr 2017, 08:11pm
Post #2596

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
laugh.gif laugh.gif OH YEAH?WELL HOW DIS THIS GRAB YIE ?

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wombat
post 6th Apr 2017, 08:13pm
Post #2597

Mega City Key Holder
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
wombat
post 6th Apr 2017, 08:17pm
Post #2598

Mega City Key Holder
rolleyes.gif you like? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Apr 2017, 08:24pm
Post #2599

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

Pfft, send them , I can bloody make them and for the record that is a jpg..

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
wombat
post 6th Apr 2017, 08:29pm
Post #2600

Mega City Key Holder
laugh.gif who cares if its a jpg or a pegleg ? laugh.gif a bit of fun.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wombat
post 6th Apr 2017, 08:39pm
Post #2601

Mega City Key Holder
rolleyes.gif haw johnmcn, ur yies gonny dump the edinburgh tattoo if independence is gotten?

--------------------

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 6th Apr 2017, 09:32pm
Post #2602

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 6th Apr 2017, 08:07pm) *
This is Bilbo thinking he's cool in front of the mirror because he knows the language of the country he has stayed in for nearly a decade , those on the other side of the mirror are everyone else thinking he looks like a tube wink.gif biggrin.gif

Oh, boy! Really wound up the eejits, this time! laugh.gif

I wonder how long it took to source that?

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Apr 2017, 09:45pm
Post #2603

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

No time at all, seen it and instantly thought of you laugh.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 7th Apr 2017, 12:53pm
Post #2604

Mega City Key Holder
Attached Image

To whom it may concern:-

Do not learn your Spanish from the Sun ( or anything else, of course!)

Maybe it's a typo for seniors, but in any case, such offers are usually in the Daily Sport, I believe.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th Apr 2017, 10:24am
Post #2605

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 5th Apr 2017, 11:35pm) *
Next time you see him, tell him that we Glaswegians just call them 'nut cases'. Saves us from looking up Google.

Danny Harrris

"we Glaswegians"?

Speak for yourself Danny. yes.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 8th Apr 2017, 11:50am
Post #2606

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 8th Apr 2017, 11:24am) *
"we Glaswegians"?

Speak for yourself Danny. :yes:

Hi Jagz

I stand corrected. Being a former taxi driver in Glasgow, you will heve talked to far more Glaswegians than I have. I wasn't aware that "estupidos" was commonly used in Glasgow.

Thank for enlightening me. It is just that in the Gaspipe Road where I was brought up, we said "nut cases"

Regards

Danny

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 18th Apr 2017, 06:43pm
Post #2607

Mega City Key Holder
An excellent, intelligent post from another site. I have permission to post.

Major Mayhem and the Brexiteers have finally forced my hand and at the tender age of nearly 70 I find myself obliged to apply for Spanish nationality. Regrettably there are too many of my compatriots here in Spain who are ineligible to do likewise and thus will be condemned to the chaotic limbo consequent on this suicidal, legally questionable and totally unnecessary step.

In 2012 GB welcomed the world to the London Olympics and we Brits were proud of the talent, organisation and generosity of spirit shown to visitors. What on earth has happened in the last 5 years to turn our country - more specifically England – into the spiteful, inward-looking, Billy-no-friends place it is today ?

Europe views Britain's Brexit with a mixture of bewilderment, incredulity, ridicule, some Schadenfreude but also much sadness. Could this oldest and most exemplary of parliamentary democracies actually have voted to implement not only its certain economic demise but also the inevitable political break-up of its United Kingdom ?

I suppose I shall still pass the infamous Tebbit test and will continue to support England when they play Spain or whosoever at cricket etc. But notwithstanding the specific trammels of Brexit it sure ain't easy being a Brit – even an ex-Brit - in today's Europe.

The truth is that our economic and political humiliation is only half of the story. The stock of “ Perfidious Albion” on the continent has surely never been lower. To our embarrassment and shame we are increasingly dismissed as little more than social and cultural lepers. For too long our image has been sculpted by that of football-louts, stag/hen partyers or sun-and-fun-seekers, ignorant, monolingual, xenophobic drunks puking and rampaging across civilised Europe with utter disregard for national and local sensitivities.

So, thanks in no small part to decades of shameless vilification of Europe from Sun, Mail, Express and their readers, Britain is finally walking away. Sadly all too many Europeans will also be wishing us Good Riddance. Their view is that at base we belong on our small island and ideally they would wish our more primitive specimens to be safely “beyond the pale”.

I take no pleasure in this diagnosis as I have to admit that the values of the Great Britain I cherish are nowadays more in evidence in my new adopted country – and indeed in the majority of other European countries.

I'm glad just to get all that off my chest ! Now I'll sign off by wishing Leavers and Remainers alike “the Very Best of British !” You might just need a good slice of that luck ..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 19th Apr 2017, 12:09am
Post #2608

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Putting up with football louts and stag parties is a minor inconvenience for our EU partners when they are getting £250 million a week.
Meanwhile 20 thousand EU citizens a month seem only too happy to join the UK lepers, then there are the hundreds of asylum seekers desperate to leave the EU Utopia to live in perfidious Albion.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 19th Apr 2017, 12:44pm
Post #2609

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 19th Apr 2017, 02:09am) *
Putting up with football louts and stag parties is a minor inconvenience for our EU partners when they are getting £250 million a week.
Meanwhile 20 thousand EU citizens a month seem only too happy to join the UK lepers, then there are the hundreds of asylum seekers desperate to leave the EU Utopia to live in perfidious Albion.

You are truly a scholar and a gentleman! wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

174 Pages V  « < 172 173 174
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Apr 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.