Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glasgow Dance Halls, 1950s/60s -, Memories and Images
akirkhouse93
post 9th Feb 2015, 10:33am
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 28,622
I am looking for stories and images to include in a filmed documentary I am making for my final year University project about Scottish Dance Halls in the 1950's. The documentary is for educational purposes and so your information would not be broadcast commercially. The aim of the film is to understand what the social implications of the dance halls were, what effect they had on society, and why there were so popular. I plan to answer these questions by using peoples own experiences to depict the history of this lively and popular activity and so would love to hear your stories, memories and experiences about dancing in this decade (or the 1960's) If you can remember specific Dance Halls you frequented it would be great to hear about them and if anyone has any images of themselves dancing or themselves during that decade (or the 1960's) I would love to use them. If you want to contact me privately instead of on here my email s ak82@st-andrews.ac.uk
Please get in touch with any memories you have!
Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mariaha
post 24th Feb 2015, 01:57am
Post #2

Unpacking
Member No.: 28,627
QUOTE (akirkhouse93 @ 9th Feb 2015, 11:50am) *
I am looking for stories and images to include in a filmed documentary I am making for my final year University project about Scottish Dance Halls in the 1950's. The documentary is for educational purposes and so your information would not be broadcast commercially. The aim of the film is to understand what the social implications of the dance halls were, what effect they had on society, and why there were so popular. I plan to answer these questions by using peoples own experiences to depict the history of this lively and popular activity and so would love to hear your stories, memories and experiences about dancing in this decade (or the 1960's) If you can remember specific Dance Halls you frequented it would be great to hear about them and if anyone has any images of themselves dancing or themselves during that decade (or the 1960's) I would love to use them. If you want to contact me privately instead of on here my email s ak82@st-andrews.ac.uk
Please get in touch with any memories you have!
Thanks!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.