Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marching The Flag, [SB]Youth Groups
Tori G
post 7th Jun 2005, 04:20am
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,927
When I lived in Priesthill I was in the Brownies and the Guides i dont remember the company numbers i loved doing this and always trying to do my best as they do. One particular time i remember is walking in procession with all other companys at the time and helping to carry the flag and alongside of me was the Queen's cousin i thought it was lord baden-powell but i know he died way before that so who ever the Queens cousin was at the time.

--------------------
Thats what I think anyway
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sumac
post 18th Sep 2006, 07:03pm
Post #2

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 3,359
Do you remember Thinking Day? We were allowed to go to school wearing our Brownie uniforms. Was that cool or what! I felt so proud!
And my clearest memory of Church Parade is of when we walked all the way from Townhead to the big church in Springburn for a special Parade, though I don't know why it was so special. We picked up other organisations on the way and marched proudly to the church. I remember the organ playing the Cerebos salt tune to a packed church, and feeling very emotional. It must have been about 1962 (?) and we were exhausted when we got home, but feeling great. At the age of about 8, I didn't know why I felt like that, but it felt so good!

--------------------
Ah don't hear sae well withoot ma specs
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th Mar 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.