Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bellevue, Childrens Home
Rating 5 V
Isis
post 11th May 2013, 05:17pm
Post #16

Unpacking
Member No.: 21,585
Hi,

I'm writing on behalf of my dad. He is hoping that someone out there will remember the Love family; Mary, Tommy, Billy and the youngest, Robert (my dad). They were in Bellevue around 1951 to 1957. They have lots of group photos of nuns with the children but wonder if anyone has photographs of the whole building or grounds. My dad and uncle Tommy would also love to talk to old friends or anyone else who was in or connected to Bellevue from this time period.

P.S. Does anyone remember the dog called "Paddy Laundry"?

He can be contacted at olias@aol.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
matt.63
post 23rd Aug 2013, 12:43pm
Post #17

Super Visitor
Member No.: 4,502
QUOTE (Isis @ 11th May 2013, 05:15pm) *
Hi,

I'm writing on behalf of my dad. He is hoping that someone out there will remember the Love family; Mary, Tommy, Billy and the youngest, Robert (my dad). They were in Bellevue around 1951 to 1957. They have lots of group photos of nuns with the children but wonder if anyone has photographs of the whole building or grounds. My dad and uncle Tommy would also love to talk to old friends or anyone else who was in or connected to Bellevue from this time period.

P.S. Does anyone remember the dog called "Paddy Laundry"? hi i can remember a dog in bellevue the dog was an airedale breed if my memory is correct,i dont have any photos of bellevue have tried to get information but nothing about

He can be contacted at olias@aol.com

--------------------
A man's a man for a that

+Quote Post
matt.63
post 23rd Aug 2013, 12:48pm
Post #18

Super Visitor
Member No.: 4,502
QUOTE (jinkee @ 2nd Mar 2012, 08:49pm) *
can any one tell of a guy in bellvue called Basil Jones

hi jinkee sorry to hear of the bad times you had in bellevue i was quite young when in there but can certainly remember it not so good if you wet the bed as i did having to take your sheets down to the laundry every morning wasnt funny then so have an idea of what you mean cheers Matt

--------------------
A man's a man for a that

+Quote Post
*George rice*
post 6th Mar 2014, 07:30pm
Post #19

I am 65 years old. I was in Bellevue at age 4/5 my memories of this institution are that of beatings cold baths and other sadistic treatment, one young friend I remember was made to wear a dress to school, I was lucky that I had 4 older sisters to protect me.

+Quote Post
*Carla Stanizzo*
post 22nd Apr 2014, 06:14am
Post #20

QUOTE (Jim McLau @ 10th Feb 2013, 07:12am) *
Hi,

We believe our Mum was in Belle Vue, between about 1933, aged 10, on a daily basis, after her adoptive Mother died and then full time from about 1937, aged 14, after her adoptive Father died, leaving about the age of 17. Her name was Elizabeth (Betty) McCallum.

We have been in contact with Belle Vue to try to confirm this, as we are trying to find details of Mum's real family, however they state that the records they have for around that time, have been destroyed or damaged.

We have photo's of Mum and others in and around what we believe to be Belle Vue, however, Mum passed away in 1979, so obviously is unable to confirm the details we have. I would be happy to forward copies of these to you.

I would also like to hear from anyone else who had relatives at Belle Vue around that time or knew Sister Agnes, who I have been told, Mum was very friendly with and in fact travelled to London in the mid sixties to meet up with.

Jim

+Quote Post
lorrmcd
post 4th Jul 2014, 08:47pm
Post #21

Unpacking
Member No.: 18,026
Reply to Jim McLau*

Sorry have not been on this website for some time. I would really appreciate if you could forward some pics

+Quote Post
*Lorrane*
post 14th Feb 2015, 01:17am
Post #22

QUOTE (Jim McLau @ 10th Feb 2013, 07:12am) *
Hi,

We believe our Mum was in Belle Vue, between about 1933, aged 10, on a daily basis, after her adoptive Mother died and then full time from about 1937, aged 14, after her adoptive Father died, leaving about the age of 17. Her name was Elizabeth (Betty) McCallum.

We have been in contact with Belle Vue to try to confirm this, as we are trying to find details of Mum's real family, however they state that the records they have for around that time, have been destroyed or damaged.

We have photo's of Mum and others in and around what we believe to be Belle Vue, however, Mum passed away in 1979, so obviously is unable to confirm the details we have. I would be happy to forward copies of these to you.

I would also like to hear from anyone else who had relatives at Belle Vue around that time or knew Sister Agnes, who I have been told, Mum was very friendly with and in fact travelled to London in the mid sixties to meet up with.

Jim

+Quote Post
*Charles reilly*
post 31st Mar 2015, 01:54pm
Post #23

QUOTE (lorrane @ 19th Jan 2013, 12:37am) *
Does any of any photos of Bellevue would love to see them as memory is vague was there 1959.

My family were also in Bellvue we had Sister Louise she was not a nice woman.

+Quote Post
Pollock
post 31st Mar 2015, 04:15pm
Post #24

Unpacking
Member No.: 7,910
Hi,
My mum was in Bellevue in the 1940's. I would like to see the pictures as there is very little info from that time.. Thanks in advance
Regards
Danny

+Quote Post
*carla stanizzo*
post 23rd Apr 2015, 01:38pm
Post #25

Hi Jim

I have not been on the site for a long time as I was trying to trace family history another way. I have come to a dead end and have pretty much decided to stop searching. If you have any photos or information on bellevue I would love to see/hear them. Dad was left at beelvue by his single mother around 1931 and stayed there for about three years.

Carla

+Quote Post
*james tynan*
post 9th Dec 2016, 12:38am
Post #26

Was that the dog that went rabid and started biting all in the play area?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th Mar 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.