Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trying To Find Possilpark Friends, Anyone know the Murrays?
Rating 3 V
SARACENlad
post 5th Jun 2016, 02:16pm
Post #241

Super Visitor
Member No.: 26,058
QUOTE (flam @ 20th Nov 2012, 11:23am) *
Hi Nevis You would likely have known Tam McKenna, Palfreyman, Fitzy , Joe McCallum
Cheers Flim

Did joe mcallum have a disability cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
flam
post 6th Jun 2016, 10:08am
Post #242

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,044
Yes ..Saracenlad, Joe had a problem with one of his arms, wee Pat Connor stayed at 70 Sunnylaw St ?,his sister Liz was married to a guy called John White, I believe Pat worked in the railways at one time

+Quote Post
SARACENlad
post 7th Jun 2016, 02:22pm
Post #243

Super Visitor
QUOTE (flam @ 6th Jun 2016, 11:08am) *
Yes ..Saracenlad, Joe had a problem with one of his arms, wee Pat Connor stayed at 70 Sunnylaw St ?,his sister Liz was married to a guy called John White, I believe Pat worked in the railways at one time

cheers for that flam I wouldnt have remembered itwas no.70 but think If I mind right it was low down to the left as you go in the close yes he did work in the railway he had a top union job in railway I once saw him on tv talking about one of there many disputes did joe mcallum stay at balglass st.? do you remember another pal of mine from that neck of the woods frank barton he was no to bad at the fitba if I mind cheers

+Quote Post
SARACENlad
post 7th Jun 2016, 02:27pm
Post #244

Super Visitor
QUOTE (nevis @ 11th Nov 2012, 06:18pm) *
Hello i lived at 75 Sunnylaw Street .....john holliday my name .....used to run about with The Devlins .....Winshcole.......Stouts ...................Monroe and all the rest from Balglas Street went to Possil School .Saracen Primary does anybody know the names Tam lindsay ,Freddie Simpson , Billy Moffat .George Barcley, Janice Bates ,later i ran about Queens X .....The mac murrays. Mckennas ..Gordens .maybe someone knows my cousin Cha Holliday .....My Dad had the blue invalid car in sunnylaw street 2 square ......or maybe someone knows my neighbour Sheena or the Macvaulds or Coyles ..........been away from Glasgow since 35years now would like to know what happend to all the peeps from the past ......................jorr was my nickname gg

Hi there whereabouts did freddy Simpson live can you mind his street ?cheers

+Quote Post
flam
post 8th Jun 2016, 01:23pm
Post #245

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,044
Hi Saracenlad..I am almost certain that Frankie Barton passed away a few years ago,I believe he and his family stayed at 63 Sunnylaw St ?

+Quote Post
*Briyen Duffy*
post 27th Sep 2016, 07:55pm
Post #246

QUOTE (james mclean @ 2nd Mar 2011, 11:51pm) *
hi lillian,

i lived in fruin st and went to hawthorn primary from 1961 and then onto possil comp in 1968 and i think that i may remmember you,

jimmcean

I lived in Fruin Street for a while in the 50s at my grans number 30 top house on the left. Then moved to Hhawthorn Street had a few friends then but just can't remember half of them.

+Quote Post
ExPOW
post 29th Sep 2016, 08:51pm
Post #247

Super Resident
Member No.: 13,466
This is for Paul Mitchell in Post #238.

If it's not too late, another couple of photos that includes your uncle Pat.

66th (St Teresa's) Cup Sixers and Seconders photographed at Culzean Castle in the early 60s.
By the way, your uncle Pat never did pay for the castle window he broke with a stone.
Ask him is he remembers fighting with me at St. Cuthbert's and his peculiar method of issuing verbal abuse while swinging fists.
Outcome?
He lost.

Photo 1:
On your left (same place, same time).

Photograph 2:
Pat is back row, second in from your right with Frank Kelly's arm around his neck.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Held prisoner in Scotland from 1953. Escaped to England in 1970 then to Homeland Canada in 1980.

+Quote Post
*Irene Taplin*
post 13th Jan 2017, 12:23am
Post #248

QUOTE (Yolanda De Iuliis @ 26th Sep 2010, 01:56am) *
I am actually from irvine and alot younger but I am currently doing a family tree and trying to track down my ancestors.

On saracon Street, I dont know if you remember a cafe called "lido cafe"? This was owned by my great grand father, I never knew him or met him, i dont even know his full name, our last name is De Iuliis, he was italian and came to scotland.

I was just wondering if you remember the cafe and if you remember it been sold? and if you remember the owner, my grandftather at all?

My dad grew up in Possilpark, as a boy i cannot recall the scholl he went to but he also hung around the area alot helping his family in the Business, my other grandparents were of italian descent and had an italian cafe in possilpark also but i dont know the name of this one.

Im just trying to find anyone who can remember my great grandfathers name the cafe and its goings on back then.

I hope you can help!

Thanks
Yolanda De Iuliis (Irvine, Scotland)

yolanda_deiuliis@hotmail.com

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 23rd Jan 2017, 12:36pm
Post #249

QUOTE (flims @ 18th Apr 2005, 09:06pm) *
Hi All Helen what Square did you stay in or was nearest to,what year did your family stay there in Sunnylaw St ,was it near Carbeth St , You must remember this wee shop McCafferty,s or at the other end Balglass St Cheers Flim

+Quote Post
*andrew woods*
post 20th Feb 2017, 10:40pm
Post #250

QUOTE (nevis @ 14th Nov 2012, 08:56pm) *
Hi my name is john holliday i know the stouts , john went to saracen with me .yes i mean the mac vaulds . was playing fitba when that happend to leanie macfauld.....whats your name............

I stayed next door to the Stouts.

+Quote Post
*Edward kerr*
post 6th May 2017, 09:57am
Post #251

QUOTE (tassiedevil @ 7th May 2009, 02:28am) *
What year was this taken? Do you have anymore Possilpark pix? My late father Jim Lawson was living with the Kerr family at 70 Sunnylaw st, in 1949 before he came here to Oz. His brother Tom lived with the McIntyre's at 184 Ashgill Rd. Would you have any pix of James Stuart & Co in Saracen St where my father worked?
tassiiedevil
My name is eddy kerr old days called me teddy,I was born 1941 70 sunnylaw street i new your father when i 8 years old I remember he had black Paton shoes he loved ballroom dancing and toasted nuts he was logdging with my family brother sisters 3 sisters Betty marry Anna Peter John my self 3of us left I'm living in AUstralia oueensland my e mail emkcarstyling@hot mail . Com I'm new to this site I reall hope you receive this reply.

+Quote Post
*Li McMillan*
post 11th Sep 2017, 08:02pm
Post #252

Hi just wondered if anyone knew my grandparents Auld and Mac McMillan or my dad Albert McMillan, also my dad's aunty Peggy Auld ?

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.